IF YOUR A THUG YOUR A THUG!!!!

This guy is a thug, as the OP stated, no two ways about it. Cops only pull their guns and shoot if there is an immediate threat of life danger to them or any one else. Originally Posted by davidfree986
While this *should* be true, it always is not. Therefore this statement cannot be made as fact, evidence, or justification. What one *should* do and they actually do, can be two different things.

Sweeping generalizations like this, and many others in this thread is why things have escalated to this point.

No all cops pull their firearm justifiably, not all black teens of that size are thugs, not all white people that side with Wilson are racist, etc.
Officers are trained to shoot and assess. If there is still a threat, then shoot again. They are not trained to shoot to kill. So how would they explain 3 shots to the head? One which is the fatality bullet. Either way, I agree not all facts have been given, but there is a new audio video released that is clear as day of 10 consecutive gun shots in the back round. It was on CNN this morning.

All in All just a sad story.. it is true these things happen all too often.
What ever happened to using tasers?
Officers are trained to shoot and assess. If there is still a threat, then shoot again. They are not trained to shoot to kill Originally Posted by melannie_star
They're not trained to wound. A center mass shot, iirc, is SOP for them (biggest part of the target, good chance to stop the target). Him falling or having slumped would put his head close to center mass and would be in the area they'd normally aim. There are plausible reasons as to why the shot hit there; but not necessarily why he shot X amount of times or if he aimed for his head specifically.

Not saying you specifically; but the argument of "why not shoot him in the leg" or something similar is common. Simply put, they're not trained to do that.
While this *should* be true, it always is not. Therefore this statement cannot be made as fact, evidence, or justification. What one *should* do and they actually do, can be two different things.

Sweeping generalizations like this, and many others in this thread is why things have escalated to this point.

No all cops pull their firearm justifiably, not all black teens of that size are thugs, not all white people that side with Wilson are racist, etc. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
We are not talking about all black teens, we are talking about this one. He is a thug because of what he pulled at the convenience store and that is a video fact. Even though there is a great deal more to this story than what this video portrayed, the store clerk nor anyone else provoked this teen to assault the clerk. THUG is the factual way you describe this punk kid. Seems to me like this situation is like a few Eccie members in a way as they draw assumptive conclusions without all the facts, if they even have any to begin with, and just throw names around. Yes, he is someone's child and friend, but so is every one else on death row, every criminal and bad person out there, does that mean it is okay to commit assault because he has a family or friends?

This is not a racist thing either, as blacks would like it to be. If any other nationality was shot by cop, there would be no national attention like this and all AA people need to stand up against racism, when in fact, that is racism in and of itself! Even if it was not justified, and in this case no one knows but a couple of people, one of which is dead.
So are you saying that no altercation took place and the cop just decided to chase down and shoot brown while leaving his friend alone.

Juvenile records can be sealed. The video in the store tells a lot. Judging from the incident in the store and how nonchalant he was about it, I think he has done it many times.
His friend you might note put his cigars back. He knew it was wrong. His friend has the arrest record....Go figure. Based on the video, Mike brown does not seem to know right from wrong.

Sad to see two families lives forever ruined over a dumb incident. The parents lost a son forever. The cop will probably never get a fair trial and his family will have to go in hiding.

For those that say Mike assaulted the officer first and that justifies the killing, where is the proof that altercation took place. I haven't seen pictures or videos of any scuffle. Again the incident is unfortunate and to call him a thug is ludicrous. His record was clean as a whistle this comes from the Stlouis prosecutors office ijs Originally Posted by Thatdude
We are not talking about all black teens, we are talking about this one. He is a thug because of what he pulled at the convenience store and that is a video fact. Even though there is a great deal more to this story than what this video portrayed, the store clerk nor anyone else provoked this teen to assault the clerk. THUG is the factual way you describe this punk kid. Seems to me like this situation is like a few Eccie members in a way as they draw assumptive conclusions without all the facts, if they even have any to begin with, and just throw names around. Yes, he is someone's child and friend, but so is every one else on death row, every criminal and bad person out there, does that mean it is okay to commit assault because he has a family or friends? Originally Posted by davidfree986
The irony in this post is great. I hope it was intentional.

The latter: you just proved the point of what you're condemning. Those people are on death row and in person because they had a "fair" trial as every citizen should - thug, punk, blue-haired church granny, or not. This person did not. There have yet to be facts presented that justify him being killed and not given a fair trial.

This is not a racist thing either, as blacks would like it to be. If any other nationality was shot by cop, there would be no national attention like this and all AA people need to stand up against racism, when in fact, that is racism in and of itself! Even if it was not justified, and in this case no one knows but a couple of people, one of which is dead. Originally Posted by davidfree986
So if no one knows, sans Wilson, how are you claiming it isn't racially motivated as fact?

Also, should I learn from your reply what to expect when you have one of your "facts" refuted? You simply just give a new "fact" instead of giving evidence to support it?
My opinion worth every penny :-)

There should be investigation and punishment based on the FACTS.

People who take advantage of the turmoil to riot and loot need to be singled out for special punishment. If you don't live there and just came for the fun but get busted looting or assaulting you should get extra time or fines.

+100 for THN saying we have so much more important things to focus on ! Our whole world is balanced on a knife blade waiting for the push into anarchy. I use "zombie apocalypse" as the generic term of societal collapse. Politics, food shortage, race riot or disease. Any of these can make our cushy lives into a walking dead episode !
guess you are not going to stop, so I will reply to this then give you the last word.

The irony in this post is great. I hope it was intentional.

The latter: you just proved the point of what you're condemning. Those people are on death row and in person because they had a "fair" trial as every citizen should - thug, punk, blue-haired church granny, or not. This person did not. There have yet to be facts presented that justify him being killed and not given a fair trial.

There were not facts period so to sit there and complain about it being not justified is just as hypocritical as the ones who say it is justified. No one knows, so there is no point in arguing who is wrong or right till the entire case is investigated and a decision made by someone other than members of a whore board.

So if no one knows, sans Wilson, how are you claiming it isn't racially motivated as fact?

It is racially motivated after the fact, hence the riots and Jackson and Sharpton spreading their racially motivated hate for all other races at his funeral. I cannot say for sure that killing him was racially motivated and neither can you or anyone else. I know you just cannot face that fact of the fact there are no facts other than the video, and if that is not evidence enough for you that he is a criminal thug, he has no record because this was probably the first time he has been caught and he did not intimidate witnesses of his crimes. I would hate to have you on a jury of a guy who killed someone as you would hang the jury saying you would only believe it if you saw it with your own eyes and maybe not even then! But, if you actually know something that is pertinent to the case, then by all means, do tell.

Also, should I learn from your reply what to expect when you have one of your "facts" refuted? You simply just give a new "fact" instead of giving evidence to support it? Originally Posted by FunInDFW
I know you just cannot face that fact of the fact there are no facts other than the video Originally Posted by davidfree986
:LOL! Ignorance at its finest all over that reply. No facts except for the video huh? Glad to see that there's no need for any other evidence than what fits your views. Keep moving those goalposts by the way.

Your hyperbolic reply to simple refutation of "facts" is quite telling of childish and close-minded thinking. Well done!
How many here have heard of Dillion Taylor? Probably no one. He was a white unarmed 20 year old shot and killed by a black cop.

How many protest and riots have we seen? Has any even heard about this incident?

Was there a reason for shooting him? Probably. Virtually identical stories except there is no video of Dillion robbing a c-store and assaulting a worker 20 minutes before he was shot.
Wasn't he a young man from Florida who was shot and killed shortly after trevon martin? I believe it got a blip on the local news down there!!! No riots and no one rioting or big named political leaders coming to his defense? If im wrong please correct me....But something similar did happen down there...
How many here have heard of Dillion Taylor? Probably no one. He was a white unarmed 20 year old shot and killed by a black cop.

How many protest and riots have we seen? Originally Posted by dallasfan
protest, no riot..

Wasn't he a young man from Florida who was shot and killed shortly after trevon martin? I believe it got a blip on the local news down there!!! No riots and no one rioting or big named political leaders coming to his defense? If im wrong please correct me....But something similar did happen down there... Originally Posted by autummagick
http://fox13now.com/2014/08/25/dozen...olice-officer/

btw, until your posts, no, I had never heard of him or his shooting!
My bad it was in Utah...But about the time that trevon martin was shot there was a young white man who was only 17 shot and killed in about the same manner!!!! And shot by a black person. Why is so much creedence given to minorities!!! Im not saying anyone is better than another but from what ive heard and seen some folks are given more publicity!!!! So? whats the deal??? And BTW!!! I did not say in my post that he deserved to die!!! Only that if he weren't that sort of person that he would not have been in that situation!!!
No this happened recently. Same week as the mike brown incident. Salt Lake City. Guy was half the size of mike brown
Not saying this happened. I was talking to Johnny law after this incident happened. They said anytime someone reaches for an officers gun over 90% of the time it is to kill the officer so they are trained when that happens to react in a way to save their own life.