debt ceiling government shut down

This is just politics ( make the other look bad ).

No person in power with millions to lose if the economy goes into the crapper will allow the default of the US debt. The increase in interest rates alone would cause a recession.

Remember most members of congress are multi-millionaires. They days of public servant are LONG gone.

My favorite tidbit about this topic is this. The currant DEM budget proposal is 2% of the debt. The reason why we have Fucked the next 2 generations is YEARS of over spending by both parties.

A pox on both of the major parties houses.

Simpsons and Bowles tried to give them a plan, but they couldn't resist the drug of staying in power. A true statesman cares about what is best for the USA as a whole, not just what his district or state wants from it's rep.

God bless the USA, we need it. Originally Posted by beguilingeyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc0Y9NaOLek
The largest and most influential non-interventionist group was the America First Committee, founded in the summer of 1940 by a group of Yale University law students. By September 1940, the students, led by R. Douglas Stuart Jr., had gathered prominent Americans to serve on the organization’s board, including the president of the American Olympic Committee Avery Brundage, Hormel Foods chief executive Jay Hormel, Ford Motor Company founder Henry Ford, late President Theodore Roosevelt’s daughter Alice Roosevelt Longworth, and General Hugh Johnson, who had been the director of the National Recovery Act, one of President Franklin Roosevelt’s early New Deal programs. Democratic senator Burton Wheeler (Montana), and Republican senators Gerald Nye (North Dakota) and Robert Taft (Ohio) also served as important spokesmen for the organization.

The America First Committee (AFC), which may have had some 800,000 members and at least 450 local chapters, encouraged civic engagement, such as letter-writing campaigns to elected officials, and sponsored rallies and speeches throughout the country. Charles Lindbergh, who achieved international fame in 1927 for piloting the first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean, became the committee’s most prominent speaker. Even before AFC’s founding, Lindbergh had given radio speeches opposing US involvement in the war and warning of Germany’s military superiority. During a September 11, 1941, speech in Des Moines, Iowa, Lindbergh warned listeners that “the Jewish people” had too much influence on American media and government and were “war agitators.” Newspapers throughout the country denounced Lindbergh’s speech as antisemitic. Even though the America First Committee did not officially promote antisemitism, the organization tolerated these sentiments among its members. Originally Posted by VitaMan
I don't understand how it would have been possible to not get involved in world war II.

I'm not surprised there were some people who opposed the war. I did not hear of "The America First Committee," but I doubt it has anything to with Trump.
Newspapers throughout the country denounced Lindbergh’s speech as antisemitic. Even though the America First Committee did not officially promote antisemitism, the organization tolerated these sentiments among its members. Originally Posted by VitaMan
I did not hear of "The America First Committee," but I doubt it has anything to with Trump. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong

It came long before the dumpster fire. But the racist and antisemitic sentiments are the same.
I owe 9500 an apology!

I accused him of riding the wagon
I owe 9500 an apology!

I accused him of riding the wagon Originally Posted by winn dixie
I've only looked inside the wagon, sir. When I think about getting on, inevitably something, usually at work, keeps me stuck in the sud.
I've only looked inside the wagon, sir. When I think about getting on, inevitably something, usually at work, keeps me stuck in the sud. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
sud? mud maybe?
sud? mud maybe? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Sud, mud. I was using my license. Sir.
I don't have to study history to know your post about WWII was dumb. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong

Good to see you read that and gaining some knowledge.

The next assignment is to study the Lend Lease Act, and why it was passed by Congress and enacted into law.
How about we start a betting pool on when the debt ceiling shutdown will happen.
Frankly, we need a much smaller govt interferring in our lives.
What we need is a civil war in this Country.
What we need is a civil war in this Country. Originally Posted by winn dixie

Shirts versus skins.
"dark winter a coming " Puddens head told us
Shirts versus skins. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

Actually we already had a version of this. Tons of Confederate soldiers walked barefoot to the Northern battlefields.

Some polls were out discussing breaking up the United States to red and blue countries. That must be how this topic appeared. Over 50% of some supporters were in favor of it.

But of course, the way the poll questions were worded determined the poll results. Poll results can come out anyway the poll creators desire.

Watch that asterisk !
What we need is a civil war in this Country. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Shirts versus skins. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Calif falls into the ocean.
New England, upstate NY, upstate MN, North Dakota & Montana go Canadian.
The rest split into 4 or 5 smaller bits.
or read Kurt Schliters book on 2 americas.