Prisoners with perks?

The United States has a little over 300-million people. The worlds population is almost 7-billion. The United States holds 20% of the worlds prison population! There is truth in the belief in the prison industrial complex. Originally Posted by buzzworm86

Yea, and I bet most of them are right here in New Orleans lol. Actually, we let them out due to over crowding...that's how an 18 yr. old robbed me.
So we want good health care for our prisoners, but not good health care for our fellow citizens who are poor??!!! Oh the irony. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

No, we just don't want good heath care for citizens who don't want to WORK! Not being able to work due to a disability is one thing...being a lazy azz living off the govt. is another. People in prison don't have a choice anymore...people on the outside do.

I am so sick of hearing the bs about people who can't get jobs...these are people with clean records, fully functioning, and they can't get a job? Gimme a break lol. The only time I could not get a job, was when I was not looking hard enough for one.

Don't even get me started on lazy azz americans who don't want to work, yet want to live like a rock star. That's another thread.
There are so many things that non-violent offenders could do. Clean parks, scrub graffiti, work at homeless shelters. Jail should be reserved for those who make you lock your door at night.

How to stop drunk driving? Whenever someone is convicted of drunk driving, confiscate their car. No one will lend a car to a drunk if there is a chance it could be confiscated. And drunks would get tired of having to buy new cars. Especially if they haven't paid off the old one. Yes, it's severe, but it would be effective.

I like to drink, but I never drive if I've had more than two drinks. It's just not worth it.
No, we just don't want good heath care for citizens who don't want to WORK! Not being able to work due to a disability is one thing...being a lazy azz living off the govt. is another. People in prison don't have a choice anymore...people on the outside do. Originally Posted by London Rayne
How about folks like lots of my clients who make minimum wage. Do they count? Do you think you could afford food, housing, transportation, daycare and insurance for you and your kids on $12,644/year -- minimum wage after payroll taxes? Do you think that those people "don't won't to work." For many people finding a minimum wage job that is full time, instead of part time, would be a dream come true. Especially in small rural towns.

Seriously, do you think it's only folks who can't work who don't have insurance? The insurance for one individual and their kids through my law firm costs around $750/Mo. You think that these folks making minimum wage can afford that?
London, they're not lazy, their disheartened. You can't expect them to really work, I mean, that's why we are so lenient on illegal aliens, they help us by doing jobs us Americans are too good to do. So don't blame them for being lazy, they are simply waiting for the right opportunity to jump in their lap.
Yeah, TTH, it's a problem, and only the federal government can fix it. Constitution? Fuggedaboudit! We don't need no stinkin' Constitution. You are so willing to help as long as someone else is paying for it.
Yea, and I bet most of them are right here in New Orleans lol. Actually, we let them out due to over crowding...that's how an 18 yr. old robbed me. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Are you comming to St. Louis or not? Since you were robbed in NOLA you're probably afraid to come to MO and see me because I'll steal your heart!
Gawd, Buzz! What a blatant ass kisser line. That's my job! Uh, can I use it in the Kansas City forum?
Gawd, Buzz! What a blatant ass kisser line. That's my job! Uh, can I use it in the Kansas City forum? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Ive been accused in the KC by Ms Elena of being a bigger azz kisser than you. You need to step up you Azz kissing game.
Really? Thanks! I'll start working on it.
If you are going to steal her heart you need to get the hell out of missouri and do the walking. lol or flying..
There are so many things that non-violent offenders could do. Clean parks, scrub graffiti, work at homeless shelters. Jail should be reserved for those who make you lock your door at night.

How to stop drunk driving? Whenever someone is convicted of drunk driving, confiscate their car. No one will lend a car to a drunk if there is a chance it could be confiscated. And drunks would get tired of having to buy new cars. Especially if they haven't paid off the old one. Yes, it's severe, but it would be effective.

I like to drink, but I never drive if I've had more than two drinks. It's just not worth it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I agree. Rather than drafting kids off to war, how about letting prisoners be on the front lines? It would benefit them, and the country.

I have way too many friends with that blow machine in their car, and they always call me to try and get it started. WTF!

Oh and Buzz...already did the St. Louis thing. Stayed at a hotel right by the Arch with a revolving restaurant at the top...pathetic!
If you are going to steal her heart you need to get the hell out of missouri and do the walking. lol or flying.. Originally Posted by Anita Lay
I just need another heart because you've stolen mine!
I agree. Rather than drafting kids off to war, how about letting prisoners be on the front lines? It would benefit them, and the country.

I have way too many friends with that blow machine in their car, and they always call me to try and get it started. WTF!

Oh and Buzz...already did the St. Louis thing. Stayed at a hotel right by the Arch with a revolving restaurant at the top...pathetic! Originally Posted by London Rayne
But just the other day you told Natale that you were thinking of comming. Besides KC is better than STL.
Wichita is better yet!