Has Obamacare reached its goal of 7 million sign ups?

65 Million people voted Democrat in the 2012 general election. 7 million have signed up for ACA. 10%. . Originally Posted by boardman
One additional factor in play here: How many of the 7 million individuals who actually signed up, covered more persons than just themselves on their ACA policy?

To get the correct percentage (you used 10%) you would first need to know: What was the actual number of the 65 million people who voted, who did not sign up but are now covered by the 7 million new ACA policyholders?
Well, I thought the goal was to insure 30 million americans who did not have insurance. 6 or 7 million is way short of 30 million. And 6 or 7 milliion lost their insurance when obamacare went in effect. What are the chances that most of the 6 to 7 million who signed up are mostly the ones who lost insurance in the first place. My insurance is 200.00 per month more expensive, my daughters is 150.00 per month more expensive. Deductibles are like 5 or 6 thousand dollars on these plans. Rediculous. It is a scam to make insurance companies more money than they made before obamacare, to reduce the quality of care overall, to force cheaper fees acceptance on the medical providers. (which is a good thing in some ways). But most of the goals of improving healthcare could have been met with some tweeking of the "old" system". We did not have to tear the system down and put a half ass system up in its place. There are more uninsurance people now than before obamacare and when employees dump their plans before the end of 2014 millions more will be without healthcare (unless they sign up on abamacare.) The youger people are not signing up and choosing to go with out. (oh your going to penalize me a percert of my income, I have no income, I am a student or I have a job but there is know way I can pay for insurance, since I have to conscentrate on rent, food, transpotation and pussy and booze. Fine away MF's
Total f..ing fiasco. It really worries me. I have a heart condition that can only be fixed with a heart transplant. Current medicines run about 10,000 per month to keep my heart pumping and getting stronger, but in the long run, the condition is fatal unless you get a new heart. I am (dispite the heart thing) relatively healthy (although I never thought I would outlive my dick) and don't know why you have to be on the brink of death, sick and dying to get a new heart if you already know thats the only way to fix it. Do it now while you are strong, younger, and more likely to tolerate the surgery and live some good healhty years instead of a steady decline to death. The sytem sucks. By the time I sick enought to move up on the list for heart transplants, they will say, oh....your too old and don't have enough years to live statistically to justify the procedure. I think I will have another rum and coke Originally Posted by Jdriller
You bring up a good point and most people won't see it that way. Even though you may hear about several million signing up for Obamacare and that statistic is suppose to equate to the program's success. In the long run Obamacare may prove to be the flimsy piece of legislation it was made out to be. Obamacare relies on young people signing up, staying healthy and ultimately keeping up the premium. Lets face it many people will renege on paying the premium and their policy would get cancelled. They would just opt to pay the penalty which could be cheaper. I think on paper Obamcare is a hell of a concept in a perfect world. In reality though it will just suck.

Jim
... when faced with any statistic or fact ..... Originally Posted by timpage
There are "statistics" ... there are "facts" .... and there are "factual statistics"!

I thought the goal of ACA was to have uninsured people insured. Not some ponzi scheme to run up the "stats" on "signups" .... for MEDICAID.
Just remember. Obamacare was never about health care. It is only about control.
Why do you expect 65 million people to sign up for health insurance in the individual market when there are only about 46 million who are uninsured? Originally Posted by flghtr65
Who "expects" 65 million "people" (aka U.S. citizens) to sign up for ...

........... health insurance. Or do you mean "new" people to health insurance?

Roughly 85% of the U.S. population has health coverage ...

.. which means that about 270 million people have health coverage.

As a result roughly 270 million people will "sign up" for health coverage this year .. although it will probably be in the last quarter of the year primarily when "open enrollment" and the calendar year-end is coming up ...

I bet you can't wait to post:

270 MILLION SIGNED UP FOR HEALTH CARE!!!!!!
  • CJ7
  • 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Who "expects" 65 million "people" (aka U.S. citizens) to sign up for ...

........... health insurance. Or do you mean "new" people to health insurance?

Roughly 85% of the U.S. population has health coverage ...

.. which means that about 270 million people have health coverage.

As a result roughly 270 million people will "sign up" for health coverage this year .. although it will probably be in the last quarter of the year primarily when "open enrollment" and the calendar year-end is coming up ...

I bet you can't wait to post:

270 MILLION SIGNED UP FOR HEALTH CARE!!!!!!
Originally Posted by LexusLover

you damn sure couldn't wait could you?
:
you damn sure couldn't wait could you? Originally Posted by CJ7
Didn't have to wait. I got the same coverage as last years, but with a slightly higher copay and better dental and vision coverage than last year. Premiums are higher, but the dental and vision have already paid for themselves.

But I am convinced that some of the gullible posters on here will try to ride the "re-up" stats into the some posts about how "well" the "signups" are going with the ACA... NEXT FALL! 270 MILLION before the end of the year. SUCCESS!!!!!
Didn't have to wait. I got the same coverage as last years, but with a slightly higher copay and better dental and vision coverage than last year. Premiums are higher, but the dental and vision have already paid for themselves.

But I am convinced that some of the gullible posters on here will try to ride the "re-up" stats into the some posts about how "well" the "signups" are going with the ACA... NEXT FALL! 270 MILLION before the end of the year. SUCCESS!!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!