The SNATCH thread

It's bad enough that some providers can't seem to read the fucking rules (or their pimps can't - because hey, pimps di'nt do so gud in skool, yo) (<---- that was seriously hard to type - I have no idea how the fuck David Douchehurst does it!) Originally Posted by Claire She Blows
It's just laik wurkin' at tha Cappy-tull. It heps a whole lot if'n yew git drunk a-l'il furst. Thet's why Ah keep a hip flask in mah pokkit at all times. Well, thet an' Ah kin use it as an 'xcuse to werk mah hand 'round in thar an' play wif mah peckerdillo frum time ta time. One way 'r 'nuther, Ah'm all 'bout ree-leevin' stress enny way Ah kin. It's a crippl'r an' a kill'r, Ah tells yah!
What's wrong with the ladies signature lines? This is an ad threAd for whom ever is available in short notice hanse the ad.

IB Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly
The signatures are just as long as the ads, or longer in many cases. The rules already provide for all of the information we need to contact the ladies:
  • For the ladies:
    • Time available:
    • Location (incall, outcall, or either):
    • Preferred method of contact:
    • Contact information:
    • URL links (2 max):
Just looking at the last page, the signatures include twitter account info, p411, TER-ID, Date check ID, tag lines, touring availability, a bunch of colors, emoticons.

The pages of the thread could be half the length (requiring less scrolling) if signatures weren't allowed on this thread.The intent isn't to give providers another place to put an ad, but to facilitate fucking now, with as little effort as possible.
Got it!

IB
  • ztonk
  • 08-26-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm contemplating a SNATCH change and wanted to get your opinions:

If a lady's post violates the rules stated in post 1 of the thread, you'll get a warning/infraction AND the text of your post will be removed.

Thoughts?

ztonk

If a lady's post violates the rules stated in post 1 of the thread, you'll get a warning/infraction AND the text of your post will be removed.

Thoughts?

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
I would agree if the lady does it more than once.

Thoughts?

ztonk
Originally Posted by ztonk
I use the snatch threAd and I find it to be one of the more useful threAds.
I admitted to posting in there and being ignorant about it but I have said I won't post in there and I think most know not to as for the guys.

Question, is it broken? Is it not working as intended? If ladies are posting every two hours I could see this being an issue, but I don't see that. I also don't see this threAd being heavily moderated, as resources could and should be used elsewhere, like approving reviews and answering question, maybe even kicking some butt once and a while.

Whatever gets done I hope it stays useful and on tract as it is a good thing for both the ladies and the guys. Yes a stray guy wonders in and says " WTF" then leaves, do you want to hunt him down?

Z, you know what's best so whatever you decide I'm cool......as long as you don't close it

Thoughts?

ztonk
Originally Posted by ztonk
Have you considered going in the opposite direction? Instead of more rules less? Something simple that even eccie users can understand. How about just limiting posts to three lines on topic. If you spill over to four lines you can warn and point accordingly.

In my opinion attempting to enforce a format is like hearding cats. Enforcing a length and topic is much easier. As far as the clean up and scrolling goes...people should know to use the "last" feature when reading a time sensative thread. Oh, and that there is a subscribe to thread option so people do not have to make superfluous posts in order to get e-mail updates.

And yes Z I have been drinking but, I think these recommendations are worthy of consideration. Good luck tilting at all these damn windmills!
[QUOTE=TemptationTammie;1057095 069]IB, I haven't looked in there recently to know what you posted, however there are rules in the first post that says guys are allowed to post in there.
There are those that don't pay attention to the rules of that threAD though and it would be a shame to see it closed. I have noticed ladies that will post their rates and or services in their posts, which is against the rules.
It is for those that are ready right then or within a certain time. Very similar to the request/ISO for the guys.

THE RULES:
Must use standard size font, no colors, no special characters, no smilies. Note: Boldface, italics, and underline are ok.
Single space only.
No pictures.
One post per calendar day.
You must be readily available within three hours of posting.
No discussions or commenting on other's ads.
A lady must be a Verified Provider to post ads.

The information provided may not exceed the following items and it is expected to be written in the following format:
For the ladies:
Time available:
Location (incall, outcall, or either):
Preferred method of contact:
Contact information:
URL links (2 max):
For the gentlemen:
Time available:
Preferred method of meeting (incall or outcall):
Preferred method of contact:
Contact information:
Preferred activities (acronyms only):[/QUOTE

Okay now I see no rates
I believe that if a lady can't read the rules then whatever is against the rules should be deleted.
I also agree that we should get a warning the first time and then an infraction if we continue to break those rules.
There will always be those who say "fuck the rules" because they really don't care what happens to the thread.

If you don't mind having to put in the extra time and energy to distribute and track warnings then sure give em a 2nd shot.

If you want to make them responsible for their own actions as adults then lay the hammer down.

Perhaps post in bold type on occasion a reminder to either read the thread guidelines or suffer the consequences of violating them.
I've perused Snatch but it never struck me that there's a problem needing to be fixed.