What is your definition of a CLOCK WATCHER?

@ brittanylennox and hotlips-- sorry to hear that you have been short-changed. Call me naive or the consummate gentleman, but it would never, ever cross my mind to short change a provider. I've been with providers who don't even ask for the donation until after the session. It has been my experience that with providers who "demand" the donation and then count it before beginning are the types of provider most likely to be clock watchers. Sure, I might be painting with a broad brush, but when the provider's attitude about payment over rides her attitude to provide customer service, then I know the experience is going to be bad. I think it goes to the heart of the type of provider. GFE's are focused on the client 1st. If I want "wham, bam, thank you ma'am", I'll check out CL or BP for my dates, not a quality site like this. BTW, I'm not implying anything about you or the way you conduct your services, so please don't take this as personal. And yes, I know providers are in this for the money as my ATM can attest to I've had a couple bad experiences with providers who count the money before we start and then try to upsell services full well knowing I've already given them all I brought. Again, that's why I really on quality sites like this for research on good providers.

@ Charles and Anonone-- you are going to hate me for this, but I have the reverse problem. My first shot comes almost immediately. I need a provider who does offer MSOG. I usually have 2 to 3 pops per session. Any provider out there willing to try and get me off 4 times
And I'm sure I speak for most of the ladies when I say that we are sorry for your experiences, Cpalmson. I personally ask for the money upfront. I hate doing it, but I do it to protect myself. I have been shorted as well, and I vowed to never let it happen again. Also, when the money aspect is out of the way, then I can fully enjoy myself. I don't have to think about it anymore. Now that my lack of clock -watching has allowed me to be taken advantage of time and time again, I have to figure out a good balance between giving extra time when I want to but not causing people to expect it.
I would also like to applaud those gentlemen who are respectful of the ladies on this board. It's very easy to see which of you do and do not respect women, and I swoon ever so slightly when I read certain things you've said. Guys like you are why I love this profession!

<3, China
It has been my experience that with providers who "demand" the donation and then count it before beginning are the types of provider most likely to be clock watchers. Sure, I might be painting with a broad brush but when the provider's attitude about payment over rides her attitude to provide customer service, then I know the experience is going to be bad. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
I don't demand the donation-I don't have to. That would be absurd. But most gentlemen in this hobby know it's common practice to just lay it down in sight, usually in a spread out fashion. Therefore, having to mention it, let alone count it, is not even an issue. And knowing that the donation is all there, makes for a better experience. For now I can devote my total attention to customer service, instead of having it in the back of my mind the "what if." To "me," there is nothing more classless than at the end of a session, you have to ruin the great moments you just had by reminding him it's a business and asking for the donation. If I have to mention it at the beginning, I can quickly turn your mind to other things as opposed to sending you out the door with the last thought on your mind the fact that you just opened your wallet. I would rather you just concentrate on your weak knees and the smile on your face.

With a broad brush you do indeed paint....

Meg
When I hear the term, my first impresson is someone who is too concerned about what time it is that she is not able or unable to enjoy what she is doing. This would not be fun on either individuals parts. I don't know why other providers do this, whether they are really pressed for time, or because it is just business for them and they are only giving what the gentlmen pays for.
If it is the first, they need to do better scheduling if possible. If it is the later, then they are not giving the gentlemen what they really paid for which is a hot girl having a great time with them.
I don't watch the clock myself, but I do check in with a friend at the beginning of a date, and 1hr &15 mins later, if they havent heard from me, they will send me a text. This is more for the purpose of making sure everything went well.
For the most part, that is how it is. From hello to goodbye. We are not salaried employees. We work by the hour. . . Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
Well, I am still pretty sure that is still just your opinion. A good one, but not necessarily a rule of the trade. In fact, I have had ladies that went about this several ways. I don't think it is fair to make generalizations and assumptions, just because of our own opinions and claim this is the way it has to be. Shifting from the first person singular of "I" and projecting to the plural "We" without cause is a type of false logic.

It is wishful extrapolation at best. It is funny how you went from claiming you don't like the idea of a time clock, but went right into the time clock metaphor to prove your point with the boss expecting you to stay. . .which doesn't help older gents like me because we were raised to do whatever the boss told you to do--before the age of entitlements and union mentalities. You were thankful to have the job, and you did whatever the boss wanted.

It sort of comes across as clock watching, to me, to explain things that way. This leads to another interesting sub topic: Is "clock watching" fairly new, or has it been around since the oldest profession?

With that said, I think TexasT may have posted the most profound thing I have read in a thread in a very long time:

"I'll keep this simple. Extra time for the guys should be like tips for the gals: never expected, always appreciated."
I would have been fine with a premium--perhaps even double. Triple seemed a bit out of it though. More than anything it was the attitude. Maybe I am wrong, but for me that is what this clock watching thing is about.

We all know they are keeping time in some form. . .just don't make it so obvious, or mean and nasty.

Originally Posted by ANONONE
You have it right ... many times a provider gets too greedy. If she is that busy that she has to charge for every minute of her time (since she is missing out on another full pay session) ... the more power to her. But unless I am mistaken, most providers aren't booked anywhere close to 24/7 (if you are good for you, and the best of luck) ... by that I mean all the time they want to or plan on scheduling for sessions.

A high volume / clockwatcher is kind of like an oxymoron ... would customers really take that abuse over the long-term (I would assume, only if she was stunning and a great lay). Maybe in smaller markets a provider can get away with that.

Last year I had an experience with a provider ... she would miss appoints (call at the last minute with some excuse), not anwser her phone or return messages ... I was lucky if I was able to see her a 1/3 of the time I wanted to ... I just thought wow she must be busy and very popular. I wanted to see her regularly, but I assumed she was too busy.

Guess what ... she ended up giving up her private in-call ... the last time I saw her there she was bitching about how it was to expensive and she wasn't busy enough to keep up with it (it was a nice apt. that probably ran her $1,500 a month). I had to restrain myself from calling her a ...

She didn't have a clue that she had caused her own problem through utter mismanagement of her time (I am sure I wasn't the only customer she treated like this). I am also sure another part of her problem was her mismanagement of her $$$.

I know a lot of hobbyist like variety ... but a provider should try and develop as many "regulars" as possible ... and being a clockwatcher isn't going to help you in that department.
I'll keep this simple. Extra time for the guys should be like tips for the gals: never expected, always appreciated. Originally Posted by TexasT
Well said!
Last year I had an experience with a provider ... she would miss appoints (call at the last minute with some excuse), not anwser her phone or return messages ... I was lucky if I was able to see her a 1/3 of the time I wanted to ... I just thought wow she must be busy and very popular. I wanted to see her regularly, but I assumed she was too busy.

Guess what ... she ended up giving up her private in-call ... the last time I saw her there she was bitching about how it was to expensive and she wasn't busy enough to keep up with it (it was a nice apt. that probably ran her $1,500 a month). I had to restrain myself from calling her a ...

She didn't have a clue that she had caused her own problem through utter mismanagement of her time (I am sure I wasn't the only customer she treated like this). I am also sure another part of her problem was her mismanagement of her $$$.

. Originally Posted by nebtex1
I don't want to hijack the thread, but that has substance abuse written all over it....literally too f'ed up to pick up the phone or show up for appointments...sad...if that is the case I hope she gets the help she needs.
I don't want to hijack the thread, but that has substance abuse written all over it....literally too f'ed up to pick up the phone or show up for appointments...sad...if that is the case I hope she gets the help she needs. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Thanks for the thought ... I hadn't thought of that (I have never dabbled in drugs) so it didn't cross my mind. I will have to consider that in the future. I do not really what to visit any provider with a drug problem, but I am sure that is difficult to detect.
Assume you have an hour session (assume she is giving you your full hour), so you spend 5 minutes talking and have a glass of wine....manage it...don't let it turn into half an hour....but not a big deal...manage it. Own your time. If she lingers beyond the prearranged time and says "hey how bout another drink" be direct. . . Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Good point. . .

Of course, some ladies may resent being overtly managed even more than drifting over by five or ten minutes.

Well, I am still pretty sure that is still just your opinion. A good one, but not necessarily a rule of the trade. In fact, I have had ladies that went about this several ways. I don't think it is fair to make generalizations and assumptions, just because of our own opinions and claim this is the way it has to be. Shifting from the first person singular of "I" and projecting to the plural "We" without cause is a type of false logic.
[/B] Originally Posted by ANONONE
I already said there are many variables in the gray area which would correlate with your statement that you have had ladies go about this several ways. The lady decides the variables. If the lady likes you and she is having a good time, guess what? Your mileage does vary-it increases. But I can almost guarantee you that gent A, who she does like, is allowed to stay around a bit longer. However, gent B, who she doesn't like, will not be permitted to take an extended ride on the merry-go-round. Gent A will feel so good about the connection they had. Meanwhile, gent B will report she is a clock watcher, without giving consideration to the fact that maybe he was rude, or obnoxious, or his hygiene was not up to par. On the same token, I am not saying that there are not some women out there who are clock watchers because I know that there are, just as there are some men out there who will milk the clock for every minute they can.

Clock watchers make the good guys yearn for that special experience. The milkers make the good providers be a little more selective with giving that special experience. It's a never ending cycle. I'm sure we can at least agree on that.

Good point. . .Of course, some ladies may resent being overtly managed even more than drifting over by five or ten minutes. Originally Posted by ANONONE
As previously stated, I am not referring to running a few minutes over. That is almost a given, at least with me. I'm referring to those who take advantage of a situation.

Meg

It is wishful extrapolation at best. It is funny how you went from claiming you don't like the idea of a time clock, but went right into the time clock metaphor to prove your point with the boss expecting you to stay. . .which doesn't help older gents like me because we were raised to do whatever the boss told you to do--before the age of entitlements and union mentalities. You were thankful to have the job, and you did whatever the boss wanted. Originally Posted by ANONONE

You may suggest that Hotlips has "faulty" logic. But guess what? YOU UNDERSTAND HER PERFECTLY. She is RIGHT on the button. Furthermore, not only is she providing you her unique perspective, but she is ALSO relaying what OTHER women have said on the issue. The women are united on this one.

We feel that you are entitled to the amount of time you PAID for.

As for your comment about "doing whatever the boss wanted".
WE DO NOT HAVE "DOORMAT" TATTOOED ON OUR FOREHEADS! Perhaps you did 'back in your day'. But NO ONE likes feeling that way! Don't punish the ladies because your boss treated you like crap. Fix the problem, don't proliferate it!

Treat me with respect, and I will give you 200% (making you fell like a god!). Respect, in this case, includes not "overstaying your welcome".

***As a little kid, my mother ingrained the idea in my head that "overstaying your welcome" is rude, tasteless, and completely unrefined behavior. I guess some people were raised with manners, and others weren't.
Originally Posted by ANONONE:
"Well, I am still pretty sure that is still just your opinion. A good one, but not necessarily a rule of the trade. In fact, I have had ladies that went about this several ways. I don't think it is fair to make generalizations and assumptions, just because of our own opinions and claim this is the way it has to be. Shifting from the first person singular of "I" and projecting to the plural "We" without cause is a type of false logic.

It is wishful extrapolation at best. It is funny how you went from claiming you don't like the idea of a time clock, but went right into the time clock metaphor to prove your point with the boss expecting you to stay. . .which doesn't help older gents like me because we were raised to do whatever the boss told you to do--before the age of entitlements and union mentalities. You were thankful to have the job, and you did whatever the boss wanted."

False logic? Is it false logic to use the word "we" when this topic has been discussed to infinite exhaustion in the women's forums and the vast, vast majority of us completely agree with the statement? I believe that it is false logic to assume that she has no knowledge of the overwhelming majority opinion of the women on this board. Perhaps you should consider that there are pieces to the puzzle that you cannot see; then you may prevent yourself from falling into another trap of cognitive error.
Also, you say that you were raised to do whatever the boss told you to do. Fabulous!! Then you will have no problem understanding that I am my own boss and I feel the need to follow my own policies.

Having expressed my opinion on that matter, I do want to reiterate the point that it really is true that certain men ruin it for everyone. Actually, that's not fair of me to say...certain people ruin it for everyone. I add this because it does seem that some of you kind gentleman have had bad experiences with providers. I have been reviewed as a "non clock-watcher" many a time, but I am still forced to protect myself from the people who cling onto me for dear life when it is time to go.

Clock watchers make the good guys yearn for that special experience. The milkers make the good providers be a little more selective with giving that special experience. It's a never ending cycle. I'm sure we can at least agree on that.

Meg Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
That is an excellent point. Very well stated!!!

WE DO NOT HAVE "DOORMAT" TATTOOED ON OUR FOREHEADS! Originally Posted by brittanylennox
Brittany,

You are reading a whole bunch of of misogyny into my post that simply is not there. You might want to go back and reread it before you put words in my mouth.
No anonone,

It is not standard practice. Your supposition is incorrect. It is not clock watching to expect to be recompensed for "time served".

Look at every ladies' site. $$ are based on 60 minute increments more commonly referred to as The Hour. Time is considered from Hello to Goodbye.