Which QB should the Texans Draft with the 1st Pick

Texans don't need a QB. Keenum is at worst average, and has more upside than Matt Schaub ever had. Don't judge Keenum on last season. He should lead the team next year.
yeah, I too am in the Bortles camp with Big Louie. I get the impression that many of my Texas fellow whoremongers simply crave 'JFF' mainly due to the Lonestar State connection in lieu of thinking with the bigger head and going for the best QB available come draft day! Just because the kid is coming out of A & M is not enough reason to roll the dice IMHO!
I just like how Johnny Football competes, how hard he plays and little dudes will to win...

Yeah, he could be another Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch and I do agree he's closer to Vick than, Russell...last name...Wilson, but I think the kids a straight up baller. That shit is infectious in a locker room.

If they do draft a QB I'd rather it be him and I don't proclaim TO KNOW what the Texans are going to do with the pick like a lot of you Tards

Personally, I'd like to see them take a chance on Clowney rather than any of the QB's in this draft...there are no Andrew Luck's in the this draft, not even close
1st round drafted qbs have a tendency to be a bust. But 1st overall usually do well. Cam newton, Andrew luck for an example. Originally Posted by Chaparro
Well maybe as long as they didn't win the Heisman. Very, very few Heisman QB winners have had successful NFL careers.

I thought the sarcasm was self evident........I need to work on that. Originally Posted by dearhunter
You have to use the sarcasm font.
I understand your honest answer Satin, when you are buried in snatch on Saturdays you can't watch college football enough. I know you only come up for air on Sundays or whenever NFL is on. I respect that. LOL.

Clowney or a stud corner would be great also. We need another O lineman for sure but I hate using a first round pick on one and hope Queesenbury or the chump from North Carolina we drafted in the 3rd round last year work out well. Not sexy to pick an O lineman 1st.

Justanotherdude makes some good points as well.

We need a lot for sure. I hope We plug some of these holes thru free agency but I think we are fucked there with cap problems. Bottom line Kubes and Long Dong have fucked up the Texans good all while McNuttless stood by with his thumb up his ass.
  • Satin
  • 01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Daddio, man to be honest you pretty much nailed it. During the season I blow off any and ALL pussy on Sundays to watch football. There is no way I can do that on Saturdays too, which is a big reason why I don't watch college football.

I'm watching the NFL today and it's quite a challenge. Pussy is calling constantly.

You boys make some good points. I like what JAD and BL had to say. Makes sense to me. My point is you just don't know what Smith is going to do. He will probably surprise us all. I'm still pissed they hired a college coach, so I'm very apathetic about it.

Gnadfly, lmao man. I love that chant during the games. The other part to that is pretty much every stadium does that.....at least every one I've ever been to....

"And with the first pick of the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select........
(Who fucking cares?!). Lmmfao
I am watching the game and I don't see Brees and Wilson doing any that Johhny can't do
I thought the sarcasm was self evident........I need to work on that. Originally Posted by dearhunter
You don't need to work on it. Just consider the source!
It's going to be Bortles with the first pick. Everyone should start getting use to the idea. No way they trade down. If you don't think there is anyone worthy of a #1 pick what makes you think another team will want to trade up to get someone not worthy? And just because they did questionable stuff under previous GMs is no reason to assume they will do it again. No way it is an OT. BOB is not about to go into his first year with some retread or lower round QB with issues, it's going to be a QB. Bortles fits the profile of the type of QB that BOB likes so what's so hard to understand. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Oh, I see you've reconsidered and now on the Bortles bandwagon. I'm not sold that they won't trade the first pick if the deal is right for them. If it's a QB, prolly Bortles. BOB will not pick JFF. He has no interest in playing JFF style.
I not on his bandwagon. I just acknowledge what type of QB that BOB likes and Bortles is the only one who makes sense.
No way they trade down. If you don't think there is anyone worthy of a #1 pick what makes you think another team will want to trade up to get someone not worthy? Originally Posted by BigLouie
Please tell me that you do not actually believe that you have first hand knowledge relating to the 2014 draft strategy of all 32 NFL teams.

If so, someone needs to sell BL some ocean front property in Tuscon.
Please tell me that you do not actually believe that you have first hand knowledge relating to the 2014 draft strategy of all 32 NFL teams.

If so, someone needs to sell BL some ocean front property in Tuscon. Originally Posted by bigtex
Yep.
I am watching the game and I don't see Brees and Wilson doing any that Johhny can't do Originally Posted by BigLouie
Only Bree's and Wilson are playing in the NFL with the big boys. JFF, on Saturdays, big difference.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Johnny Manziel.

Lock thread.
Please tell me that you do not actually believe that you have first hand knowledge relating to the 2014 draft strategy of all 32 NFL teams Originally Posted by bigtex
OK quote me any news source that indicates any team is thinking of trading up.