Mass shooting at Zombi-Con, Fort Myers, FL

i'm from Kentucky. a proud grad of UofL Speed Scientific School of Engineering

we have this thing called the Knob Creek Machine gun shoot. i was an ardent attendee until i moved to Texas. people come from across the country to attend.

during one shoot, i asked a buddy of mine who was a Vietnam vet "so is this what's it's like to be in a firefight?" .. he replied .. "yeah, except the VC shot back"

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Knob Creek, I would call it an amusement park for the gun savvy, lol.

Jim
Knob Creek, I would call it an amusement park for the gun savvy, lol.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
i'd call it a bastion of freedom. lock and load
i'd call it a bastion of freedom. lock and load Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
And some damn good Bourbon comes outta there !
i'm from Kentucky. a proud grad of UofL Speed Scientific School of Engineering

we have this thing called the Knob Creek Machine gun shoot. i was an ardent attendee until i moved to Texas. people come from across the country to attend.

during one shoot, i asked a buddy of mine who was a Vietnam vet "so is this what's it's like to be in a firefight?" .. he replied .. "yeah, except the VC shot back"

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The_Waco_Kid... you had me at 'Green Panel' talk about your Multiple Orgasms,
I LOVE the Gun Range it is truly one of the only places where separation of Race-Sex-Economics do not exist.

Looking forward to OUR time together,
Ninotsugi
GulfCoastCourtesan@att.net
It is necessary to point out that only two people are attacking my assertion that this was a gun free event. You and your little dog the Nazi. I don't need or ask for any support from the others on this site. I'm not you. I don't know what you would take as proof as libs are famous for not excepting anything as proof if they don't like it. I made calls, I cited what the Sheriff said (why would he even bring up gun free zones I ask you) and common sense dictates that any public venue outside of a gun show is very likely a gun free zone. None of that is good enough for a lib. Why are you trying so hard to avoid speaking to the topic which is gun free zones fail again. What do you need? A scan of the flyer for the convention? I didn't attend so I don't have one. While you're at it, give that whiny, yapping little dog of yours a good kick (I'm talking about NBK of course or do I have to diagram that sentence for you) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I am looking for ANYTHING to indicate that the shooting occurred in a gun free zone. ANYTHING. Here is the best article I could find about the security in affect at zombicon. Absolutely no mention by the sheriff or anyone else about the area being a gun free zone. The sheriff NEVER stated the area was a gun free zone.

http://www.officer.com/news/12130486...icon-shootings

And you are TOTALLY wrong about a venue outside a gun free zone being in itself a gun free zone. My office building is a gun free zone. The parking lot and streets on the site are NOT gun free zones. Anyone can bring a gun onto the grounds but cannot enter the building with it. I have no problem at all with that. Gun shows are often held at the Cedar Park Convention center. Parking lot is NOT a gun free zone.
Gun shows are a funny thing. The convention center here allows gun shows but insists that all guns brought in from the outside are rendered inoperable (usually by a zip tie through the breech) while the thousands of other guns inside are fully operable.

As for Fort Myers, I called the event, talked to someone named Teddy and they told me of the no weapons rule in effect. I do not have a program, flyer, or invitation. I only have the word of Teddy and I'm pretty sure that he was part of Zombie Con and not the Art Center. So I guess I can't "prove" it to the satisfaction of you or your little idiot partner (not that anything would ever satisfy him) but like I said, common sense strongly suggests that gun control was in effect from the words of the Sheriff. Why would he bring up the topic otherwise?
Gun shows are a funny thing. The convention center here allows gun shows but insists that all guns brought in from the outside are rendered inoperable (usually by a zip tie through the breech) while the thousands of other guns inside are fully operable.

As for Fort Myers, I called the event, talked to someone named Teddy and they told me of the no weapons rule in effect. I do not have a program, flyer, or invitation. I only have the word of Teddy and I'm pretty sure that he was part of Zombie Con and not the Art Center. So I guess I can't "prove" it to the satisfaction of you or your little idiot partner (not that anything would ever satisfy him) but like I said, common sense strongly suggests that gun control was in effect from the words of the Sheriff. Why would he bring up the topic otherwise? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I just gave a link to an article in which the sheriff made several comments about security at zombicon. None of which mentioned the location being a gun free zone. Had it been, I would fully have expected him to have mentioned it. Or someone else like John Lott, who seizes upon such incidents to bolster his viewpoints. I finally found the text in which the sheriff mentioned a gun free zone. He was being asked if a gun free zone would have stopped such a shooting and he said no, stating that a gun free zone is not a gun free zone for the insane and criminals. At no time does he state that the shooting occurred in a gun free zone.

So no, you have offered absolutely no proof to back up your opinion whereas I have done quite a bit to back up my claim that there was no gun free zone. Did organizers want guns at zombicon? No, in my opinion. However, absolutely nothing was done by the organizers to keep people from bringing guns to the event. "Teddy" can say whatever he wants. Unless people know that the area is a gun free zone in some way, it is not a gun free zone.
I just gave a link to an article in which the sheriff made several comments about security at zombicon. None of which mentioned the location being a gun free zone. Had it been, I would fully have expected him to have mentioned it. Or someone else like John Lott, who seizes upon such incidents to bolster his viewpoints. I finally found the text in which the sheriff mentioned a gun free zone. He was being asked if a gun free zone would have stopped such a shooting and he said no, stating that a gun free zone is not a gun free zone for the insane and criminals. At no time does he state that the shooting occurred in a gun free zone.

So no, you have offered absolutely no proof to back up your opinion whereas I have done quite a bit to back up my claim that there was no gun free zone. Did organizers want guns at zombicon? No, in my opinion. However, absolutely nothing was done by the organizers to keep people from bringing guns to the event. "Teddy" can say whatever he wants. Unless people know that the area is a gun free zone in some way, it is not a gun free zone. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Well, it is not my opinion. It is information that I got from a representative of the organization who put on the convention. Not being a reporter, I didn't record my conversation for your benefit. However, it is NOT my opinion. It is what I found out.