The Four Horsemen

Here is a link to the website that for whatever reason IB refuses to give to you. As stated in the article:

"This is not calculating poverty by the usual US method. This is using an internationally comparable method and it is the portion of the population living on less than 50% of median income for that country. This chart shows it both for market incomes and also for post taxes and post transfers incomes."

The article goes on to state:

"Clearly, from the figures above, there is much more relative poverty in the US, poverty as it is actually lived, than there is in Sweden. For Sweden does much more to reduce poverty."

The chart presented by IB is another way to look at the subject. Up to you as to how valid you think it is.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/09/10/america-has-less-poverty-than-sweden/#284967ae27a1 Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yes, and here is another list of countries by poverty rate and you can decide for your self folks:

https://data.oecd.org/inequality/pov...ndicator-chart
It describes why our system of capitalism is not working and will eventually collapse. Did you know banks create money out of thin air? The Fiat money system is mostly a debt system and actually worth nothing at all. Eventually, it will crash. It's much better to have gold on hand! I watched the entire documentary last night and learned a lot.

See articles below about how banks create money out of think air. The problem is the media does not want the public to know about it.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/06/pr...t-of-thin-air/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...y-out-thin-air

This is a point to ponder. I remember when I watched the version of Startrek with Captain Pacard they didn't use money. Had no need for it. Everyone was given what they needed according to their need. They chose the career of their choice and went to that form of schooling or college for free. Wouldn't it be wonderful if our society was like that? What if we did away with money and society was given what they needed according to their need? Originally Posted by SassySue
Realize one thing Star Trek is fictional and all the characters are as well. A Society where everything is free can only work if everyone is on the same page. America has over 300 million people of different races, religions, educational backgrounds ect. To top it off there is a lot of assholes in this country as well. No system of Government is perfect anyway, especially in a country like this one. Just be thankful for what you do have. That's the problem with most Americans they think they deserve more and they think everything needs to be fixed. Face the fact that this Country is on a downward path to destruction because we've turned it over to men who are destructive.

Jim
Here is a link to the website that for whatever reason IB refuses to give to you. As stated in the article:

"This is not calculating poverty by the usual US method. This is using an internationally comparable method and it is the portion of the population living on less than 50% of median income for that country. This chart shows it both for market incomes and also for post taxes and post transfers incomes."

The article goes on to state:

"Clearly, from the figures above, there is much more relative poverty in the US, poverty as it is actually lived, than there is in Sweden. For Sweden does much more to reduce poverty."

The chart presented by IB is another way to look at the subject. Up to you as to how valid you think it is.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/09/10/america-has-less-poverty-than-sweden/#284967ae27a1
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Leave it to a jackass like speedy to also ignore the article's concluding remarks:

that the poor in the US and the poor in Sweden have about the same lifestyles and levels of consumption.
Furthermore, speedy, the CIA World Factbook also reports that the poverty rate in both countries is marginally the same, and nothing like the extreme this ignorant little girl would have your stupid ass believe... and, btw, the citation for the OECD graph was given in the post, you supercilious jackass, but you'd do well to read the whole article including its conclusion, speedy.

Yes, and here is another list of countries by poverty rate and you can decide for your self folks:

https://data.oecd.org/inequality/pov...ndicator-chart Originally Posted by SassySue
As previously pointed out in the Forbes article, OECD calculations (the one given in the graph) do not include in-kind programs, little girl. Maybe if you and speedy learned how to read you'd both understand.

[A]lmost all countries alleviate poverty by giving money to the poor. The US does not: it alleviates poverty by giving poor people things.
It describes why our system of capitalism is not working and will eventually collapse. Did you know banks create money out of thin air? The Fiat money system is mostly a debt system and actually worth nothing at all. Eventually, it will crash. It's much better to have gold on hand! I watched the entire documentary last night and learned a lot.

See articles below about how banks create money out of think air. The problem is the media does not want the public to know about it.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/06/pr...t-of-thin-air/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...y-out-thin-air Originally Posted by SassySue

You don't understand how capitalism works. Nobody ever said it was stable and boring. Nor should we want it to be stable and boring. Capitalism is dynamic and has ALWAYS been characterized by booms and busts - economists refer to this as the "BUSINESS CYCLE". Yes, the busts are often painful - but in many ways they are inevitable adjustments to the excesses of the booms. What you need to realize is each boom propels the economy to new heights far exceeding what any non-capitalist approach could possibly achieve in terms of GDP, per capita income, wealth creation, etc. We're much better off trying to alleviate the occasional (and inevitable) recession to nudge capitalism back onto its long-term growth path than we would be if we react by saying - "this proves capitalism doesn't work" and killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

There will always be a business cycle. Yes, we should try to tame it on the downside, but we can never expect it to disappear. In the past we always understood this. It's only our generation - the spoiled baby boomers - who seem to view an endlessly booming economy as some kind of birthright. And when there is a setback, these spoiled, lib-retarded baby boomers will bitch and moan. They will say "never let a good crisis go to waste" and use the recession as an excuse to push through their reckless, over-reaching libtard agenda robbing us of the growth and jobs that would otherwise be created in the next boom.

Hey SassySue, why is there no mention of John Maynard Keynes in your Four Horseman video? Keynes was by far the most influential economist in the past century - and he's not even mentioned? Explain that... Oh wait, is it because he famously referred to gold as a "barbarous relic"? And your video producer wants to bring gold back in lieu of all "fiat money"?

Your video contains so much nonsense, garbage and outright falsehoods that it would take me weeks to correct all of it.

Yes, banks do have the ability to "create money" (i.e. make loans that add to the volume of money outstanding in the economy). Anyone who has ever taken a course in Money and Banking 101 understands this. It's not a secret at all and there is nothing nefarious about it. The author of the zero hedge link has the accounting all confused. In a nutshell, banks have to fund every loan they make and square their books at the end of every day. But to people like you and COG - who never understood accounting, banking or economics - it must all look like a big conspiracy.
You don't understand how capitalism works. Nobody ever said it was stable and boring. Nor should we want it to be stable and boring. Capitalism is dynamic and has ALWAYS been characterized by booms and busts - economists refer to this as the "BUSINESS CYCLE". Yes, the busts are often painful - but in many ways they are inevitable adjustments to the excesses of the booms. What you need to realize is each boom propels the economy to new heights far exceeding what any non-capitalist approach could possibly achieve in terms of GDP, per capita income, wealth creation, etc. We're much better off trying to alleviate the occasional (and inevitable) recession to nudge capitalism back onto its long-term growth path than we would be if we react by saying - "this proves capitalism doesn't work" and killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

There will always be a business cycle. Yes, we should try to tame it on the downside, but we can never expect it to disappear. In the past we always understood this. It's only our generation - the spoiled baby boomers - who seem to view an endlessly booming economy as some kind of birthright. And when there is a setback, these spoiled, lib-retarded baby boomers will bitch and moan. They will say "never let a good crisis go to waste" and use the recession as an excuse to push through their reckless, over-reaching libtard agenda robbing us of the growth and jobs that would otherwise be created in the next boom.

Hey SassySue, why is there no mention of John Maynard Keynes in your Four Horseman video? Keynes was by far the most influential economist in the past century - and he's not even mentioned? Explain that... Oh wait, is it because he famously referred to gold as a "barbarous relic"? And your video producer wants to bring gold back in lieu of all "fiat money"?

Your video contains so much nonsense, garbage and outright falsehoods that it would take me weeks to correct all of it.

Yes, banks do have the ability to "create money" (i.e. make loans that add to the volume of money outstanding in the economy). Anyone who has ever taken a course in Money and Banking 101 understands this. It's not a secret at all and there is nothing nefarious about it. The author of the zero hedge link has the accounting all confused. In a nutshell, banks have to fund every loan they make and square their books at the end of every day. But to people like you and COG - who never understood accounting, banking or economics - it must all look like a big conspiracy. Originally Posted by lustylad
Read this article and see why our system of capitalism only works for those at the top:

http://www.newsweek.com/real-reason-...nd-poor-377662
Read this article and see why our system of capitalism only works for those at the top:

http://www.newsweek.com/real-reason-...nd-poor-377662 Originally Posted by SassySue
Why should I read ANOTHER link when you haven't even responded to my comments on the first one?
Why should I read ANOTHER link when you haven't even responded to my comments on the first one? Originally Posted by lustylad
Because you never provided a link of with an article of any relevance. You posted a few dumb remarks, with a vintage photo of football players, which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic on hand.
Because you never provided a link of with an article of any relevance. You posted a few dumb remarks, with a vintage photo of football players, which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic on hand. Originally Posted by SassySue
Are you blind? Go back and re-read post #49. It's a direct and very relevant reply to you and the topic at hand. And if you find any of it dumb, try explaining what you find dumb about it. Then maybe I will stop dumbing everything down for you.
What's going on now.

I don't need a video for that. We now have more people taking than giving. More people leeching off the Government than people paying into the Government.

We have a new class of "citizen". Those that vote for a living.

Smarmy little Demagogues like President Obama feed these ignorant masses the pablum of "free stuff", while telling them that they are first and foremost victims, and need taking care of and told what to do, in exchange for one simple thing, their vote.

The handle has been pushed. The water has swirled.That big turd that used to be the greatest Country on the planet is now heading down the sewage pipe, on it's way to the septic tank of failed Republics.
I read the post No. 49. I am just not in agreement with it. Of course, LustyLad is furious because I don't agree with him. The fiat system is failing and it has been for a long time. Our current system of finance is based on debt. Even Greenspan admits this, as I pointed out in a previous link. The banks and financial institutions are very, very concerned and for good reason. As I said before, you each have a right to your own opinions, but so do I. So don't keep bashing me for it. From a link previously provided:

In other words, if even Greenspan says Europe is falling apart and the euro “is failing,” it must be bad. He’s a centrist saying the center is not holding. It’s not the nature of a central banker — even a former one — to be alarmist by saying an entire economic zone run by his comrades, which he has applauded, is now collapsing into chaos.
What's going on now.

I don't need a video for that. We now have more people taking than giving. More people leeching off the Government than people paying into the Government.

We have a new class of "citizen". Those that vote for a living.

Smarmy little Demagogues like President Obama feed these ignorant masses the pablum of "free stuff", while telling them that they are first and foremost victims, and need taking care of and told what to do, in exchange for one simple thing, their vote.

The handle has been pushed. The water has swirled.That big turd that used to be the greatest Country on the planet is now heading down the sewage pipe, on it's way to the septic tank of failed Republics. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Blind White Knights think 0zombies, SHIT GOLDEN TURDS...

Blind White Knights think 0zombies, SHIT GOLDEN TURDS...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Have a personality disorder? Try psychotherapy, instead of cyber bullying.
Please explain the lies in the Four Horsemen video, LustyLardo. And explain the difference between "capitalism" and "crony capitalism" and explain which system dominates the American economy. Since we don't know anything, it would be very helpful for you to explain these things. Thank you.
Please explain the lies in the Four Horsemen video, LustyLardo. And explain the difference between "capitalism" and "crony capitalism" and explain which system dominates the American economy. Since we don't know anything, it would be very helpful for you to explain these things. Thank you. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
The best definition of "crony capitalism" I can come up with is what The Clintons have been engaged in for the past 2 decades.

They produce absolutly nothing, and get paid millions for it.
The best definition of "crony capitalism" I can come up with is what The Clintons have been engaged in for the past 2 decades.

They produce absolutly nothing, and get paid millions for it. Originally Posted by Jackie S
they also learned how to bypass the middleman and became their own crony