Legalization as a solution to the problem of prostitution?

I will do all of you...that'll be $400 bucks!
I have to say that making this legal proobably wouldn't sway a lot of women to join this industry. Most women who choose not to participate in it are for moral or personal reasons - not the jurisdiction of the law. Originally Posted by Shayla
Shayla, you're correct. No place where prostitution has been legalized or decriminalized has ever shown a noticeable increase in numbers of working girls, and why should it? Women who want to do this work do it and don't let stupid, arbitrary laws made by men stop them.
Shayla your what this country needs
Shayla is what I need. lol
Don't forget about Measure Q and Prop K...

In 2004, Measure Q secured 36% of the vote.

In 2008, Prop K secured 41%.

That shows progress!

So many people think decriminalization will never happen and therefore never get involved in the movement. Please, if you support the cause, get involved! There is power in numbers and you'll meet amazing people!

When I go to my state's capitol to lobby for decrim (and other things), I am never shot down or ridiculed. When I provide the assembly people with reading material and stats, they actually at least accept the paperwork. Even if they're not interested, it's hard to not read what is given to them, even if they scoff at it and burn it later.

Anyhow, I fully support decriminalization and will never stop fighting for it and planting seeds.

Hugs to all.
Well, here in Canada prostitution IS LEGAL. However, everything around it is illegal. For example, it is illigal so solicit sex, have a common bawty house etc. I think we'd be looking at the same circumstances if a law were to pass in the U.S. making it legal.
That being said, no one get's in troube here but it's huge cash grab when you're caught working without a license. The City will become your biggest pimp.
Don't forget about Measure Q and Prop K...

In 2004, Measure Q secured 36% of the vote.

In 2008, Prop K secured 41%.

That shows progress!

So many people think decriminalization will never happen and therefore never get involved in the movement. Please, if you support the cause, get involved! There is power in numbers and you'll meet amazing people!

When I go to my state's capitol to lobby for decrim (and other things), I am never shot down or ridiculed. When I provide the assembly people with reading material and stats, they actually at least accept the paperwork. Even if they're not interested, it's hard to not read what is given to them, even if they scoff at it and burn it later.

Anyhow, I fully support decriminalization and will never stop fighting for it and planting seeds.

Hugs to all. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
You have my vote for whatever you want to run for