A hypothetical: What would you do?

• dgc92
  • 12-14-2018, 03:06 PM
If you aren't meeting her till after they are obviously "in love" why mess up their happiness? Originally Posted by Kendall4U
I realize I get long-winded about anything I have a strong opinion on, so let me go back and trim the relevant part out of one of my posts for you.

Even assuming she is legit, which is possible, I freely admit my experience isn't everyone's, but assuming she's not just digging for gold, what if she gets outed some other way years down the road, and then my friend flips his shit, the marriage turns bad, and they get divorced? Divorce is not a minor event, it's a catastrophe. Ask anyone who's been there. Originally Posted by dgc92
And to the completely insane viewpoint of "you're just hurting him and he'll hate you for it," Oracle summed it up.

He's not going to act like a bitch and say, "Why are you trying to hurt me bro? How could you?" and shed a tear. LMAO. Originally Posted by TheOracle
61% of the people answering the poll think you should keep your damn mouth shut. That’s interesting. Only 2 guys here very vocal about their opinion to tell it.

Interesting discussion OP, thanks !
The poll results don't surprise me at all considering it's open to everybody. The guys will be mixed, and we all know that every provider will vote for the "don't tell him" option.

I would be more interested in seeing the result if it were men only, and even more interested in a poll asking the guys what they would want if they were in the future groom's position. Would they want their best friend to tell them, or keep it to himself and hang around acting like nothing happened?
People always kill the messenger. If it was a situation where she's lying and cheating, then it's a different story - provider or civie.

Chances are he met her the same way and they've moved on from that. Not your business.