MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN: What is wrong with wanting that?

And they were doing that before Barrack Obama was President.

So AGAIN, if this country is as racist as Joe Biden and Democrats have you believe, why indeed would any person of color come here?

Answer...... because it isn't true which you just admitted even if you don't realize it. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Racism still exists. It's just not as bad as it once was. You don't have people in the deep south getting lynched on a weekly basis just because they look different. On the other hand you do have out of control police officers killing or harming black people. I'll give you some examples.

1. The Rodney King incident.
2. In New York city the police used an illegal choke hold that is not taught at the police academy and killed a guy with it.
3. The Briana Taylor case where a female police officer broke the law to get a no knock warrant. She lost her job, now she is getting indicted.
4. The George Floyd case where a policeman put his knee on his neck for 9 minutes even though they had Floyd under control. He got convicted and he is doing time. In that case I don't blame the two rookie officers one white, one black not knowing what to do. They had not been on the street on patrol for a full week. Their bonehead sargent decides to keep his knee on Floyd's neck for 9 minutes (talking about you are breathing just fine).
5. I think you are jealous of the Obama's because Obama beat the republicans twice by a total of 15 million votes.

Despite the above. You have in the NFL where black quarterback Deshaun Watson may have sexually assaulted 25 LMT's. The Cleveland Browns franchise still gave him a fully guaranteed contract for $230 million dollars. It's safe to say Cleveland wants to win. Sixty or seventy years ago the NFL did not let black players play quarterback. If that was the position they played in college they would just be moved to another position.
Have you seen the posts of one in here who purports to have an economic degree?a

He needs to get his money back...hopefully Biden forgave the cost of that useless Trump U degree Originally Posted by WTF
Trump U, is that the school where none of the instructors for real estate sales had a license to sell real estate?

Trump is lucky he did end up in jail for that scam school.
Not too long ago, we were energy indipendent in all production modalities. My wife had developed a habit of collecting large cuts of meat in the freeaer (always on sale). I could anticipate buying a new casr in the near future. Our borders were managed in a controlled manner. We were not in direct or proxy conflict anywhere and our international adversaries were on their heels so to speak.

It goes on and on.

I am sure that most here can think of "good things" from a few years ago that they notice are gone.

Why cannot we aspire to regain that which has been lost?
Not too long ago, we were energy indipendent in all production modalities. My wife had developed a habit of collecting large cuts of meat in the freeaer (always on sale). I could anticipate buying a new casr in the near future. Our borders were managed in a controlled manner. We were not in direct or proxy conflict anywhere and our international adversaries were on their heels so to speak.

It goes on and on.

I am sure that most here can think of "good things" from a few years ago that they notice are gone.

Why cannot we aspire to regain that which has been lost? Originally Posted by ICU 812
It’s only been lost if you believe the bullshit you’re peddling I suppose. Nearly all on your list has been shown in thread after thread to be wrong. Yet you keep pushing the same narratives over and over. Just because you can’t accept or don’t believe , due to ignorance, lack of education, inability to accept truth inconsistent with your beliefs or whatever, that the US hasn’t turned upside down in 3 years doesn’t make it so. Have back whatever America you want, go vote, stop the crying whining and lying, campaign for your cause but if you lose, accept the results and try again in 2 years.

See that’s how America has worked for 2 and a half centuries.
the us has been turning upside down for longer than 3 years

trump was righting it a bit in between riots, and insurrections against him and lies and fake impeachments and the doj attempting coups

and the courthouse in portland wudda been a gonner without trump protecting it as the mayor had no guts and wouoldnt let the cops act and finally the dimocrat arsonists even burned the mayor's home

the mayor was just another in a long string of dimocrat useful idiots
More false narratives never. Gotcha. I see you dude.
  • WTF
  • 09-07-2022, 09:43 AM

It goes on and on.

Why cannot we aspire to regain that which has been lost? Originally Posted by ICU 812
Yea that Lockdown 1.40$ gas is gone!

Oh and we are energy independent!

We've discussed this in detail.
Trump U, is that the school where none of the instructors for real estate sales had a license to sell real estate?

Trump is lucky he did end up in jail for that scam school. Originally Posted by adav8s28
... Now you're being silly. ...
And more of yer "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is showing.

"Trump University" was NOT a school or college.
It was books and tapes and coaching to teach people
to understand the business of Real Estate.

A fellow named Carlton Sheets had something similar.

#### Salty
[QUOTE=adav8s28;1062956892]
Racism still exists.

Yes it does, in every country in the world including majority Black countries who still have slavery to this day. The question is, is there systemic racism which means that no Black people beat the "system" which we know isn't true.

It's just not as bad as it once was.

Yeah, I'd say a time of slavery to a time of a Black man being President is "not as bad as it once was".

You don't have people in the deep south getting lynched on a weekly basis just because they look different. On the other hand you do have out of control police officers killing or harming black people. I'll give you some examples.

1. The Rodney King incident.
2. In New York city the police used an illegal choke hold that is not taught at the police academy and killed a guy with it.
3. The Briana Taylor case where a female police officer broke the law to get a no knock warrant. She lost her job, now she is getting indicted.
4. The George Floyd case where a policeman put his knee on his neck for 9 minutes even though they had Floyd under control. He got convicted and he is doing time. In that case I don't blame the two rookie officers one white, one black not knowing what to do. They had not been on the street on patrol for a full week. Their bonehead sargent decides to keep his knee on Floyd's neck for 9 minutes (talking about you are breathing just fine).
Out of how many police arrests yearly?

Nationwide, law enforcement made an estimated
10,085,207 arrests in 2019
. Of these arrests, 495,871 were for violent crimes, and 1,074,367 were for property crimes.

Over 10 million arrests and a few went very bad and what exactly are the statistics on which race commits the most violent crimes by percentage of population with Blacks males being about 6% of the population?

George Floyd was a drug addict, arrested for committing a crime and acted a fool and would not follow the lawful orders of police. Did he deserve to die? No, he did not but his fate was in his hands. Don't be a cracked out fool and you'll live through 99.99% of arrests. Ever watch Cops and see how many dumb ass White people act the fool and have to be man handled by police.
And the guy in New York, what is a cop supposed to do if a 6'4", 300 lb. man says, "you are not putting me in hand cuffs"? How else to take him to the ground other than force?

You fuck with police and they are going to fuck with you. It's a shame Floyd didn't learn that lesson and it's a shame that citizens and politicians don't understand this very simple dynamic.
Well? Originally Posted by ICU 812
The problem anyone with any intelligence at all has with Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan is that it is totally bogus. To be "great again" you have to be less great and when Trump was running for office and when he took office the US had just had one of the greatest runs in US history. During Obama's 8 years the stock market had gone up 168%, unemployment was so low it was at theorical full employment. US manufacturing output in dollars was close to all time highs. The US was the strongest economy and business climate in the world. I have three friends whose business did so well when Obama was in office they were able to sell their business and retire. The deficit, the difference between what the US pays out and what it takes in was cut in half and was falling. It was on the way to zero and an actual reduction in the national debt. So just how do you call to make the US great again when it was the greatest in the world in almost every measurement.

Trump was like the Robert Preston character in the movie The Music Man. A grifter who wanted to flim-flam the city into buying band uniforms he would never deliver. In the big number he sang a song called "You Got Trouble" telling the people of the city they had big trouble because a pool table was being brought in. Trump was the same with his slogan. He was making up lies about the US not being great when anyone could see the US was dominating the world.