Steelers 2024 thread

Deshon Elliott! Nice!

Steelers need to draft a Center in the 1st or 2nd round. Hopefully there's somebody coming up who can live up to Steelers' Center historical standards
Steelers trade Kenny!!!!

https://x.com/kdpomp/status/17687135...0AMolspcYxY9QA

Trade for Fields now.
Adiós Kenny! You're Philadelphia's problem now

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...12389837349363
I'm thinking that this may be Tomlin's last season. He hasn't got an extension yet and they have no QB signed after this year.

He has totally screwed up the QB transition. He said there would be a QB competition which there wasn't. Trubisky was set as No1, Pickett 2, and Rudolph 3. He told Trubisky that he would start at least until the bye week, then pulled him in at half time week 4. He then inserted Pickett who had no time with the starters. After the season he said Pickett would be # 1, then they sign Wilson and say it will be a competition and now reportedly told Pickett that Wilson would get the starters reps. That's when Pickett asked for a trade.

Could Josh Dobbs be on his way back?
I'm thinking that this may be Tomlin's last season. He hasn't got an extension yet and they have no QB signed after this year.

He has totally screwed up the QB transition. He said there would be a QB competition which there wasn't. Trubisky was set as No1, Pickett 2, and Rudolph 3. He told Trubisky that he would start at least until the bye week, then pulled him in at half time week 4. He then inserted Pickett who had no time with the starters. After the season he said Pickett would be # 1, then they sign Wilson and say it will be a competition and now reportedly told Pickett that Wilson would get the starters reps. That's when Pickett asked for a trade.

Could Josh Dobbs be on his way back? Originally Posted by Iceman
Absolutely, Tomlin totally fucked up the post Ben QB situation. I think Art had enough and Omar and Weidle are now in charge of strategy with personnel. What took Art so long?
I’m not crazy about trading Kenny other than the word is he wanted out because he was told Russ is the starter. If that’s the case, then he’s a pussy. I really thought he had a slight chance under a new OC. Now he has zero chance behind Hurts.
Now we have a problem unless Fields is ready to come here. I don’t want them to draft Penix or Bo Nix.
Man, is there any gas left in the Russ tank?
I’m not crazy about trading Kenny other than the word is he wanted out because he was told Russ is the starter. If that’s the case, then he’s a pussy. I really thought he had a slight chance under a new OC. Now he has zero chance behind Hurts.
Now we have a problem unless Fields is ready to come here. I don’t want them to draft Penix or Bo Nix.
Man, is there any gas left in the Russ tank? Originally Posted by Charley3
Fields would carry a major cap hit, I doubt that is going to happen......

This trade shows everyone loud and clear how badly the steelers fucked up by taking Kenny in the first round..... we got a third but gave up a 4th rounder and got just 2 compensatory 7th rd picks for a first round qb......

Kenny kind of got fucked but he is a whiner.... the one who really got hosed was mason... twice
Fields would carry a major cap hit, I doubt that is going to happen......

This trade shows everyone loud and clear how badly the steelers fucked up by taking Kenny in the first round..... we got a third but gave up a 4th rounder and got just 2 compensatory 7th rd picks for a first round qb......

Kenny kind of got fucked but he is a whiner.... the one who really got hosed was mason... twice Originally Posted by chizzy
Fields 5th year option is 21 million, which is due in May. Wilson is only making 1.2. Combined that’s half of what Cousins signed for. If the Steelers do sign him, I would think they expect to pick that option up. He’s younger than Pickett. It would give them a year to coach him up with real NFL coaches. Again. This is fairly low risk, high reward situation to bring him in.

I would be surprised if it doesn’t happen. Wilson is for now. Steelers need a long term solution.

https://atozsports.com/chicago/bears...%20cap%20space.

BTW, Jalen Hurts is two months younger than Pickett. Where’s Kenny going? Rudolph has a better chance of playing in Tennessee.
Looks like the Eagles wanted Fields over Pickett

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1...0AMolspcYxY9QA
This trade shows everyone loud and clear how badly the steelers fucked up by taking Kenny in the first round..... we got a third but gave up a 4th rounder and got just 2 compensatory 7th rd picks for a first round qb.... Originally Posted by chizzy
I'm just glad they didn't fuck around trying to save face with Kenny for another year. It was time to cut and run. Huge mistake to draft him in the first place, but at least they’re admitting it now. Respect for that. 2024 might actually amount to something now.

Not sure how Tomlin, Colbert, Bradshaw et. al. and at least half the Pittsburgh Sports media couldn't see what was so plainly obvious to a lot of us, but at least he's in the rear view now. Onward and upward!
The Steelers are prolonging the inevitable signing a geriatric QB. If getting rid of Pickett was a must, which the staff obviously felt it was, getting a guy to build the future around is more logical than one who’s getting letters from AARP.
The Steelers are prolonging the inevitable signing a geriatric QB. If getting rid of Pickett was a must, which the staff obviously felt it was, getting a guy to build the future around is more logical than one who’s getting letters from AARP. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
They have the draft capital to now trade for Fields, who’s actually younger than Kenny. Except Fields has elite physical skills. We’lll see. I’m guessing they’ll draft a QB too.
I would not trade for Fields. If you believe in Wilson, Fields won't play this year and then you have to decide on his 5th year without him playing.

Bring in Dobbs or Tannehill, draft a mid-round QB and re-assess next year.

I believe they need all their draft picks.
The Steelers are prolonging the inevitable signing a geriatric QB. If getting rid of Pickett was a must, which the staff obviously felt it was, getting a guy to build the future around is more logical than one who’s getting letters from AARP. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
35 years old in today's NFL is not "geriatric" for a QB, by any means. He has at least 2 more years left in the tank, and probably closer to 5. To put it in perspective, if Russell ends up playing as long as Brady did, that would be 8 more seasons.

Kirk Cousins is the same age as Wilson, and he just got a 4-year deal after coming back from major surgery. Since they aren't allowed to hit QBs (or anyone) like they used to anymore, they can play a lot longer - and at a high level.

Russell isn't the "long term" solution the Steelers need, but he's good enough to keep them in the hunt for another Super Bowl over the next few years while they find one.
I'm just glad they didn't fuck around trying to save face with Kenny for another year. It was time to cut and run. Huge mistake to draft him in the first place, but at least they’re admitting it now. Respect for that. 2024 might actually amount to something now.

Not sure how Tomlin, Colbert, Bradshaw et. al. and at least half the Pittsburgh Sports media couldn't see what was so plainly obvious to a lot of us, but at least he's in the rear view now. Onward and upward! Originally Posted by tommy156
.... Agreed, mate... And I believe that the Steelers
will try to grab a good QB from university - that is IF
there are any left once the Steelers come-'round to pick.

#### Salty