I Was going to let is Slide

11 loose random beers of unknown expiration date from my garage fridge Originally Posted by LazurusLong
I always thought beer expired 4 hours after leaving the store with it.
Sorry for your troubles.

I always pay cash and upfront to my photographers.

Maybe spread the word to other photographers, so they don't have to deal with her, I do not know any photographers who wants to deal with clients who do not pay, and work for free.
Yeah, I'd never ever dream of seeing a financially irresponsible hooker. Originally Posted by TheBizz
hahahahaha - God damn, that was funny...
The main purpose of this board is to share helpful information. This is useful information. Out those involved, close the thread, and we'll all move on.
Hey raven, sorry you put your trust on the line with her...but unfortunately she took advantage of that (her mistake) and she probably hardly knew these two girls enough to ask that type of favor of you.

It might have been something I would have asked you to do for me say....if I had used you and I needed to get some new pics up for Autumn asap for some odd reason.

Otherwise, you should have stuck to your standard rules - "Pay first. I'll burn your CD before you leave."
You've said it to me since we first met online all those years ago. I'm sure you've heard every excuse in the book, and you've always listened and been kind...but kind doesn't pay bills. You do good work and you don't dick the girls around ever. If you work out any bartering - I swear, I've never heard about it. (so good for you) The guys that do that kinda creep me out.

So, what to do now? Well, I say cut your losses and don't see any of them again....well, if the new one that was "good to work with" wants to pay for the pictures you took of her - directly to you, well - book with her again. But don't believe any bullshit like, "I gave money to my friend to give to you." Make it clear and concise. Your client/friend shouldn't have just "handed over" the flake's info and left it all up to you.

I could almost understand her having everything paid off except the flake...and asking to pay you half and call it even....(so, basically asking you to compromise and sympathize with the shitty situation and that she's trying to meet you halfway on that deal.)

But - it doesn't appear that she even bothered to go that far.

I wish you luck and I hope we have helped you think things out.
She was guilty from a legal standpoint, but you were guilty from a common sense standpoint. Common sense says you get the $ up front and never mix business with pleasure. Hopefully you will learn from this mistake and not be branded a loser again.

Originally Posted by Tina Marie
Where did mixing business and pleasure come into this?

Did I just fail reading comprehension?

Or are you reading shit into things that isn't there to begin with?

Who's the now?
TNT, what? No bid? I'm disappointed....

I'll go ahead and bump my bid the rest of an open bottle of Jack Daniels. Right now it is half full but no promises how much will be left by the time this damn bidding war ends!!!!
Oh, I don't give a shit what she looked like. I can look at nekid strangers all day long.

Shhhhhhit.

I've got wifi.
Oh, I don't give a shit what she looked like. I can look at nekid strangers all day long.

Shhhhhhit.

I've got wifi. Originally Posted by tntangie
+1. Love it.
Let me know who they are. I'll make an appointment with them, make the call from the parking lot and then you and I can go up. When she opens the door, you walk in first and I'll be right behind you with my video camera for a highly entertaining "photo shoot".

Hope this helps!
$17.32 and a bottled water. And my expected refund from Ticketmaster.
Cut the losses and I am sure the provider involved is well aware. By not naming her i am sure you will get even more business. As with your pics which I like, keep it classy
It doesn't matter if Raven posts her handle here or not, since the nature of the transaction is different than the typical provider/client relationship. The value of sharing the story at all is to provide yet another reminder to folks that extending credit to anyone in a shaky financial situation is never a good idea.

Of course, tomorrow we will have another thread to remind us that some people never learn.
No. That was YOUR business issue. And in truth, she does owe you for her photos and just because she set up the photo shoot the other girl does NOT make her liable to pay for the other girls photo shoot. Pinning her for her f*ck up in one thing but pinning her for another persons f*ck up is not cool.
After reading, rereading, and reading out loud to hear myself read it, I conclude that the situation was bullshit. The provider that set up the shoot IS RESPONSIBLE and should pay the fuck up.

The problem when dealing with people without WRITTEN CONTRACTS is, they do shit like this. If you had this on paper you could take her to court. We all trust people from time to time. Others trust US from time to time.

Who in here can say they've never 'gotten a break' from anybody? Be it pay later, extending a deadline under the table for you. Or maybe paid you earlier than the boss man said to pay you. Maybe loaned you his/her car even though you had a suspended license. Something. Somewhere along the lines, SOMEBODY has done something for YOU, and they put THEMSELVES at risk by doing so.

When they do that, you're not supposed to violate that trust. IT'S A COMPLETE BITCH MOVE to do so.

If you BOOK two shoots, you PAY for two shoots. The problem between her and the second girl is HER problem, not his. Tell your landlord you're not paying the rent because your roommated bailed on you. Your landlord's gonna be like, "Bullshit! Pay up or else."

Situations like this back in the day is why written contracts came into existence in the first place.

I would name her ass...without hesitation.