Providers going to lunch, Starbucks or for a drink?

I met a provider for drinks once and we had a great time! Of course, drinks were on me, but that was my idea. We had a great visit and no expectations, and I would definitely do this again.
  • Zx
  • 11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
I met a provider for drinks once and we had a great time! Of course, drinks were on me, but that was my idea. We had a great visit and no expectations, and I would definitely do this again. Originally Posted by Phrodo
This always fun
  • Zx
  • 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
i dont know about you guys who [in real life] bill your clients for your professional services, but when i go out to lunch or dinner w/ my clients, i dont bill for that. it's just getting together and enjoying each other, learning about each other, and building a better relationships so that they will want to extend the statement of work or create a new one. Originally Posted by pmdelites
As always PMDelites, very well articulated
while i understand and can accept a provider's decision about her time and her fees,
to me it wasnt what she communicated but what & how she said it that showed off her true colors/feelings about her time. [as paraphrased/recollected by mtabsw]

she could have said it more politely...
"that would be nice/fun/great. i do have a separate fee for my time spent out and about."
or she could have suggested another place to meet.

i dont know about you guys who [in real life] bill your clients for your professional services, but when i go out to lunch or dinner w/ my clients, i dont bill for that. it's just getting together and enjoying each other, learning about each other, and building a better relationships so that they will want to extend the statement of work or create a new one. Originally Posted by pmdelites

After you have taken care of her taint a few times she might have a different attitude.
  • Zx
  • 11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
After you have taken care of her taint a few times she might have a different attitude. Originally Posted by pyramider
Tainted!
A couple of weeks ago I went to visit one of my ATFs and she was hungry so we were about to go to lunch when some things came up that she had to deal with so I went to takeout. I did happen to see a couple of guys there that I knew so luck prevailed.

Inside of Loop12, 75 and 30 is a no play zone for me. This place was well outside of that zone. I can't even go to the State Fair without running into people I know.

I have never been to BoneDaddys but my favorite place that I call milfland is Central Market on Lovers.