Luxury Items ?

Wait.. Why am I taking up for Charles? Originally Posted by Naomi4u
No idea why. Chuckie is a big boy (particularly in his latest avatar) and can take care of himself.
A "Jeeves"...(butler) of course I couldn't purchase him; just employ !
Hell, that's less than a bottle of Dom and lavish types bath in that stuff. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Dom goes as a profit loss leader in my area at $129 a bottle. But get the Roederer at a third of the price. They even have stuff at $17 - $20 rated 92 in WS. You can feel good about bathing in it AND drinking it.

No idea why. Chuckie is a big boy (particularly in his latest avatar) and can take care of himself. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I've spoken to him privately about the "avatar that damages my eyes." Maybe I should put my mod hat on and say something.
If a cell phone (or iPhone) is a luxury to you, you are posting in the wrong forum. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I guess you meant this post for the "When Insults had class.." thread. Oh wait...

My comment was not directed at my good buddy Chuckie. Just for your reference, the description of this forum is:
"Diamonds and Tuxedos
Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment."

I'm not sure how you square that with a cell phone being a luxury. Originally Posted by pjorourke
which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.
While I may not live a lavish lifestyle (although this is a matter of opinion), I definitely have expensive tastes, and I definitely have an appetite for upscale entertainment (I routinely attend ballet).

Now, I am somewhat frugal by nature. I don't pay people $70 a month when I could only pay $30 (see Camille's thread on Clear where price was a motivator for her). So, although I would like something with all the bells and whistles, I don't need it nor can I justify it.

I sure am glad there aren't membership tests to this forum. It would be kind of like a poll tax.
(I routinely attend ballet). Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
(I routinely attend ballet) Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
OMG! Chuck is gay!

I've spoken to him privately about the "avatar that damages my eyes." Maybe I should put my mod hat on and say something. Originally Posted by SR Only
I think that's a brilliant idea! (sorry Charlie- ya know I love ya, but someone has to put their foot down!)
OMG! Chuck is gay! Originally Posted by pjorourke
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Dunno .. but it takes a REAL man to admit that he attends ballet concerts.
I go to the Metropolitan Opera when the tickets and opportunities present themselves. It IS the place to show off with a hottie on your arm.
OMG! Chuck is gay! Originally Posted by pjorourke

Well...most wives always complain that their man never wants to go...he has this licked.
Well...most wives always complain that their man never wants to go...he has this licked. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I bet Charlie would make a pretty cool date.
I've spoken to him privately about the "avatar that damages my eyes." Maybe I should put my mod hat on and say something. Originally Posted by SR Only
I'd recommend this one:
I'd recommend this one:
Originally Posted by pjorourke
[mod hat engaged] Perfect! [/mod hat off]

{just kidding about the "mod hat"}
If a cell phone (or iPhone) is a luxury to you, you are posting in the wrong forum. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I guess you meant this post for the "When Insults had class.." thread. Oh wait...

My comment was not directed at my good buddy Chuckie. Just for your reference, the description of this forum is:
"Diamonds and Tuxedos
Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment."

I'm not sure how you square that with a cell phone being a luxury. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Perhaps I'm wrong...and I'm sure with all your D&T knowledge you will correct me but, an iphone is an expensive item, an iphone is a luxury because it is not just a phone, just because you may not think it to be worthy, doesn't mean it's important to another....And being that "Chuckie" was the first person on this thread to mention an iphone, it does make sense that your comment would be directed towards him, or anyone else who said iphone....

and no, my post was not meant for another thread Originally Posted by Valerie
Well duh!

But for someone interested in "expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment", $100/month for a phone shouldn't be an issue. Hell, that's less than a bottle of Dom and lavish types bath in that stuff. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I'm seeing ads for $50 iphones & over the holidays Best Buy was giving them away for free. The monthly plans are the same as for other phones.

I know plenty of people that can afford an iphone but don't get one because they don't want one. The just want a simple phone that they can make calls on.

They don't cite an iphone as a luxury on a thread about things they would like to have.

Now when they first came out and were $400, sure I can see someone saying I can afford it but can't justify it.

BTW, my cleaning lady, who probably makes <$20k a year has an iphone