How Do You See The Economy

• oden
  • 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
We need more certainty regarding tax and regulation coupled with restraint in spending. If we achieve this I believe we can be out of this in eighteen months ,but it has to start now. Without this, the fluidity we see in world markets will cause us to be playing catch-up for years. There will be a greater disparity among states than we have witnessed since reconstruction
how do you see the economy, that was the question! Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
A slow, slow recovery in all sectors, particularly with housing and the decline of US manufacturing jobs, but probably not a double-dip recession. Inflation ramping up within 12 months. Higher interest rates. Devaluation of the US dollar. Increased pressure on the federal budget due to higher borrowing costs.

Guys and gals, we're in a real mess right now, and the outlook ain't rosy.

And: Please let's not get into the blame game on this. This group is smart enough to know that there is plenty of blame to go around, to both political parties, for the last 40+ years. And anyone who thinks that one person/law/act/political party/administration is responsible is delusional.
Well I see it as...
Rising as I speak!
I am just so positive, that things are where they, need to be...
to make things flow, that I can actually, plan ahead.
Nina, I wish everyone on the board had your PMA.

Positive mental attitude.

Why are there so many negative people out there?

Is it just easier to become negative than to try and be positive in spite of the struggles of life?

. . . Anyway, I did not like the outcome of the election.

Only 25% see the economy improving?

You've got to be kidding me!

I demand a recount!
Nina, I wish everyone on the board had your PMA. Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

Positive mental attitude.
Is it just easier to become negative than to try and be positive in spite of the struggles of life?
I demand a recount!
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

Well you know...
I try my hardest, to spread my positive outlook.
I tend to, keep my head up, no matter what.

You know...
If something doesn't kill you, it can only make you, stronger.
So, I'm worth more, than I was, before the election, (or the fake depression)...
Oh, and I look at this, as a chance to cash in.
I hope others get my drift.

• Mokoa
  • 03-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Negative? No, most of them are just being realistic.

Things are bad right now and until there is a fundamental change in Washington they will not improve. The realistic ones see that.

I demand a recount!
So, the result of your own poll was not what you wanted so now you are invalidating it?

Go to any fair poll out there and you will see that the majority of people do not like the way things are and do like the way they are being handled in Washington.

Like the liberals currently in power, you refuse to see the truth even when it is right in front of your eyes.

You know...
If something doesn't kill you, it can only make you, stronger.

Originally Posted by Nina A. Ross
"if something doesn't kill you, it usually succeeds in the second attempt." Peter Griffin
Hmmmm. . .wouldn't it be nice if a poll result was all it took to improve this economy?
Hmmmm. . .wouldn't it be nice if a poll result was all it took to improve this economy? Originally Posted by ANONONE
Well, yes it would, but a poll like that does measure this nebulous quality called "consumer confidence" in the economy.

We all together determine the direction of the economy.

If we all think it's all going to collapse, then we sell everything and hunker down.

If we think prices are going to start rising again and we have the cash, then we might invest.

The biggest of those two groups will then swing the balance and indicate how the economy will go.

I'm am expecting it to swing in the right direction.

Let's all hope that I am right!

Well, yes it would, but a poll like that does measure this nebulous quality called "consumer confidence" in the economy.

We all together determine the direction of the economy.

If we all think it's all going to collapse, then we sell everything and hunker down.

If we think prices are going to start rising again and we have the cash, then we might invest.

The biggest of those two groups will then swing the balance and indicate how the economy will go.

I'm am expecting it to swing in the right direction.

Let's all hope that I am right!

Never heard of the "self fulfilling prophecy" economic theory until now.

Actually, I think we can think anything we want about the economy. That doesn't mean it will be true.
Urgent Healthcare vote Next Week.. Unemployment over 20% .. and a View of Whats to Come.

(One mans opinion) just posted March 12/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtyaIEZODU&feature=sub

Things you should do~
(note) I do not know these men personally,I just ran across their videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvRO6J2V-A&feature=sub