NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Do call people studs and say they play well without checking any of their stats first???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16710/khalil-mack
I too in hindsight would have liked us to take Mack instead of pussy who won't even get on the field. Taking Jimmy G in the second round instead of Sua Feellikeapussy would have been good too. At least Mack gets on the field, he would fit right in with Brooks Reed with 0 sacks per game. Any chump in the 3rd round would have been better than the no threat TE we drafted. And any guy who could actually get on the field in the 4th round instead of Nix would be great.

That's what really grinds my gears about Rick Smith!!!! The fucking 3rd rounder of Brennan Williams who had a bad knee and didn't play a lick on the OL, Then mfing Nix who he traded up for and had a bad wheel. Apparently every other GM knew about his bad knee but Rick that's why he dropped so much in the draft. Seriously drafting a Nosetackle with bad knee??? C'mon man!!! Fire Rick Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You want to bang on Rick Smith. Here's a real reason. Connor Barwin has 10.5 sacks on the season. 3.5 were last night. Reed has 0

Now, last night might have been an aberration as I'm pretty sure that Cam Newton was stoned.
Do call people studs and say they play well without checking any of their stats first???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16710/khalil-mack Originally Posted by Wakeup
You need to go read the stories in that link. They are full of high praise of his play do far
Heard the General John McClain on the radio earlier today telling a quick story about Kenny Stabler and how he didn't show up for practice one Tuesday as an oiler. Everyone was pissed and wondering where he was. The next day he showed up and practiced, after practice the reporters ask him where he was yesterday. He said it's Veterans day, I am a Veteran and decided to take the day off. He was a little long in the tooth as football player but not a military Vet. LOL. The Snake was probably laying the pipe and partying his ass off.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16710/khalil-mack Originally Posted by Wakeup
Try reading what people are saying about him and not looking at just stats. Here is just one story from that link. Sounds like a guy the Texans should have taken first.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- With the first half of his rookie season in the books, Oakland Raiders linebacker Khalil Mack is getting a lot of attention for his outstanding play.

ESPN's "NFL Live" crew tabbed him as its best midseason defensive rookie. ESPN analyst Merril Hoge said he thinks Mack, taken No. 5 overall, could become one of the game’s most complete linebackers ever. Wednesday, the quiet, unassuming Mack said all that was news to him.

“I guess, it’s good that people are known are recognizing you, but that’s not the goal,” Mack said. “The goal is to get some wins and to keep getting better.”

Mack has been a bright spot for the 0-8 Raiders. He has 50 tackles (the fourth highest among rookies) and he has 10 tackles for losses. He’s been tremendous against the run but is still looking for his first sack.

“Everyone wants to be a complete player,” Mack said. “That’s what I strive for. I want to do it all. Things have been really good so far, but I want to be so much better.”
So.... Anyone wanna take a shot in the the dark & predict the outcome of tomorrow's game?
We all knew what we had with Fitz. Go back through the thread and I think you'll see that. Taking a chance on him and drafting Clowney was the safe move no doubt. But where would we be if we had taken Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater? Most likely the same place and we wouldn't have Clowney, bad knee and all.
Fitz is a mediocre QB. I think the staff was hoping he had enough talent around him to make him a little better and that the defense could win a couple games. JJ sure has tried but he can't do it all just like AJ.
There is so much riding on Mallett's success. It's a lot of pressure on everyone from BoB on down. Do they limit the playbook, his ability to audible and play it safe or do they turn him loose and let him run with it do or die? I don't think BoB made this decision lightly but he's got to let Mallett play not treat him like Kubiak treated Shaub.

Fucking Jameis Winston is a stud. 6'6" 230#, great arm and athletic ability. Even with all the off field stuff he has managed to keep that team his. Some teams will pass on him next year because of the off field stuff. If he's there when our pick comes up and we don't take him I may just fire off a strongly worded email to McNair myself. LOL Originally Posted by boardman

I wish I had seen this earlier. Clowney was a gamble, as the coaching is learning. Spurrier said Clowney is lazy and takes plays off.

Now Winston is physically a stud. However, he is about as bright a light bulb as Vince Young. Remember him? He scored 14 on the Wunderlich test at the combine. A cauliflower can score a 12. As time proved, Young was/is that stupid.
So.... Anyone wanna take a shot in the the dark & predict the outcome of tomorrow's game? Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Texans- 42
Browns- 17

Yeah right
Might want to flip those numbers.....that would sound more feasible.

Texans- 42
Browns- 17

Originally Posted by TheDon
Well the winner of today's game has now been decided.
Kinda-sorta-maybe-almost-a twinkle in the back of my eye-feel bad for Mallet in his 1st start now....

Arian Foster is out vs Cleveland Browns
Good looking first drive. Threw the ball down the field
Mallett looked in control on that first scoring drive, First down pass to AJ where Fitz would have tried to run, Nice

JJ scores AGAIN!
The offense is looking a lot better with mallet. Longer, crisper passes