NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Might want to flip those numbers.....that would sound more feasible. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Fuck you.
Well the winner of today's game has now been decided.
Kinda-sorta-maybe-almost-a twinkle in the back of my eye-feel bad for Mallet in his 1st start now....

Arian Foster is out vs Cleveland Browns Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Fuck you.
Yeah right Originally Posted by jstone420
And Fuck you.

Total Fucking blowout, I called this shit, one sided blowout!!!

Holeee SHit. So that is what a Quarterback looks like. All we heard on the fucking sports radio shows from the beginning of the season was "Malett is not the answer, he is too slow, he cant escape pressure" Well GUESS WHAT! you don't have nearly so much pressure when you get rid of the ball quickly

Blue and Grimes were OK, but I will be happy with Foster back.

I know this is only one game, but dayum, with our defense, now that we have even an average offense we can win some games.
Mallet was pretty good. But we just dominated the line of scrimmage, O-line crushed the Brown's defensive line. Blue was great. JJ Watt was the Fucking man today, Cushing looked like the old Cushing as well.

Garrett Graham sighting didn't hurt. Got to give BOB credit for having them ready to play, perfect time for a Browns letdown considering how great their last win was.

Guess what? We won as an underdog today. Can't lose all the games as dogs.
Funny thing though Don, Graham had those three catches in a row but other than that zero throws to tight ends. unless you count the TD to JJ.
Mallett looks like a winner. Suddenly the Texans are in the Wild Card Hunt.
  • Satin
  • 11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Well, Mallett has the highest winning percentage of any starting QB in history.....(100%)...

Daddio, do you want to take back what you said about my boy Blue?
Funny thing though Don, Graham had those three catches in a row but other than that zero throws to tight ends. unless you count the TD to JJ. Originally Posted by spear88
I am absolutely counting JJ as a TE, you see that catch?! Good luck to teams trying to stop that

I think we could have seen more production from Graham had the Texans gotten the ball back more in that 1st half, Watt's penalties prevented that from happening. By the time the 2nd half came around, all we had to do was run the clock out, Cleveland's offense was doing nothing till the end.
Mallet looked good today. Blue looked even better!! He had over 150yds rushing!

Bengals come here next week. They whooped the Saints ass in NO, taking over the top spot in the AFC North. Texans need to be ready!

Let's hope the Patriots kick Andrew Luck's ass tonight so we'll be one game behind instead of two.
  • Satin
  • 11-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey Kerwil, can you repeat that statement about Blue a little louder for Daddio?

Bengals are so unpredictable....
Interesting game today. Mallet played real good. Sean from the Houston Press said that there were 6-7 passes today that Fritz absolutely would not have been able to make. You could see that in the play calling. Much more down the field and aggressive although once the Texans had a pretty good lead they went into the "try not to lose" mode and got conservative on the play calling. Note that last year when Case started he looked great. However by the third game defenses had figured out how to defend against him and his play went down the rest of the year. Let's see if Mallett can continue to get better and what happens when other teams defend against him. Note that the Browns played off the receivers as if they did not think he was capable of hurting them with the pass. They did not blitz that much. After a few games let's see where we are.
I like our chances next week, especially if foster comes back
Hey Kerwil, can you repeat that statement about Blue a little louder for Daddio?

Bengals are so unpredictable.... Originally Posted by Satin
Gotcha playa!

Yo Daddio,
BLUE HAD OVER 150YDS RUSHING!! LOL!!!

He's probably smashing some pussy right now, I'm sure he'll respond soon.

Let's hope the Patriots kick Andrew Luck's ass tonight so we'll be one game behind instead of two. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Done! 42-20!

Patriots have the best record in the AFC at 8-2.
  • Satin
  • 11-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks Kerwil!
Congrats on the W yesterday; well done, H-town. Considering the game Cleveland had a couple weeks ago (dismantling the Bengals at home), this was a really good win for Houston and, without question, much needed. Perhaps Mallett and Blue is the ticket, huh?

That said (and, oh, by the way....someone tell the don to fuckin' chill, k? Yesterday's game was a nice win but hardly qualifies as "a blowout". What the Pack did to the Iggles last night.....yeah, that's the definition of a complete and total blow out).....anyways, now that Houston has drawn the record even (5-5), I'll state the obvious: best bet in making this year's playoffs is to win the AFC South outright......

.....because getting in as a Wild Card is going to require climbing past six to eight total teams at this date.

....looking at everyone's records, there's waaaaay too many teams in the AFC that (currently) have a one - two game win / loss edge on Houston AND with six games remaining, Houston will (A) need to go on a 5-1 run ('cause even with a very respectable 4-2 finish, a 9-7 record is likely going to get you a comfy seat at home come January).....or (B) have a lotta teams ahead of them start tanking. And considering many of them play "one another" in a round-robin like fashion, somebody's going to get another W in the process.

The obvious solution is to simply win out and you're in (ie: the "you control your own destiny" mantra). Not impossible but considering the upcoming schedule, odds are not great in going 6 and Oh.

The potential flip-game (at Indy; Dec 14) looms....maybe by then someone will figure out how to cover Hilton or at least slow him down a tad. If y'all are able to pull that one off (ie: come out of Indianapolis with a win) chances are Houston will become huge Dallas Cowboy fans the following week, huh?

Well, whatever happens here out I wish y'all much luck.....my wish (for many, many years now) has been to live long enough to witness a Dallas-Houston Super Bowl. Hey, one never knows....so in the meantime, one game at a time, right?

Mallett looks like a winner. Suddenly the Texans are in the Wild Card Hunt. Originally Posted by zero2010