NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Thanks Daddio..
I enjoy building up the weekly stat n snatch post. Though I don't always post it, I find many interesting stats on some of the other teams as well. Overall though, Our Texans have the most balance compared to any other team.. I believe that is what makes them the most complete team and is working to their advantage with the "Next-Man-Up" theme going on this year.. GB's defense has by far the most INT's. However, this is one of those buffered stats as other teams are usually taking big risks playing catch up.. However their overall D is really not that great.. The closest team to match the stats of the Texans is PIT and Baltimore. However, our running game still puts us over the edge.

And I'm with you on finding a hot provider that can sport a Texans cheerleader uniform... Since this thread is mainly a sausage fest, I've been thinking of doing some fishing and dropping one in on the "Requests and ISOs"...hehehe..
On Wade P, looks like he will undergo surgery to address a kidney condition and also have his gall bladder removed. Gall bladder is no biggie but kidney problems can be.. No specifics on the actual diagnosis have been published but he did confirm that its not cancerous or life-threatening. Maybe transplant or kidney stone? Hopefully the latter. And of course I hope he gets well soon for he and his family's sake, for the team, and for us fans!.. Were gunna need the old feller at full strength (body and mind) come Jan.

On Herring... He is the current LB coach but has been a defensive coordinator before at the college level. He has also worked for Wade for a quite awhile(4yrs) following him to H-town from Dallas. Coaches and players say he is a great compliment to Phillips. Philips said in an interview that Herring is well prepared and the game plan is already set for this week. That which said makes me feel a lot better about him having to step up. However, my biggest worry will be on halftime adjustments. Hopefully the original game plan works to or close to perfection and we can get an early lead in the 1st half and not have to worry too much about that. However he does think that this game will challenge our D more than any other.. Check the podcast..

I'll post predictions and match-ups soon... But I'm sure U fellers know by now who the game prediction goes to..
AW Fuck it!... Predictions early... before u fellers start predicting a L again,,hehehe

Well shit!
We don't run the table here, but it is pretty much a domination on the stat board giving most match-ups advantage Texans.. I expect us to double Steve Smith as much as possible. When in single coverage, I hope to see Jonathan Joseph to keep him in check as well.. Hopefully we will not over blitz our LBs so they can "spy" on Cam when he's under shotgun since he is one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL.. I also expect Kubes to give them a pretty heavy dose of Hustle and Flow as this attacks one of their key weaknesses and will keep Cam off the field as we run time off the clock.. This is no easy task and even though at home, Carolina is a dangerous team.. Hopefully Texans will be alert at all times and not turn this into a HANGOVER GAME..

CAR 17 HOU 30.... Texans +13

OFFENSIVE COMPARISON

Total Yards Per Game
Panthers 399.0**
Texans 378.9
Passing Yards Per Game
Panthers 259.9**
Texans 227.0
Rush Yards Per Game
Panthers 139.1
Texans 151.9**
Points Per Game
Panthers 24.1
Texans 25.4**
Third Down Conversion %
Panthers 41.2
Texans 44.5**
Time of Possession
Panthers 1842.0
Texans 2001.0**

DEFENSIVE COMPARISON

Total Yards Per Game Allowed
Panthers 365.4
Texans 274.9***
Passing Yards Per Game Allowed
Panthers 236.5
Texans 183.5***
Rush Yards Per Game Allowed
Panthers 128.9
Texans 91.5***
Points Per Game Allowed
Panthers 27.3
Texans 16.0***
Third Down Conversion % Allowed
Panthers 42.4
Texans 32.3***

What to watch:
ARIAN FOSTER
• Needs 43 yards to reach 1,000 for the second consecutive season and join Domanick Williams as the only running backs to record multiple 1,000-year seasons in Texans history.
• Can rush for a touchdown for the seventh consecutive game to extend his franchise record.
• Can rush for 100 or more yards for the sixth time this season.
• Has 14 career 100-yard games and five this season
ANDRE JOHNSON (if he plays)
• Needs at least 10 receptions and 100 yards to tie Jerry Rice for the most 10-catch, 100-yard games in NFL history with 15.
• Can extend his franchise-record streak of consecutive games played with a catch to 82.
• Has 38 career 100-yard games
CONNOR BARWIN
• Needs 0.5 sacks to reach 10.0 for the season and join Mario Williams as the only Texans to register double-digit sacks in a season.
JONATHAN JOSEPH
• Can record his fifth interception of the season and his first at Reliant Stadium.
Also, I'm hoping that Bronco D and running game can prevail with more Tebow magic and knock the Pats off our backs.. Broncos have a pretty solid pass defense, lead rushing advantage by a 50yrd margin, and also lead in Time of Posession... BIG GAME for the Broncs hoping to keep their playoff spot at #4.. hmmm... and here is a link

..AND, though less likely, hoping Rivers continues to dominate in December with the passing attack against the Ravens... The Chargers D has improved lately but lacks consistency.. Still, lets hope for an upset

I honestly don't care about the current playoff situation. If we have one home playoff game only, that's good enough for me. Either way, we will have to face Pit, Bal, and NE, all three teams we will be underdogs against regardless where the game is. I think that benefits us, we can pretty much play with nothing to lose. I'd actually rather play these great teams than a less-superior team like Denver or Cinci. i say this because I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan, and they won the title last season was unorthodox as Fuck. They were almost everyone's first round upset in the first round against Portland, no one thought they would beat the Lakers in the second round, and no one game them a chance at all to beat the Heat, but they did, I think a big part of the run was how they had nothing to lose, by having to play the best teams throughout the playoffs.

They spent the better part of the last decade losing to lesser teams in the playoffs, and the one of the few years they are underdogs, they win out. I'd like to see the Texans go through that. I know you guys will disagree with this, but I wouldn't mind facing the Steelrs in the wilcard,at NE in round two, and at Bal in the AFC title game, and GB in the super bowl. BRING IT BITCHES.
Texans 24 Carolina 20
Wade P was actually pretty funny in the interview that they showed on Channel 2 last night. When discussing the suregery, he made a point to let the media know that he wasn't having a vasectomy. TFF

Great stat posts from O-E-W. I particularly liked the one on AJ. One game from tying Jerry Rice? Lofty company indeed. As far as the Pats / Broncos goes, thanks for the stat link. I like Denver's chances but the differential in points per game is a little scary.

Predictions:

Texans 24 Panthers 13

Broncos 27 Patriots 38
Great post as always Willy, although I missed the snatch for today!! Everyday should be Snatch day!!! Hehe.

Let me ask the stat and snatch guru a question. If we win out will we be the #1 Seed? I know it gets confusing with AFC wins and NFC wins and actually even a win against the NFC Panthers I think could drop us behind the Ravens and Pats again if they win but I am not sure. Thanks in Advance.

Go Tebow, Go Rivers, Go Texans,

Texans 27, Panthers 23. I hope we crush Cam!!
  • Satin
  • 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Damn Cat-Man, you keep raising the bar playa...good job.

Daddio, if we all win out...Baltimore would get the nod...so we need to win and hope they lose.

My homie the Rook should have a field day on the Panthers defense. We obviously need to neutralize Cam. I say we put Cush on him as a shadow and follow his ass everywhere he goes. Next on the worry list are RB Williams and speedster WR Steve Smith. We will have our hands full with their offense. Their defense sucks against the run (23rd) and the pass (19th) so you can score on them (29th)... I predict a 30-21 head smashing.....

Don, I am playing a 3 team parlay this week...Baltimore, Seattle and the Jets. What do you think?

I'm wearing my TJ shirt all weekend so the Rook better do me proud...
Glad U fellers like the post..

I was actually expecting more criticism for predicting a 13pt W.. I admit that is bold indeed. But I'm high on Texans D right now and have faith that they will pull through again as they did against the high-powered offenses of ATL and CIN(2nd 1/2).. I think this will be a REALLY tough challenge for the Bulls On Parade but given that its a home game with with the fans rockin reliant again, I'll stick to it. I'd like to see another double 100 from Foster this game (rushing and catching). Though I don't see Yates breaking 300 unless Dre comes out to play..

Rubchaser, yeah man Dre is a beast!! He has been my favorite TXN every year except this one.. Given that he plays another strong 5yrs or so I think he may even surpass Jerry Rice on the all time great list. Dre is self-admittedly on of the biggest JR fans(why he wears #80) and will probably never admit to being as great has JR. Though myself and some players on the team think he can be.

I've always liked RB's though and for now Foster is my fav for his character, play and toughness. I really miss the big fella though and feel bad for him as he is battling these hammy issues..

Satin, looks like your right there with me on this one!! in the words of FAT PAT, "Love it man!" True there are intangibles that cannot be measured but there are always certain stats that can be.. my favorite stat is the Defensive one on points allowed. This is where I mostly base my prediction from.. as for Yates, he's already in the history books. From Chron.com "Yates is the first rookie to lead his team to victories in the fourth quarter or overtime in his first two starts since Chicago’s Virgil Carter in 1968."

Come back DRE!!!
Texans 35 Panthers 17
I just hope that T.J. and the defense play well enough for folks watching to forget about Cam being rookie of the year.

If the kid continues to step up and makes a real deep run into the playoffs, he might have a punchers chance.

Don, I am playing a 3 team parlay this week...Baltimore, Seattle and the Jets. What do you think? Originally Posted by Satin
I have a rule to never, ever bet on a Chargers game, something goofy always tends to happen.

Bears defense should be pissed off and fired up this weekend, I don't think T. Jackson will have a good day against them.

The Jets always turn it up this time of year, but their last win was against the Chiefs, who really suck, and they barely got by Buffalo, and didn't look dominant against the Redskins. The Eagles aren't eliminated from the playoffs just yet. And VICK is back, I think he has a monster game this weekend, especially by looking at what Tebow did to this Jets defense, plus Jim Leonard is out, that's a huge deal. And the Eagles defense has looked better the past few weeks, and they haven't thrown in the towel on Andy Reed.

My money this week will be on Phi Money-line and Point-spread and Atlanta ML and Point-spread.

I never trust the Chargers. Baltimore should win this game, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see SD win. Even though their defense sucks, all their receivers are awesome and healthy.

I don't see Seattle traveling all the way to Chicago and winning, even though they beat NY on the road earlier this year. Plus they just won on Monday Night and aren't fully rested, I like my chances with Chi.

I think best case scenario, you will go 2-1.
  • Satin
  • 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Dammit Don, you just burst my bubble, but thanks for the honesty...fuck!!

Cat-Man, good to finally meet you and kick it with you playa...it was all good last night...mission accomplished after you left....

I'm getting playoff fever.....
Ya know, I was listening to the Mike Meltzer show earlier and he had the same picks as you...You must be him! But duude, check this play out, it's pretty safe, and has pretty nice value:

Pending 6 Team Teaser (ties push) Teaser tp 6½fb & 5bk
Pending12/17/11 8:20pm NFL Football 303 Dallas Cowboys -1 * vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Pending12/18/11 1:00pm NFL Football 306 New York Giants -1 * vs Washington Redskins
Pending12/18/11 1:00pm NFL Football 309 New Orleans Saints -½ * vs Minnesota Vikings
Pending12/18/11 1:00pm NFL Football 316 Houston Texans -½ * vs Carolina Panthers
Pending12/18/11 4:15pm NFL Football 326 Philadelphia Eagles +5 * vs New York Jets
Pending12/18/11 4:15pm NFL Football 328 Arizona Cardinals -1 * vs Cleveland Browns
  • Satin
  • 12-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Well here comes Cam...59.7 completion percentage, 3573 yards & 15 TD's. (16 INT's)...
Carolina's 2 backs resemble the Texans....Williams (656 yards) & Stewart (551 yards)...
Steve Smith averages 18.2 yards a catch & 1217 yards...

In Texans news...with McManis out, our backup safeties will share kickoff return duties....Demps and rookie Keo.

The Rook was honored as Pepsi's Rookie of the Week....
I'd like to think that I know a thing or two about this game, but earlier, I was getting myself ready for tomorrows game (I don't look ahead to the next game until deep into the week). Anyway, I literally couldn't name more than one guy on defense for the Panthers! I know they have that guy on the D-line who got the phat contract before the season started, but other than him, no one.

I got the final score as 30-13, Texans winning.

And props to Romo tonight, he gave me a good start this weekend for my FANTASY TEAM, I made it to the championship game largely to my beastly Running-backs I've had this season, but Romo was hot tonight! As was Felix Jones, I just wished he scored a TD. I'll take 37 points though.

Texans play PRIMETIME next Thursday. Leggo.