NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I haven't looked at the line yet for this week but my guess would be Cincy -2.
I haven't looked at the line yet for this week but my guess would be Cincy -2. Originally Posted by Daddio
That's what it was yesterday.
I guess I am related to jimmy the Greek!!! BT is known as Nancy Boy the Greek Bunghole!!! His pic is on dalilamas wall.
Line has actually been -1 for the Texans, not sure if I checked it yesterday, but every other day I'm pretty sure it's been that or Texans -1.5

I think it will be a pickem by gametime
Here are a couple of Tweets by LanceZ:

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Raiders go Mack and Carr and Texans go Clowney and Su'A-Filo for first two picks of 2014 draft. Well that's not #Blessed for Texans fans

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
As would I and I'm unapologetic. Mack has special talent. RT @SamuelBrady @LanceZierlein I'd trade clowny plus for Mack easily right now
The line changed from Cincy -2 to Texans -1 1/2
........because getting in as a Wild Card is going to require climbing past six to eight total teams at this date.

The obvious solution is to simply win out and you're in (ie: the "you control your own destiny" mantra). Not impossible but considering the upcoming schedule, odds are not great in going 6 and Oh. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
With Oakland dropping a 4th L on the Chefs last night, it made me think others could trip and fall this weekend, as well. So I looked at the schedule and thought What If...?

Obviously, before anything else can be considered this next weekend, Houston has to take care of their own business versus an up-and-down Bengals team....pushing their record to 6-5 is imperative, otherwise nothing else we look at matters. And with Andy Dalton coming to town....well, anything can happen as we all know. But (should the Texans win) let's examine a few other games this weekend:

Victories by the following teams (Atlanta, Denver and St Louis) would give their respective opponents (all AFC teams) their 5th loss of the season (ie: Cleveland, Miami and San Diego).....all teams that Houston is currently looking up at.

Coaches and players can't afford to look too far ahead....however, as fans, we have the luxury of doing so and contemplating potential outcomes. None of what I stated may come to pass, however, it's interesting to consider what might happen should some of these teams falter. After all.....who thought the Raiders would actually smack KC last night, huh?

I said earlier that winning the division might be the only course of action for Houston vs going (only) for a Wild Card spot. If what I suggested comes to pass (or any combination of), the Texans are actually smack dab in the middle of the discussion of either taking place. Presently the Colts have an urgent need to replace Bradshaw's production....he will be sorely missed. And does anyone really believe Richardson is the answer?

In addition, the manner in which the Pats ran roughshod thru their defense last week, there's no reason at all to think Indy has this division locked up. With 4 games in 6 at home remaining on the schedule for Houston....it's all right in front of them.

Good luck, H-town!
Good post Chateau Becot, surprisingly true. I am hoping the Clown Blossoms and starts to whip some ass. I am like BL and would prefer Mack based on what has been done so far. Mack looks real good. The Clown needs to come on strong to help JJ.

Indy ain't that good and they will miss Bradshaw.
The line changed from Cincy -2 to Texans -1 1/2 Originally Posted by boardman
What book did you see -2 at?? I look at a few and all I saw was Texans at - ML all week.

Hope you made some plays on that Texans + money if you saw it. Because just like last week when I called a blowout, I'm calling the same shit for tomorrow:

Texans- 35
Cinci- 17
Here we go, let's see if he can do it again against a team that now has some tape on him
Run defense is shot
  • Satin
  • 11-23-2014, 11:41 AM
I can't believe they finally let us enjoy the game here with the roof open. Thanks Bob!!
Looked rough first half. Not the same Mallett as last week. Defense can't stop run or pass
Defense did it's job, that was Fucking pathetic by the offense. Can't imagine Tom Savage looking worse. Mallet sucked.
So the Brownies go on the road and beat the Bungals, the KoTexans go on the road and beat the Brownies, then the Bungals go on the road and beat the KoTexans....