NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

We were ready. The Texans weren't.
I have never felt so indifferent about a game before.
The real Texans showed up again today. Ole Oline was back at it as the run blocking was pathetic. Pass blocking not much better either. Shitty back seven on D they can't cover for shit. No weapons at WR AJ is I guess a slow old man now, he can't get any separation at all. Nuke is not much better but does get open occasionally. Keyshawn Martin and Daniel Manning as return guys, seriously? I think my big slow ass could run them down.

Same old motherfucking Texans!! SMH.
  • Satin
  • 11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Well DED, you knew what they say "any given Sunday"....

DG, I kinda felt the same way. It doesn't look like we can sniff the playoffs. Our record won't be "bad" enough to get a good draft pick. (Even if we did, Rick will fuck it up anyway like he did with The Clown) But hey, on a positive note, The Clown did get on the stat sheet today, he was flagged for a penalty....

Excellent game analysis Daddio, there's nothing else I can add...
  • TheDr
  • 11-23-2014, 06:19 PM
That was a bad loss Texan fans. Plus San Diego and Cleveland won. Hate to see that fellas.
Texans fucked their playoff chances off with this loss. From this point on it doesn't matter what the fuck they do.
I just got a push notification from my Score app...that Mallett has suffered a pectoral injury; may miss several weeks.
  • Satin
  • 11-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Yep, you're correct Mr Numbers. It seems he injured it before the game. Maybe that explains why he was throwing the ball over the heads and behind receivers all day. If the MRI confirms it, here comes the bearded man again....
That was a huge mistake by everyone. If Mallett has a pectoral injury from last week he should not have tried to play. As soon as BoB saw he throwing all over the place he should have pulled him. The Texans could have won this game. If Mallett misses 3-4 games then there is a good chance he does not play the rest of the season. Friz might play 4 and then they might look at Savage. Mallett just screwed himself because if he does not play the rest of the season then he has no bargaining position for a new contract.
Wtf Mallet?? Very selfish and shitty ass move by him. We needed this game and the beard may have been able to win it. Mallet pisses me off for doing this!! It's team first not you first. Fuck this guy!!
What did we get offered for the number one pick? Wasn't somebody offering us a slew of draft picks??? Rick would have fucked it up but maybe we could have lucked out and got somebody that can play. This was the worst draft possible. Except for Blue.

Same old motherfucking Texans!!! The problem starts at the top!!! Fuck you McNuttless!!
You MUST FIRE RICK SMITH!!!!
Winning out and getting to 10 wins could seem possible if we didn't have to face Indy at Indy. And if we had an actual QB. It's not like we even need a top 15 guy, Texans are going to face Mettenburger (Sucks but better than anything we have) Bortles twice (Sucks but better than anything we have) Flacco (decent) Luck (great)
while I make no excuses for mallet, AJ is washed up. he cant catch anymore and drops balls when he does snag them.
Here is what McClain said about Clowney
@McClain_on_NFL: Clowney isn't the same player he was before knee surgery. Doesn't have explosiveness or quickness. Watched him closely today.
SR610 is reporting that Mallet is done for the season.
Time to see what Savage has so we can start working on a plan for off season and the draft.
BTW Brian Hoyer is a FA after this year and maybe the only one worth a shit.
We will probably end up with the 10th to 15th pick in the draft. If the season ended today we would be at 12 I think.