NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Well he may never be back so they say...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/there-s...042345612.html
That's what they get for drafting his sorry ass you didn't need him
From the reports I've heard Clowney has done everything asked of him to try to rehab including working out through the pain which possibly was making things worse. I'm not sure how one can question his work ethic, desire or heart if that is truly the case.

Several athletes have come back from this surgery, others haven't.
The reality is that we're a couple of years away from knowing whether this works, and whether Clowney is a bust as a #1 pick, not nine months. On December 10, 2014 it sure looks like a bust.
It could be that he has worked hard to recover from injury, but he is certainly a bust as of now.

I would also wager he will never amount to much for being such a prize specimen!! His main skill was speed, that will be and has already been depleted by knee injuries. He is not strong, or skilled, his only advantage was speed. With that now most likely gone he has "Big Fat Bust" written all over him. Him and Nix can bank together and give Rick Smith a HJ for picking there sorry asses!!! Fucking Rick Smith!!!

Our Crack GM must have known he had a groin problem prior to picking him. He knew Nix had knee problems and traded up to get him!!!!!

I will streak NRG stadium the day they fire Rick Smith!!!!! Who's with me!!!!
Daddio's posts are cracking me the fuck up!!! LMFAO!!!!!
Ok, Kerwil is with me, I know Don is, we need some snatch to streak with us or I will have to back out!! BT is the only guy who wants to streak when its a swordfight!! Satin will most likely streak with us too, hopefully he can align some snatch for us!!!
I'm down!

Bring your green hat!!
It is not a good sign that the knee did not respond well to the first procedure. He might not come back well to this one. I see him as using all of 2015 to get back into shape.
It is not a good sign that the knee did not respond well to the first procedure. He might not come back well to this one. I see him as using all of 2015 to get back into shape. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Geez, ol' Doc Louie has changed the recovery time prognosis from 9 months to 10 months. Now he is at 13 months. All of this in less than 24 hours.

What's the over/under on tomorrow's recovery time?
Joppru Clowney will be a big financial drain and produce nothing. And worst part is that there were warning signs of this b4 the draft. We had so many holes we should have traded down. But then again considering that we are getting nothing out of the 2nd an 3rd picks I guess it wouldn't matter Rick would have fucked up the extra picks too.
Joppru Clowney!!!!! LOL. Great Nickname.

With the Clown, I would wager that Doc Louie is more correct than not. Recovery time is based on the time it takes to begin normal activity. After being inactive for a good portion of 9 months he will not be able to jump right back in as a starter and beat out Mercilus. Mercilus is the only other player on D that has been on the stat sheet other than the beast JJ.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, hammered some latina snatch at the Ho tel as well.
The guys on SR610 had a great interview with Doc First this morning.
The surgeon pokes little holes in the bone, around where the damage is, deep enough to allow the bone to bleed marrow into the damaged area. This marrow will form a faux cartilage that supposedly fills in the damage. It ends up having a more fibrous consistency than a smooth slick one.(think about the cartilage in a chicken bone). For that reason it doesn't hold up as well in most cases and will break down easier.
Rehab consists of at least 8 weeks of absolutely no pressure on the knee as well as 8 hours per day in one of those machines that keeps the knee moving. After that more aggressive rehab begins and is adjusted according to progress.
Doc First described it as a "salvage procedure" as opposed to a curative one.
He gave some statistics about linemen having this procedure in the past that sounded like it was about a 50/50 chance(maybe less) that Clowney would have a long term career in the NFL.
He also said that this is absolutely an ongoing issue with the injury he received in game 1 and not a lingering issue from some previous injury that the team docs would have been able to catch prior to drafting him.
Dr First on 610 today said that there was a study of 60 players who had the same surgery. Only 9 played more than 4 years afterwards
Dr First on 610 today said that there was a study of 60 players who had the same surgery. Only 9 played more than 4 years afterwards Originally Posted by BigLouie
I think that was specifically offensive and defensive linemen that he referenced with that statistic.

It's a little better with skill position players who tend to be lighter. At this point, after hearing that, I thinks it's likely that Clowney won't be the generational player he was expected to be if he even makes it back on the field at all.

As far as drafting him goes. This could have happened to JFF or Khalil Mack as easily as it happened to Clowney. The fact that it this keeps happening to the Texan's players just sucks for us.