NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Ok, just heard the soundbite again from Doc First. BL was right. According to Doc First, 61 NFL players have had this procedure. 31 were linemen.
Of the 61, 9 played in the NFL over 4 years after having the procedure. They didn't say how many of those 9 were linemen.

But...considering the avg. NFL tenure is only 3 years that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

On to the Colts.
This is a winnable game if the Texans can move the ball, punch the Colts in the mouth early and let them know they are in for a physical game..
The Colts looked to me last week like a very one dimensional team. We have to have an answer for Hilton. Considering KJ is our most physical CB, I'd put him on Hilton and have him jamming him early and often and maybe even spying the FS as backup and giving KJ a little more confidence. Once Hilton is used to being jammed you always line up tight so that they never know if he's gonna be jammed or not and sometimes you drop back without jamming. When you don't jam you shade the safety to that side a bit. The goal is to fuck up the timing. KJ will have to step up his coverage skills to make it work. I know it's rolling the dice a bit but this is a must win game.

Reggie Wayne dropped 5 balls last week. He is starting to look like the Colts version of AJ. He could get some receptions but I don't think he is the game breaker. J Jo is good at baiting QB's on those types of receivers so he gets Wayne. Keep the safeties back and everything in front of them and get pressure with defensive line stunts and an occasional ILB blitz. Their running game just isn't that good so they should be able to move the LBs around some. Just have to watch out for their TE's.

On offense we need to work in the TE's more. The options are there, Fitz just has to recognize them sooner and not always be looking down field if the defensive alignment says you aren't going to have the time. Especially since he can't throw the long ball accurately.

And for Tebow's sake don't give up any bullshit plays on special teams!
This does not sound good

“He’s screwed,” Cherilus told the Indianapolis Star. “His game is all about explosion. That’s a problem. I’m out there dancing. I’m an offensive lineman. That’s a different ballgame. He’s screwed. I’m just being honest.”

Cherilus sustained an injury in 2010 that required microfracture surgery

“The doctor said, ‘I’d be surprised if you ever play again’ ” Cherilus said. “I was like, ‘My God.’ But I gave it a try. We did rehab for nine straight months. Three to five hours in the morning and then I’d come back and do some more later. Think about that.”

“You see my leg right here?” Cherilus said. “Imagine putting this on crutches for 10 weeks. You lose everything. The whole leg was numb. I couldn’t even walk. We had to teach the leg to do everything all over again: taking off, cutting, everything.”

Cherilus said Clowney faces a steep climb to return to his former self.

“He has to be fully, fully committed,” Cherilus said. “They told me I would be back in 12 months. I fought and came back in nine months. But it wasn’t right. It set me back for another six weeks. You are going to deal with stuff for the rest of your career. Period. You’re going to have to learn how to deal with it. And you have to be extremely disciplined. You have to do all the little things. Man, I’m telling you – it’s hard.”
I believe that the stigma that Clowney faces about his devotion comes from a statement made by Steve Spurrier that Clowney didn't have the same work ethic as Marcus Lattimore because he didn't spend as much time in the facility as Lattimore did. It was meant as a compliment to Lattimore's devotion not a comment against Clowney.
It could be like questioning Arian Foster's work ethic if he didn't show up to the Texans facility until 8:00am while JJ Watt showed up at 6:00am when neither one of them were required to be there before 10:00am.
From all reports Clowney has done everything asked of him even through pain.
Let's see if he is devoted enough to do what is asked of him to recover and come back from this surgery. That will be the most telling indicator of his work ethic. Even then it may not be enough due to the nature of the injury.
From all reports Clowney has done everything asked of him even through pain.
Let's see if he is devoted enough to do what is asked of him to recover and come back from this surgery. That will be the most telling indicator of his work ethic. Even then it may not be enough due to the nature of the injury. Originally Posted by boardman
I agree with Boardman! I am not going to hold it against Clowney because he sustained a potentially career threatening injury in his first regular season game. There is no way he could have known it would occur. And by the same token, there is no way the Texans front office and coaching staff could have known. Any time you make a draft pick, it is a roll of the dice. Especially when the pick is as high profile as the first pick of the draft.

Unlike others, I am not qualified to make medical decisions or evaluations. I will leave that to the experts. But I do wish him a speedy recovery.
Just heard the BoB news conference. Mercilus(back) likely will not play this weekend against the Colts.
That's one guy that we really needed to step up if we are going to have a chance at winning.
My first peek in here hoping to see a kitty gif.....but let down.

Now I'm thinking ....you guys waste a lot of time in here.
Wtf??? Did Philosofoster's baby momma get to Mercilus and fuck him till his back gave out??? WTF!!!! Keep that gold digger away from the Kirby country club damn it!!!

I am torn this week as I have Luck as my fantasy football QB. I need him to have a big game as I start my playoff run. Missing Mercilus will help Luck's cause. I want a high scoring game with a Texans victory. Doesn't look likely as we usually don't light up the scoreboard.
Shouldnt have let my boy Keenum go
Shouldnt have let my boy Keenum go Originally Posted by vectorvictorclear
My blood runs Scarlet Red but Case was clearly not the answer (even though I wanted him to be).
So it looks like Fitzpatrick's leg is broken.

BTW, if Savage goes down Shane Lechler is next man up
So it looks like Fitzpatrick's leg is broken Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Fitz looks to run for the first down too quick. He'd already done it a few times this game.

Hate to see that happen to anyone but this may be the best thing for the Texans. We'll get 2 1/2 games to see that Savage probably isn't the answer.
And some of you guys wanted Savage to start.
Time for

Savage has a Marino-esque release when he actually has a chance to throw. Way too many mental mistakes though.
Texans are done. End of season.

I said this shit before. Muthafuckas didn't listen.

They might as well lose out knowing the QB issue has gotten much more serious with Fitzpatrick fracturing his leg. SMMFH........