NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Just to twist the knife a little bit more...

I just got a push notification that mentioned...and I quote...

"Report: Texans' Tom Savage to have MRI after suffering knee injury vs. Colts."

.....Thad Lewis?
Right now let's just get these last two over with and plan for the draft and next year. Based on what I have seen it is going to be Mallet next year as starter and Savage as backup. Although The Fat General will put out a lot of talk about drafting a QB in the first round I don't think they will. They have needs in too many other areas and QB seems to be OK for now.

When Savage went in I thought the play calling got way too conservative and way too weird. A QB sneak on 3rd and 2.5? WTF! Made a great play next but thanks to Posey it got called back. For one thing Savage can throw the long ball. I would have gone down field more because it hit most of them.

What does everyone see as our first round need next year?
Right now let's just get these last two over with and plan for the draft and next year. Based on what I have seen it is going to be Mallet next year as starter and Savage as backup. Although The Fat General will put out a lot of talk about drafting a QB in the first round I don't think they will. They have needs in too many other areas and QB seems to be OK for now.

When Savage went in I thought the play calling got way too conservative and way too weird. A QB sneak on 3rd and 2.5? WTF! Made a great play next but thanks to Posey it got called back. For one thing Savage can throw the long ball. I would have gone down field more because it hit most of them.

What does everyone see as our first round need next year? Originally Posted by BigLouie
They switched to the Texans game after the Steelers finished. Savage threw a few nice balls that were dropped. Then he took a shot to his knee. He still stayed in. What a quitter.
Shouldnt have let my boy Keenum go Originally Posted by vectorvictorclear
Just heard they are bring Case back so you can start foaming at the mouth.
Well, believe it or not this will help them determine what to pick in the first round next year.

They need to see what they have in Savage. Yes and I did hear Keenum will be back. Since he only passes to the outside he is easy to defend. Nothing across the middle or in between the tackles.
I doubt Keenum will start.
There was no one on this roster that we can say was worthy of being our starter next year.
Savage throws a nice deep ball and has a quick release but there is a lot of work that needs to be done for him to be a starter like making clean hand offs and center QB exchange.

When Fitz went out yesterday and Savage fucked up like on the first play I thought the offense laid down. Foster looked like he was thinking about unpacking his locker.
The defense kept them in the game and I think the offense realized they might have a chance afterall. Foster really picked it up and tried to carry us to a W. Posey fucked us on that one. Maybe if he had been playing some earlier in the season he wouldn't have made such a bone headed mistake.

Oh, well...There's always next year.
And we still won't have a QB.
Part of the problem with Savage is that he went 1,000 days without playing before playing his last year at Pitt. And then probably no reps as third string or worse. The Texans biggest failing was not taking Carr or Jimmy G at the start of second round. As for next year I think they liked what they saw in Mallet so that will be number one with Savage as back up
Whether Mallet is here is dependent a lot upon him.
I''m OK with the Texans offering him a journeyman contract with incentives and him knowing he has to earn the job. If he wants to get paid more he can look elsewhere.
We'll have a chance to draft Hundley or Petty if we want a 2nd or third round QB again.

Right now CBS is projecting 13 QB's to be drafted next year with another 5 or 6 possibly making a team as a FA.
Not a very good draft class.
Oh, well...There's always next year. Originally Posted by boardman
...in Jerusalem...
I seriously doubt if any other team will give Mallet anything more than what the Texans will based on how little he had played
Now either Thad Lewis or the newly signed Case Keenum will start this week against the Baltimore Ravens. Head coach Bill O'Brien said Monday that he will make a decision on which quarterback to start later this week. While Lewis joined the team almost a month ago, he admits the offense has been difficult to learn in a short period of time.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/...-savage-texans

^^^That kinda of sounds like the former Coog may be starting.
The Rams have had their problems at QB too and Case couldn't get a sniff of the field up there.

The Texans could have picked up Keenum anytime off of the Rams practice squad. Instead they chose to sign Lewis after Mallet went down.

+

Hell, If we can sign Forrest Gump we might have us a fucking team.
Rick Smith's motto is "Stupid is as Stupid Does" and "The draft is like a box of chocolates, I just have to pick one and they are all good"

Since Case was around longer in training camp learning the B"OB high tech boring as fuck offense, he might have the upper hand on Thad Lewis. WTF does it matter now anyway??? I'm still pissed at Mallet for trying to play thru his titty injury, Tittygate. He should have been smart enough to say hey I can't go my titty is sore, put the Bearded Wonder in for me, but Noooooooo, he tried to be a hard nip and tuff it out and sucked like a mfer all game long when we only needed a hint of offense to win the Bengals games. Put himself as more important than the team. Big Strike against the QB right there.
Just read Zola peeloo (our second round pick, I don't give a fuck enough about him to Google his name and spell it correctly) didn't even play a Fucking snap against Indy.

And our 3rd round pick CJ firdorwitz (don't care to Google his name either) was on for about 40% of the snaps.

Rick Smith is clearly on his way out, just a shame we had to keep him around this extra year, this might be his worst class yet, that says a lot.
Who the fuk is this guy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-ricky-stanzi/

What's next Tebow?