NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Mariotta is a franchise quarterback but let's see if can run a pro style offense. He did all that shit in college that won't happen in the nfl .
Yesterday was another outstanding game by JJ. I am still hoping he will be awarded this years MVP Trophy. (But not holding my breath.)

He deserves it!
Get the fuck out of here that's not happening be happy with defensive player of the year. A. Rogers winning mvp
Get the fuck out of here that's not happening be happy with defensive player of the year. A. Rogers winning mvp Originally Posted by jstone420
If I were betting on the outcome, I would put my money on A. Rodgers winning the league MVP by a comfortable margin.

But I am not betting on the outcome. Therefore I am hoping JJ takes it!
J.J. Watt named Defensive Player of Year, second in NFL MVP voting.

From the Houston Chronicle:

J.J. Watt has done it again.

The Texans defensive end was named the unanimous AP Defensive Player of the Year on Saturday, during the annual NFL Honors awards show in Phoenix.

“I’m proud to represent my teammates and coaches, the organization and the city of Houston,” Watt said.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers was named MVP with 31 of 50 votes. Watt finished second, receiving 13 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league.

Dallas running back DeMarco Murray and quarterback Tony Romo got two votes apiece for MVP. New England QB Tom Brady and Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner received one each.

Watt is a two-time Defensive Player of the Year winner and the first in NFL history to claim all the votes, which he did for the 2014 season. He was honored in 2012 and has been named the league’s top defensive player twice in his initial four seasons in the league. Watt joins Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary and Joe Greene as a multiple honoree.

“So many people helped make this award possible,” Watt said. “It’s a testament to everyone, from elementary school teachers to teammates and coaches.”

The MVP candidate propelled the Texans to a 9-7 record during the 2014 season. Watt, 25, had the best year of his career, setting the franchise record for career sacks while becoming the first player in NFL history to record at least 20 sacks in two seasons.

He recorded 20.5 sacks, 78 tackles, four forced fumbles and 32 points in 2014, adding 29 tackles for loss, 50 quarterback hits, five fumble recoveries, 10 passes defensed, one interception, a safety, three receiving touchdowns and five total TDs. Watt – who served as a tight end and fullback for the Texans on offense – redefined his position, while making his $100 million contract extension make sense.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien was a finalist for Coach of the Year, which was awarded to Arizona’s Bruce Arians. O’Brien tied for second in voting with Dallas’ Jason Garrett.

New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. won Offensive Rookie of the Year, while Murray was named Offensive Player of the Year.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...me/#30196101=0
J.J. Watt named Defensive Player of Year, second in NFL MVP voting.

From the Houston Chronicle:

J.J. Watt has done it again.

The Texans defensive end was named the unanimous AP Defensive Player of the Year on Saturday, during the annual NFL Honors awards show in Phoenix.

“I’m proud to represent my teammates and coaches, the organization and the city of Houston,” Watt said.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers was named MVP with 31 of 50 votes. Watt finished second, receiving 13 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league.

Dallas running back DeMarco Murray and quarterback Tony Romo got two votes apiece for MVP. New England QB Tom Brady and Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner received one each.

Watt is a two-time Defensive Player of the Year winner and the first in NFL history to claim all the votes, which he did for the 2014 season. He was honored in 2012 and has been named the league’s top defensive player twice in his initial four seasons in the league. Watt joins Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary and Joe Greene as a multiple honoree.

“So many people helped make this award possible,” Watt said. “It’s a testament to everyone, from elementary school teachers to teammates and coaches.”

The MVP candidate propelled the Texans to a 9-7 record during the 2014 season. Watt, 25, had the best year of his career, setting the franchise record for career sacks while becoming the first player in NFL history to record at least 20 sacks in two seasons.

He recorded 20.5 sacks, 78 tackles, four forced fumbles and 32 points in 2014, adding 29 tackles for loss, 50 quarterback hits, five fumble recoveries, 10 passes defensed, one interception, a safety, three receiving touchdowns and five total TDs. Watt – who served as a tight end and fullback for the Texans on offense – redefined his position, while making his $100 million contract extension make sense.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien was a finalist for Coach of the Year, which was awarded to Arizona’s Bruce Arians. O’Brien tied for second in voting with Dallas’ Jason Garrett.

New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. won Offensive Rookie of the Year, while Murray was named Offensive Player of the Year.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...me/#30196101=0 Originally Posted by bigtex
Watt joins Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary and Joe Greene as a multiple honoree.

Wow, that's a hell of a group to be associated with.
All HOFers I believe.

Look forward to watching him for years to come.

Way to go JJ!
The versatility he showed this year is what got him over the top. If he had a team around him and better coaching, he would've been MVP.
If he was a white QB he would have gotten MVP
  • Seedy
  • 02-01-2015, 07:30 PM
If he was a white QB he would have gotten MVP Originally Posted by TheDon
Hell, maybe he can do that also.......
Dat play call...

:facepalm:
Dumb ass fuck run the damn ball
We can never call out a Texan coach for the worse play call of all time. We just saw it tonight. They had Bush and Lynch and tried this dumb as pass
Yeap...stupid muthafuckas...Hawks deserved to loose for that type play calling. Whoever called that play does not to be coaching...talk about deflated...jajajajajajajajajaj a....dumb motherfukers got what they had coming
So is Tom Brady now in the TOP 5 QB's all time?

Plus he's married to this: