Dorthy_Monroe's last points issued: an objective assessment.

I love Tony, but no, this thread was not intended to reverse her ban. It was to call into question her last points issued by NY'r. No one can deny that those points put her over the edge. The offense was not ban worthy, however my argument was that the offense was not even point worthy. The warning directed to her was nonsensical in context of the board guidelines, and therefore not enforceable. If she were here, she could appeal any number of her points, but she's not. If this thread has prompted a discussion in modville, that's a start. Perhaps the guidelines need tweaking? Maybe they are discussing that. I don't know. Maybe they are discussing NYr's actions as appropriate or inappropriate. I don't know. But as long as the discussion has begun, it's progress, not for Dorthy, but for the community as a whole.
I imagine it's done that. It also allowed us a little insight into a level of board oversight I didn't know existed. Additional takeaways:

1. Mods always need to make sure they are awarding points in a consistent matter, not only in the context of a specific thread, but across threads on the forums they monitor.

2. Members who are stacking up points need to recognize the precarious situation they put themselves in, and think twice before they hit "submit" on a post that may be deemed as provocative.
TinMan, you statement speaks to the matter at a whole different level. It is the stated desire of the Owners of this board that the feeling of restraint you describe in your last sentence be on the modtards by their own choice instead of a restraint forced on the membership of this board by those same modtards. You should not have to be continually looking over your shoulder "shaking the bushes" simply because of "a failure to communicate".

Being a modtard is a thanckless task. That does not give the modtards license to act in a thanckless manner.
All I've done is rationally point out, your incorrect assumption that the users of ECCIE (buyers, sellers, lurkers, and trolls) are owed anything based on this whole escapade. Originally Posted by corona
What currency? Define that, and maybe, we'll continue our little chat. Until then, I really must bid you a fare, fare adieu. I do not feel that I can groom you for logical and polite discussion, and as I implied earlier, you have begun to bore me. Originally Posted by armature
I'm going to ignore all your other stupid bullshit opinions about men in women's business because that's just ridiculous. I've heard about providers that hate men, I bet you were a super awesome fun time to be around when you were providing.

By "owed" I meant in terms of an explanation that NYr has been sufficiently punished for his actions.

Earlier in the thread you went on about how in the corporate world (p.s. this isn't the corporate world), results of escalations typically remained private. Mods and Mgmt here have basically said the same thing of their discussions.

What makes you think nothing has happened to NYr?
TinMan, you statement speaks to the matter at a whole different level. It is the stated desire of the Owners of this board that the feeling of restraint you describe in your last sentence be on the modtards by their own choice instead of a restraint forced on the membership of this board by those same modtards. You should not have to be continually looking over your shoulder "shaking the bushes" simply because of "a failure to communicate".

Being a modtard is a thanckless task. That does not give the modtards license to act in a thanckless manner. Originally Posted by dearhunter
I understand what you're saying dh, and you're correct. But I would also add that members need to own what they post. If it crosses a line established by the owners, then they need to also own the punishment they've earned.
armature, tag, you're it! There, crusade in good hands...I may resume later. I have been "ocupado" (that's Cuban for "busy"). Originally Posted by YummyMarie
I'm going shopping'o (Cuban for shopping) then cooking'o (Cuban for cooking) a big, Italian dinner tonight and dinner party manana (I think this is regular Mexican) so I may be a bit too busy for a Crusade this weekend. However, I will endeavor to be the one, the only, the inexplicable armature the Crusader - We'll have to see.

Well, you did step in front of the spotlight with your claim of having a dog in this fight. Originally Posted by TinMan
You brought up the dog and the fighting. I just responded that I do indeed have one. You are/were just to daft to see it.

And now you'd have us believe you've been appointed Crusader. Originally Posted by TinMan
I believe it was you that called me a Crusader. I just went along with the joke. It's fun. Lighten up. Even so we are discussing something serious to the women that market here, we can all still smile.

When you open Pandora's box, you gotta expect folks to rummage through it. Originally Posted by TinMan
Pandora's box? Nice touch. But, alas, you opened it, not I.

But, back to the crux of the matter....

this entire thread is about NY'Rs misogynistic attitude....he hates smart mouth hookers, because it affects his manhood......oh well........ Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
misogynist attitude? How do you what his attitude towards women are? Originally Posted by davidfree986
Did I say he's a misogynist? I don't believe I did. I had to stop reading here. Bring me some meat and we can play. But watching you fucktards swing from debate when you thought I was a man to name calling now you know I'm a woman won't do. I'm immune to it. Mostly because I'm a better man than men like you.

How far down the road have we gotten discussing your avatar? I'm going to go with a hen pecked father and a wife that didn't put up with your shit. But who am I besides a student of life.

You're not rich or even affluent are you. No, you not.

I'm going to ignore all your other stupid bullshit opinions about men in women's business because that's just ridiculous. Originally Posted by corona
Says the man dabbling in women's business.

I've heard about providers that hate men, I bet you were a super awesome fun time to be around when you were providing. Originally Posted by corona
HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, BREATH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, MORE BREATHING, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA...I'm under your skin now Baby .

Ok, I really do have shit to do.
Says the man dabbling in women's business. Originally Posted by armature
I've got zero control over anyone's business here - regardless of gender.
I understand what you're saying dh, and you're correct. But I would also add that members need to own what they post. If it crosses a line established by the owners, then they need to also own the punishment they've earned. Originally Posted by corona
Agreed.........you post it you own it.......that applies to Kitty, Dorthy and the rest of us......NYr forgot to apply that simple test to Kitty in this matter.
I've got zero control over anyone's business here - regardless of gender. Originally Posted by corona
Yet you are working it. Hugh.
Agreed.........you post it you own it.......that applies to Kitty, Dorthy and the rest of us......NYr forgot to apply that simple test to Kitty in this matter. Originally Posted by dearhunter
He also forgot to apply it to himself. Calling members trolls and talking about board business.
Yet you are working it. Hugh. Originally Posted by armature
working what?
working what? Originally Posted by corona
1) Doing your level best to encourage ineffective moderating.

2) Involving yourself deeply in policies of the board.

3) Talking calmly and logically to me when you thought I was a man. And then turning around with name calling and trying to crazy make.

4) You're all smiles and sunshine until a woman pushes back.

I'm just shocked you don't have NO reviews.
1) Doing your level best to encourage ineffective moderating.

2) Involving yourself deeply in policies of the board.

3) Talking calmly and logically to me when you thought I was a man. And then turning around with name calling and trying to crazy make.

4) You're all smiles and sunshine until a woman pushes back.

I'm just shocked you don't have NO reviews. Originally Posted by armature
I've done no such thing.

I'm not involved in any policies of this board. Dearhunter can attest to that.

I've known all along you're a retired provider trying to remain involved in a business you're no longer in.

I'm all smiles and sunshine until I encounter stupidity.
Just read a few more pages from the last post. I still can't figure out (not that I care butt it's been going awhile). Is this a Houston's ladies drama thrAD or a bash the DFW mods threAd. Cause...I don't do Houston and no DFW mod has kept me from playing. I guess I still don't get the interest after 644 post
I've done no such thing.

I'm not involved in any policies of this board. Dearhunter can attest to that. Originally Posted by corona
You're doing it RIGHT NOW. What do you think this thread is about. It's about an over-reaching moderator that has a hard on for a working gal and fucked her and her money for it. I can't keep all your nosy, busy-body men straight. Are you the one that says she deserves it? The one that says that if working gals just posted their ads and fucked bla, bla, bla? The one that said NYr is a hard working stiff that is just misunderstood? Which one of the opinionated men that has embroiled himself in this little drama are you? What's your dog in the fight if it's not involving yourself in women's business. Here's a bit of advise, if you want to stay out of women's business try staying out of a thread that seeks to banish an incompetent moderator that lets his emotions run away with him. So go ahead, get your guns out slick.

I've known all along you're a retired provider trying Originally Posted by corona
No you haven't.

I'm all smiles and sunshine until I encounter stupidity. Originally Posted by corona
So this is the excuse you use for messing around in women's business.