NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Things are not looking good for the Texans. First rumors are that the Jets are interested in Mallet. If the Texans try to get Mallet at a bargain price and the Jets get aggressive and signs him then where does that leave the Texans. I also expect the Jets to trade with Philly so they can take Marcus. This leaves the Texans in a bad way as far as QBs go. Plus we let two quality players go in Myers and Johnson in exchange for what? If they turn around and sign free agents then Rick Smith needs to be fired. This is NOT building up a team, it is killing the cap. Do they now draft a WR in the first round? And if Jackson gets a better offer because the Texans try to get cute with a low offer we are in bad shape cause now we have to draft someone to replace.

I heard on the radio driving home yesterday that from 2008 to 2013 the only players left on the team are the first round picks. NONE of the lower round picks are still on the team which is a direct result of Rick Smith's crappy picks.
And if Jackson gets a better offer because the Texans try to get cute with a low offer we are in bad shape cause now we have to draft someone to replace. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I appears that neither KJ or his agent conferred with BL. Had they done so, they would have quickly found out that there was "a better offer" available and the Texans were only trying "to get cute with a low offer."

Hopefully when KJ's new 4 year contract expires, BL will be the new Texans GM and he will refrain from making any cutesy low offers.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...al/#31106101=0

I heard on the radio driving home yesterday that from 2008 to 2013 the only players left on the team are the first round picks. NONE of the lower round picks are still on the team which is a direct result of Rick Smith's crappy picks. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I suppose whomever BL "heard on the radio driving home yesterday" did not realize that Derek Newton was still on the Texans roster and in fact the Texans 7th round pick (214th overall) in the 2011 draft just signed a new 5 year contract with the Texans.

Oh well, so much for the reliability of BL's impeccable radio sources. It could be that they were just trying "to get cute."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...on/#31106101=0
Bigtex the short cock makes a return sadly. I had hoped you got your dick caught in a hamster wheel and were permantly on the DL. Fuck you came back you worthless cocksucker. Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up unless you somehow acquire some football knowledge or actually have something worthwhile to add on football.

Team stream said the Texans have interest in Hoyer, fuck that. Also said we had interest in WR's Cobb and Maclin. Doubt that. Not a big fan of the KJ deal as I think we overpaid for him. Not a big fan of the Newton deal either but it was less costly. I would like to see a FA center or we might be awful on the OL again.

Same old shit, where the Dynamo girls at??
Bigtex the short cock makes a return sadly. I had hoped you got your dick caught in a hamster wheel and were permantly on the DL. Fuck you came back you worthless cocksucker. Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up unless you somehow acquire some football knowledge or actually have something worthwhile to add on football. Originally Posted by Daddio
Hey, great to hear from Dopey Dude Daddio. It's been a while!

When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
How many cock's did you measure at this year's combine?
Some Twitter gal Tania Ganguli said the Texans want both Mallett and Hoyer. WTF??? Overspend on 2 half assed QBs. It's the dumb fuck Texan way!!! This also means we probably get neither one of them.

Maclin to the Chiefs? Figures no WR for the Texans. Rick Smith is awesome!!! An awesome dumb fuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Long way to go in Free agency thank goodness. But I have serious doubts about our GM!!!!!!!
The rumor that the Texans want to sign BOTH Mallett and Hoyer is everywhere. It seems they are working hard to sign Mallett so I expect that to happen but Hoyer? If they sign him that means out of Fritz, Case and Savage, 2 are gone. Why would Hoyer come here if he has no chance to start? I guess he must really want out of Cleveland.

Not a big fan of the KJ deal either. Agree it is overpaid.
And if Jackson gets a better offer because the Texans try to get cute Originally Posted by BigLouie
Not a big fan of the KJ deal either. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Why? Because the "KJ deal" was too "cute"?
  • Satin
  • 03-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Well I guess you guys will be thrilled to know we just signed Mallett AND Hoyer....

It doesn't matter you still need more receivers
Well I guess you guys will be thrilled to know we just signed Mallett AND Hoyer....

Originally Posted by Satin
So what you're saying is we still don't have a QB worth a shit.

Originally Posted by Satin
Not necessarily thrilled but it is an improvement over where we were a year ago at this time.
So what you're saying is we still don't have a QB worth a shit. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Maybe not but we were worse off without them. Hoyer will make a decent backup and push Mallet in training camp. Savage will be #3. They have nothing to lose by keeping him. The little he did play I liked what I saw. He has a helluva quick release.

The Texans made some unpopular moves to free up some cap space and give BoB some room to build HIS team. They went from having a few million to 30 million. No word on what they spent for Mallet and Hoyer but I bet it wasn't a huge hit. KJ and Derek Newton along with the QB signings probably ate up about 1/2 or a little over half of that available cap.

The O-line showed real improvement in the last few games. I expect that to continue. BoB will make sure his O-line is coached up. I personally think they will show some major improvement with Myers gone and a larger lineup across the board.

Corner is shored up and there is some decent young talent with Bouye in the lineup. He'll be playing for a contract next year.

I'd like to see them bring in Wilfork, he won't be a big hit on the cap. Maybe a million.
That would shore up the D line. We've got some decent tight ends. They just haven't gotten into the mix yet. A good slot will help.

With O-line, D line, QB and secondary in decent shape the Texans will be able to concentrate draft picks on LB's and WR for the most part with about 10 million available in cap space for the right FA if one happens to come along.

Kevin White, Devante Parker or Dorial Green-Beckham will likely be there at 16. I like Green-Beckham for his size and ability. We should have enough cap space to get Cobb for a slot receiver if we want him and get rid of Posey and Martin. Slot is a huge position in this offense.

ILB may be a challenge in this draft. There are no clear cut studs so they are going to have to find the sleeper in the middle rounds. Something we obviously haven't been that good at. The FA market on ILB's is slim too. Rolando McClain may have been a one year wonder at Dallas but might be worth 3-4 million if he could continue what he did at Dallas. He's a 3 down linebacker.
Michael Wilhoit, Nate Irving and AJ Hawk are all currently available.

I think "rebuilding" is not the way to describe this off season so far. Looks more like BoB is just putting his pieces in place.
This morning the guys on 610 pointed out that Frtiz's stats were way better than Hoyer's. So in some eats the Texans took a step back at QB.
Maybe we can just get Kaep, niners are going to want to start rebuilding right now, they aren't going to do shit in that division with all the guys that left the team, including their coach.
Thad Lewis gone today. Mullet, Shitzpatrick, Keenbum, and Ravage still on roster but with the addition of Bhoyer the Shitz will be go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-thad-lewis/

Me thincks they are going to need a good running game. Who are they going to start after baby daddy gets hurt in the second game?