NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

This NFL shit is crazy! They're moving folks around like it ain't shit!

I got a feeling if the Texans don't become a contender in two years JJ Watt is going to want to be traded.

Rumor is Texans just signed up Swearinger's dog as an OLB. Originally Posted by TX Bulldog
Hell they should! That dog seem to have more agility and bite than Clowney do now!

With the Texans luck Clowney will miss half the season due to that bite. Originally Posted by BigLouie
SMH, more than likely. And then something else will happen to his ass that would cause him to miss the rest of it.
Well, they released Fitzsnatchface.

Let's see y'all spin that into a negative. LOL
No he got traded to the Jets
Good ol Rick Smith, paying Hoyer starter's money!!! Good thing they got Mallett cheap. Do these dumbfucks realize you only play 1 QB??

I wonder if it would save the Texans any money if they cut Clowney's ass now?? I sure would consider it, Swearinger too!!! What the fuck are they doing playing with dogs at 2am??? Sounds like the rehab involves the ***** **** to me!!!!

Staff edit, Spice- It is not permitted to discuss, mention, or speculate about illicit drug use on ECCIE forums. This includes terms and vernacular used to imply illicit drug use as well.

Eccie Forum Guidelines
#15 - There is no place in our forums for the general discussion or speculation of illicit drug use. This is to be considered a forbidden topic and mention of it will be removed.
No he got traded to the Jets Originally Posted by jstone420
My bad.
He got traded for a late round conditional pick. At least they got something for him.
Good ol Rick Smith, paying Hoyer starter's money!!! Good thing they got Mallett cheap. Do these dumbfucks realize you only play 1 QB??

I wonder if it would save the Texans any money if they cut Clowney's ass now?? I sure would consider it, Swearinger too!!! What the fuck are they doing playing with dogs at 2am??? Sounds like the rehab involves the crack pipe to me!!!! Originally Posted by Daddio
The deal is reportedly 2 years 10 million with 4.75 guaranteed.

Probably around a 2 million cap hit this year. I think Fitz would have cost around 3.25 million. The Jets are desperate to take that on.
Fitz doesn't fit the BoB mold. They now have three QB's that are very similar in size and athleticism and are apparently what BoB likes. That has to give some continuity to the offensive game planning and confidence among the receiving corp. Last year we had Fitz who wouldn't stay in the pocket and had no arm combined with Mallet who has an arm and can't move like Fitz or Keenum, combined with Keenum who just isn't an NFL starting qb regardless of his athleticism.

There weren't any better choices out there and considering Bellichick had Hoyer and Mallet on the same team for the same reason I'm willing to see this play out.
There weren't any better choices out there and considering Bellichick had Hoyer and Mallet on the same team for the same reason I'm willing to see this play out. Originally Posted by boardman
I agree, boardman! Let it play out and the chips will fall where they may.
I can't help but believe that if the Texans traded a 7th round draft choice and a case of Jack Daniels for Aaron Rodgers.

These guys would get liquored up on the JD and then start bitching and moaning because the Texans didn't get 2 cases of JD as opposed to giving up the 7th round pick.

Glue! Glug! Glug!
  • Satin
  • 03-11-2015, 09:15 PM
"Luck drops back to pass, finds Andre on a 50 yard bomb over Jackson, TOUCHDOWN Andre Johnson!!!!"
"Luck drops back to pass, finds Andre on a 50 yard bomb over Jackson, TOUCHDOWN Andre Johnson!!!!" Originally Posted by Satin
OUCH!!!
  • Seedy
  • 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
"Luck drops back to pass, finds Andre on a 50 yard bomb over Jackson, TOUCHDOWN Andre Johnson!!!!" Originally Posted by Satin
That is the first thing I thought of when I heard he was now at Indianapolis. You know he will exact a measure of revenge. Lol. And I hope he does.
Per my Oct 13th post (#5898).......perhaps a case of Blind Squirrel finds a Nut....?

Makes me wonder what Cleveland will do going into next year (IF) Brian Hoyer leads them to a playoff spot this year.

Anyways, he's in the final year of a two year contract.....so, will they offer him another contract or turn the team over to Manziel next year?

If so.....maybe the Texans might look at Hoyer. Maybe? Gotta admit....he's looking pretty good (and how much better would he look if Josh Gordon was in that line up?) Just putting it out there...... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I know McNuttless would never do this, but Hardy sure would look good in a Texans Uni!!! Might be able to get him relatively cheap too, well cheap for what you would've had to pay him prior to his discretions.
I guarantee this will happen. Probably here at NRG Staduim!
Murray said Fuck the Cowgirls and Jerry Jones to the tune of 5yrs/42 Million...21 Million guaranteed

I still don't understand the Eagles getting rid of Shady McCoy though
Murray said Fuck the Cowgirls and Jerry Jones to the tune of 5yrs/42 Million...21 Million guaranteed

I still don't understand the Eagles getting rid of Shady McCoy though Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I saw that shit too bruh! I couldn't believe it!