How are we going to pay for all this shit?

• WTF
  • 11-12-2021, 08:52 AM
hasn't lusty lectured you two enough about cherry picking stats? yeah he has and you still do it.

the fact is for every opinion piece you can find claiming Obama handled the economy well i can find 5 that say he didn't. Obama was not the "Economy Czar" you claim, not by a long shot and your disingenuous claim it was Bush's mess is a farce.

the facts are the facts .. forget repealing Glass-Steagall and other legislation .. under Slick Willie Blythe HUD mandated more minority lending to people who everyone from the Banks to even some Government officials knew couldn't really afford a house.

what could go wrong???

a lot as we know now. HUD allowed Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae (what idiot thought up these names??) to take Wall St. securities .. bundled subprime home loans .. which Wall St. knew were shit loans and only bundled this stuff up as a hedge for the eventual fall out. the Banks did get greedy and began pushing through bad paper to unqualified lenders. most of this was due to HUD "creating" demand for more lending.

you've explained what you think you know. as for what you actually do know ..

BAHHAHHAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You do not even realize that wtf you are actually arguing for is more government regulation
You do not even realize that wtf you are actually arguing for is more government regulation Originally Posted by WTF

once again you post before you think. "stupid" regulations by HUD was the issue. nothing i said supports "stupid" regulations.

and do you really think more regulations on Banks would have been needed without the "stupid" HUD mandate?
the thread is how are we going to pay for this shit

with the people in charge of biden attacking production/ supply on one hand and over stimulating demand with free money and huge government spending on the other

its no wonder getting employees to work is very difficult and inflation is rampant

I personally think its purposeful that things are turning this way
the thread is how are we going to pay for this shit

with the people in charge of biden attacking production/ supply on one hand and over stimulating demand with free money and huge government spending on the other

its no wonder getting employees to work is very difficult and inflation is rampant

I personally think its purposeful that things are turning this way Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

you are correct. the game is afoot ... an insidious anti-America game led by the globalists and their minions the DemonKKKrat party
  • WTF
  • 11-12-2021, 03:08 PM
once again you post before you think. "stupid" regulations by HUD was the issue. nothing i said supports "stupid" regulations.

and do you really think more regulations on Banks would have been needed without the "stupid" HUD mandate? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Do you really think it was Clinton's fault? Bush had been President for almost 8 years. That is the lie of yours I addressed. He was the one pushing housing when all this happened. Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that.

How much is you 401k up under Brandon?

Here...explained a little better
https://www.investopedia.com/article...e-overview.asp
  • WTF
  • 11-12-2021, 04:37 PM

and do you really think more regulations on Banks would have been needed without the "stupid" HUD mandate? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
As for Bush's banking regulators, they once brandished a chain saw over a 9,000-page pile of regulations as they promised to ease burdens on the industry. When states tried to use consumer protection laws to crack down on predatory lending, the comptroller of the currency blocked the effort, asserting that states had no authority over national banks.

The administration won that fight at the Supreme Court. But Roy Cooper, North Carolina's attorney general, said, "They took 50 sheriffs off the beat at a time when lending was becoming the Wild West."

The president did push rules aimed at requiring lenders to explain loan terms more clearly. But the White House shelved them in 2004, after industry-friendly members of Congress threatened to block confirmation of his new housing secretary.

In the 2004 election cycle, mortgage bankers and brokers poured nearly $847,000 into Bush's re-election campaign, more than triple their contributions in 2000, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. The administration did not complete the new rules until last month
As for Bush's banking regulators, they once brandished a chain saw over a 9,000-page pile of regulations as they promised to ease burdens on the industry. When states tried to use consumer protection laws to crack down on predatory lending, the comptroller of the currency blocked the effort, asserting that states had no authority over national banks.

The administration won that fight at the Supreme Court. But Roy Cooper, North Carolina's attorney general, said, "They took 50 sheriffs off the beat at a time when lending was becoming the Wild West."

The president did push rules aimed at requiring lenders to explain loan terms more clearly. But the White House shelved them in 2004, after industry-friendly members of Congress threatened to block confirmation of his new housing secretary.

In the 2004 election cycle, mortgage bankers and brokers poured nearly $847,000 into Bush's re-election campaign, more than triple their contributions in 2000, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. The administration did not complete the new rules until last month Originally Posted by WTF
These aren’t your words. What rag did you get this from??
Biden should just threaten to withhold funding to all the GQP states until they kiss is ass and beg him and make him feel important. A trumpy trick lol n omg n wtf.

Biden should also appoint all his family members as advisors. Then they can travel the world at tax payers expense and request loans and support under the table lol n omg n wtf

And demand secret service protection for his family members for life like trumpy did...at taxpayers expense dah
Lol n omg n wtf

We are all still paying for all the trumpy fuck ups dah
Do you really think it was Clinton's fault? Bush had been President for almost 8 years. That is the lie of yours I addressed. He was the one pushing housing when all this happened. Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that.

How much is you 401k up under Brandon?

Here...explained a little better
https://www.investopedia.com/article...e-overview.asp Originally Posted by WTF

all your "explainer" shows is a bad HUD policy started during Clinton's watch in 1995 was pushed even more aggressively under Bush.

do you really want to insist that HUD, under Clinton, didn't light the fuse on this? you know the truth sport. if Georgie W had started this on his own, you might make a case. but it started under Clinton and jack .. that's a FACT!

and your "author's" credentials leave quite a bit to be desired on the "expert" level. but i did find this interesting ..

"Homeowners could actually pay their mortgages"

funny that your "expert" completely skipped over the HUD mandate for more minority lending .. those same people who didn't have a house ... because .. wait for it .. they couldn't afford one to begin with .. that began under Clinton.

you keep jabbering about my 401k. shows your lack of knowledge. 401k's are designed not to be market volatile .. up or down. up is better of course but a 401k does not surge when the markets do .. nor crash hard when the markets do. butt you know that .. right??

my 401k ain't worth shit right now. i roll it over every few years to my IRA. that said, by the end of the month i'll "cap out" at 26k for the year. my bucks are in my IRA and my investment account

The housing bubble is a mix of actions....all born out of greed.
Originally Posted by WTF
+1

Exactly. Here is an example of some of that greed. Investment Bank Morgan Stanley agreed to pay 3.2 Billion for its roll in the 2008 financial crisis. They formally admitted to misleading investors with mortgage back securities that they were trying to sell. The Wall street meltdown of 2008 had nothing to do with B. Clinton signing into law the Gram-Leach-Biley act of 1999. It had everything to do with uncontrollable greed. Morgan Stanley was not the only one there were others. Another example Wall Street ratings house Moody's agreed to pay 864 million in fines for their participation in the 2008 Financial crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...nancial-crisis

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.2527997
+1

Exactly. Here is an example of some of that greed. Investment Bank Morgan Stanley agreed to pay 3.2 Billion for its roll in the 2008 financial crisis. They formally admitted to misleading investors with mortgage back securities that they were trying to sell. The Wall street meltdown of 2008 had nothing to do with B. Clinton signing into law the Gram-Rudd act. It had everything to do with uncontrollable greed. Morgan Stanley was not the only one there were others.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.2527997 Originally Posted by adav8s28

who said Gramm-Ruddman?

who lit the HUD fuse? Slick Willie Blythe

FACT
who said Gramm-Ruddman?

who lit the HUD fuse? Slick Willie Blythe

FACT Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
It was the Gramm-Leach-Biley act of 1999. Clinton signed this into law. However, this was not the cause of the Wall Street meltdown as you claim. The investment banks and others were running a SCAM that took years to unfold and for court cases to be settled. See the post #670.
It was the Gramm-Leach-Biley act of 1999. Clinton signed this into law. However, this was not the cause of the Wall Street meltdown as you claim. The investment banks and others were running a SCAM that took years to unfold and for court cases to be settled. See the post #670. Originally Posted by adav8s28

blame WTF for getting his facts .. bills wrong, as he so often does.

Slick Willie Blythe lit the HUD fuse. own it.
blame WTF for getting his facts .. bills wrong, as he so often does.

Slick Willie Blythe lit the HUD fuse. own it. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Who do you think the HUD was buying the undervalued securities from? Answer Morgan Stanley was one of the investment banks. Clinton did not put false information on a prospectus, Morgan Stanley and Moody's did that. For doing do they paid the government billions of dollars in fines. They were not the only ones, there were others. I gave you two of the culprits. Wall Street firms were running a SCAM.

You try to put the Wall street meltdown on Clinton when all he did was sign into law a bill that was sponsered by a Republican, Phil Gramm.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.2527997
Who do you think the HUD was buying the undervalued securities from? Answer Morgan Stanley was one of the investment banks. Clinton did not put false information on a prospectus, Morgan Stanley and Moody's did that. For doing do they paid the government billions of dollars in fines. They were not the only ones, there were others. I gave you two of the culprits. Wall Street firms were running a SCAM.

You try to put the Wall street meltdown on Clinton when all he did was sign into law a bill that was sponsered by a Republican, Phil Gramm. Originally Posted by adav8s28

so you admit HUD started the mess under Slick Willie Blythe, the greedy banks got in on it like shark chum and caused the meltdown. '

thank you valued poster