NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

While BoB comes across as something this team really needed, someone to kick butt, I do think his views on the QB position and his passing on all the QBs last year will ultimately lead to his firing as the team will not be able to compete with the other teams in the division who have addressed the position.
or it's possible that the lack of QB will be his excuse for not winning. I think that is why GM Rick Smith won't ever pick a QB with a high pick. If you use the pick on a QB and he fails then you are for sure fired.

You are 1000% correct however this should have been addressed already!!! But so should firing that shitty GM along with Kubes!!
It was very interesting in the show when BoB mentioned that the players were only doing what they were told to do on each play and not communicating with each other and not knowing what to do without being told. Not a good sign when the head coach says this
Yes, I liked the way he gathered the coaches and told them to let's see what they do without our help. He was guarding against being overcoached and wanted them to communicate. B'OB seems to try to cover a lot of scenarios with these guys. Seems like a pretty damn good coach to me.

Hopefully Mallet will blossom into a star. The tittygate problem of last year really concerns me, he played and put himself above the team that was still in the hunt for a playoff birth by playing with his sore tit. That was a selfish move. He put himself above the team, that is not the sign of a leader. Although I guess we would've been down to Savage I think, I can't remember for sure, But Savage would have shit himself again if he had to play. It is good to Savage improving as well.
Heck yeah... Let's Go Guys...!
OMG the Texans looked bad against Denver. Neither Hoyer or Mallett looked that impressive. If it were me I would go with Savage who looked the best out of the three. If Hoyer is our starting QB game 1 don't expect much for the year.
You worry to much its just preseason
Again, Kal McNair said not one word. Has anyone heard that dude talk?
If it were me I would go with Savage who looked the best out of the three. Originally Posted by BigLouie
That makes lots of sense! We should start Savage because he looked "the best of the three" against the other teams scrubs. Let us all hope that during the regular season the other teams won't play their starting defensive players.

As for the defense, even though they did not play several of their starters, they still looked good.
  • Satin
  • 08-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Well, as we already have speculated, it looks like BOB has finally officially announced Hoyer as the starting QB.

I'm not sure if it was a close even contest like he was saying it was, but Mallett had his chance and didn't really seem to take advantage of it. In this last game on Saturday, all he threw was short check down passes and didn't look fully comfortable.

The offense didn't look very good overall Saturday. It looks like the defense will need to do the heavy lifting this year to be successful....
Hoyer just named the starter.

BoB is going for some kind of consistency as he has said all along although I'm not sure I see the consistency.

He'd better be all in on Hoyer or this is going to be a fucked up year with the looming QB controversy. I doubt he will be all in though.

I look for a change after week 4 when we are an unispired 2-2 and hosting Indy in a must win game. Hoyer could possibly last longer. He did wait til after mid season to melt down Schaub style last year. Not that Mallett would have had a better shake if he had been named starter. Neither one of these guys is Brady.

I don't want to put too much emphasis on pre season but the starting defense looks decent enough considering Watt and Clowney haven't played. The Offense just looks stagnant. Based on what I've seen so far this offense will need short field opportunities to put points on the board. I hope the play calling becomes more dynamic in the regular season and that Hoyer can handle it.

Unless Hoyer proves us all wrong this will probably spill over into next year. At some point even if he doesn't get pulled early he will either melt down late or get injured. Once again, Mallett will come in and have a couple of good games adding to the controversy and we won't have a bad enough record to draft high.
Well, as we already have speculated, it looks like BOB has finally officially announced Hoyer as the starting QB.

I'm not sure if it was a close even contest like he was saying it was, but Mallett had his chance and didn't really seem to take advantage of it. In this last game on Saturday, all he threw was short check down passes and didn't look fully comfortable.

The offense didn't look very good overall Saturday. It looks like the defense will need to do the heavy lifting this year to be successful.... Originally Posted by Satin

None of them went downfield. The only time Savage did was right at the end of the game if you want to call a 12 yard curl in the middle of the field with time running "downfield". The defense was allowing that.
I liked how they were using their tight ends but there was one play where Strong was wide open on a corner route and Savage totally missed it. He went for the safe throw to the opposite side.
So looks like Moby is our started. I haven't been this excited since Grizzly Adams was the starter in 2014. fML.
You better hope 2-2 that first against KC will not be easy
Take a ways from pre-season KC looked good and Marcus looked really good for the Titans. Could the Texans have the worse QB in the division? I feel that the league had figured out how to beat Hoyer.