NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

What happened to Ben Tate?
  • Trey
  • 12-23-2011, 10:35 AM
This sucks we will be one and done if we can't get that ball down field like last night. The rook can only complet short passes, or thats all they give him to throw. But when you think about it not much out there to throw the long ball to. I fear AJ may not be his former self anymore and we have to find a new WR next year. This year I think we have done all we can do, its all downhill from here. Maybe when wade gets back the D will improve, but if we cant score it dont matter. So we will be one and done, hell I have been a fan long enough to remember our motto "theres always next year". I will cheer us on as we play but it sure ain't looking good.
There you go, shooting the messenger again. As for TJ, I have never said that I hate him or even remotely similar. I sincerely hope that one day he will be a productive NFL qb. Will he ever cross the threshold? I don't know but he has the necessary tools. He's got a strong arm. He has pocket presence and he seems to be fairly bright. That's a good start but at this point in time, he's just not there yet. I am realistic enough to know that just because he isn't there now does not mean he will not be there one day.

On the other hand, I recall reading a post where you proudly proclaim to be a "Schaub hater." I believe you said something along the lines of: "I am a Schaub hater. There I've finally said it." Would you like me to look up the exact quote and read it back to you? Hate is such of an evil word! Perhaps counseling might help you deal with your "hate" problem! Some people just love to hate. Perhaps you're one of them.

I certainly can't explain why you hate someone you probably have never met.

Neither will I try! Originally Posted by bigtex
Talking down upon is hating. I think the disconnect maybe culture.

Anyways, get better Schaub. Stop talking to me. Keep my name at your mouth please and I won't mention you again either. Even when you get better and take us to the superbowl with your top five QB skills. Keep that shit between you and Daddio. We was finished.
As far as the loss, no reason to panic. Plus, this gives STL or MINN a chance at Luck. and Barkley is OUT. RG3? Go for it Indy! Dan Orlovsky is a former Texan, he has potential to win a road game, I believe in him.
I've said it once before in this thread and I'll say it again.......Loudly!

MUTHAFUCKAS CAN'T BE SLEEPING THIS LATE IN THE SEASON!!!!!!

I don't know what the deal is but I was madder than a muthafucka at the end of this game. The Colts wore the defense down to the point where they can't stop nobody during a two-minute drill with no timeouts. And why the fuck they couldn't they move the ball down the field is beyond me.

Yes Yates had a good QB rating, but shit ANY QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL can get that rating with just short passes! What the fuck happened with play-action?? You got muthafuckas that can catch!!! They must don't trust Jacoby Jones enough to be a downfield threat. Blame it on Kubiak's conservative ass!

The Texans continue to create history, but gotdayum! This isn't the type of history we need(never beating Indy in their house, and being the first 10+ win team in NFL history to get their asses kicked by a team with 1 muthafuckin' win)! We got enough bad shit and disrespect hanging over us already!!

If they don't shape the fuck up, they WILL be a one-and-done team, doesn't matter who they play! That other team will expose them like hoes! Playoffs ain't for no bullshit!!!

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER HOUSTON TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
Last night was really sad. Started strong, but the Colts were able to stop us time and time again. No TDs after Foster's gimme is simply inexcusable. 1/10 on 3rd down is inexcusable. Walters and Jones aren't getting the downfield passes, and to me, that's on Kubiak. Ben Tate must have had a hangover - his worst performance to date.

TJ didn't throw a pick, which is good - the guy has poise, but he missed several open receivers for what could have been significant plays.

Bottom line is that our offense under Yates scores 10ppg less than under Schaub. We've gotta shrink that deficit. Scoring 16 points against the Colts is not playoff caliber play. There is no reason we shouldn't have scored 5-6 TDs.

Special teams were unimpressive. Turk demonstrated why we let him go - his range just isn't that good. Rackers was fine. Nothing to report pro or con on runbacks.

There were some good points. Watt and Reed continue to impress. 'Meco is back to his old self. Cushing is doing his job. The CBs and safeties played fairly well. Honestly, the whole defense played well until the 4th, at which point all the time they were spending on the field caught up with 'em.

We committed WAY too many penalties. A couple were just bad calls by the refs, but we got caught 11 times - that's twice what it should be. The Colts' TD drive would been cut short 2-3 times without our penalties.

What do we need to do:

Make some third down plays.
Get Ben Tate to stop partying with Satin on the night before the games.
Get 'Dre back.
Let TJ throw the ball downfield. Sure, he'll get picked once a game. But he'll score more than that.
Find a better punter. Turk didn't help our field position.

Texans played down to the level of their opponent. Let's hope they play up in the playoffs.
One more thing: Long term, the loss may have helped us.

If Indy loses out, that means they can draft Luck. We could look forward to another decade of pain if this talented kid learns the Peyton Manning system and becomes the next starter for Indy.

Better to have him land outside the division.
Talking down upon is hating. I think the disconnect maybe culture.

Anyways, get better Schaub. Stop talking to me. Keep my name at your mouth please and I won't mention you again either. Even when you get better and take us to the superbowl with your top five QB skills. Keep that shit between you and Daddio. We was finished. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Bb05---All right, I do not see that as much of a problem. I will "stop talking to" you in the future. But I must admit to being a little confused. I do not recall having ever talked to you in the past.

I suppose you could be one of those venomous telephone solicitors? If so, I was probably not very nice to you when we last spoke. If you happen to be one of those weasels (which I would not find surprising), it is little wonder you would like for me to "stop talking to" you!

If you would, please pm me your cell number so I can call block it from my phone. Then you won't be a pain in the ass solicitor to me and I won't have to be rude as hell to you. We can kill two birds with one stone. That's what I call a win/win situation! And to make it even better, we can do this without having to talk to each other. Shit, it doesn't get any better than that!

You also have one additional tool at your disposal. The ECCIE website has a nifty little feature called "ignore." You might want to check it out!

Now that we have given you a couple of ways to solve your problem, shall we move on to your next set of problems? See, wasn't that easy?

Hmmmm, I cannot help but wonder:

Do you hate Schaub more than me?

Do you hate me more than Schaub?
Or, are you an equal opportunity hater and hate us both equally?

Bottom line is that our offense under Yates scores 10ppg less than under Schaub. We've gotta shrink that deficit. Scoring 16 points against the Colts is not playoff caliber play. There is no reason we shouldn't have scored 5-6 TDs. Originally Posted by blowpop
Be careful BP. We've got a couple of (Dopey) Dudes in this forum who do not take kindly to remarks such as those referenced above. The Dudes prefer to overlook the 10-12 points per game differential between TJ and Scaub and only focus upon the fact that TJ normally rushes for more yards than Schaub. At least that is the case, when TJ is actually on the playing field and not carrying the clipboard on the sidelines!

Fact is, the (Dopey) Dudes do not do stats very well. Stats have a tendency to give them both a splitting headache!
  • Satin
  • 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Excellent post BP....I tried to get Tate to take his ass home early from the party to get some rest....but the greedy fucker insisted upon trying to fuck every chick there. It's his own fault....
Excellent post BP....I tried to get Tate to take his ass home early from the party to get some rest....but the greedy fucker insisted upon trying to fuck every chick there. It's his own fault.... Originally Posted by Satin
Why in the fuck didn't you invite me to the shindig? Hell, I don't drink much!
Sometimes a run style doesn't work against a defense. Being a Tate fan, after his first coupe of attempts I wondered where Ward was.
That was an embarrassing loss last night. It starts at the top. When has kubes ever out coached anybody???? I have seen every game He has coached and I can't recall him outcoaching anybody!! I am sick of coaching not to lose!!! Open up the playbook and let's see what these guys can do. Get well soon Andre!!!!

What receivers will be available via free agency next year? I have heard we may draft the baylor speedy wr wright. Too bad blackmon will be Gone by the time we pick.

WTF happened to Brandon Harris the cb??? I am tired of watching toast Jackson.
That was an embarrassing loss last night. It starts at the top. When has kubes ever out coached anybody???? I have seen every game He has coached and I can't recall him outcoaching anybody!! I am sick of coaching not to lose!!! Open up the playbook and let's see what these guys can do. Get well soon Andre!!!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Some of the above I happen to agree with but certainly not all. No doubt, Kubes was out coached against both Carolina and Indy but to say he has never "out coached anybody" is simply Dude Daddio being "Dopey" again, for lack of a better word. Over his entire head coaching career, Kubes is a .500 coach or thereabouts! Common sense will tell you that somewhere along the way Kubes has out coached a near equal share of NFL head coaches! Duh! It does not surprise me that DDD made the "ever out coached anybody" statement because I would not put common sense and (Dopey) Dude Daddio in the same sentence without the qualifier, "lack thereof."

As for Thursday nights embarrassing loss. As I said above, I believe Kubes deserves his share of the blame. But it has now become apparent to me that Kubes does not have confidence in T.J. being able to run the entire offense effectively. Thus he restricts the calls to the plays he believes the rook is capable of handling, which apparently isn't much. I will agree with DDD, if Kubes is going to stick with T.J. in the playoffs he should call the game accordingly. If the rook can't handle the entire offensive playbook we will have an early playoff exit, which is probably destined to occur anyway.

With the notable exception of a couple of good final quarters, the offense we have had since Schaub going down has been absolutely terrible. There is no other way to put it! 16 points per game is a far cry from the 27 we were getting prior to Schaub going down with his season ending injury.

Regarding whether Kubes should go to one of the ancient vets we have sitting on the bench, I will yield to the coach. He is there every day and if he feels that T.J. affords the team the best chance for victory, I can accept that. Sometimes a coach has to go with his gut feeling. It does tell me that Kubes does not believe Jake or Garcia are far enough along to provide a better winning option. I do not know of any other way to take that other than it is clearly not a vote of confidence for either.

Kubes greatest asset as an NFL Head Coach is his ability to work with the qbs and develop an effective offensive game plan. Granted the team was 6-10 last year but for the most part the liabilities were on the defensive side of the ball, not offense. If he feels that T.J. represents the best chance we have of winning, I am not going to second guess the decision. But if we continue to score at a 16 points per game clip in the playoffs, our 2011 season's playoff fate will probably be "one and done." I suspect that deep down, Kubes might have already realized that.

Oh well, we always have the 2012 season to look forward to. Get well soon, Andre and Schaub!!!!
Terrible called game on Thursday. First what has he got to lose? He should have gone deep, should have tried that roll out deep pass to Jones. Again he got too cute in situations. We had 3rd and 1 and Foster has been killing the left side all day so what does Kubiak call? short pass that is no good. WTF! The game clearly shows we need to draft a WR in the first round next year.
Terrible called game on Thursday. First what has he got to lose? He should have gone deep, should have tried that roll out deep pass to Jones. Again he got too cute in situations. We had 3rd and 1 and Foster has been killing the left side all day so what does Kubiak call? short pass that is no good. WTF! The game clearly shows we need to draft a WR in the first round next year. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I am inclined to agree with one possible exception. If a solid, run stopping, road grader (Nose Tackle) is available when the Texans Choose in the first round, I would certainly give strong consideration to that player. Another possibility would be to trade Mario for a veteran NT who fits the bill.

Otherwise, we need to add quality depth on the offensive side of the ball, particularly the WR position!