NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The Texans are going absolutely nowhere this year. Just to finish 8-8 the team would have to go 7-5 the rest of the way and I just don't see 7 wins. My guess is 6-10 for the season and I surely hope that Rick Smith is let go.

All of the issues you see with the team is that the 2-6 round picks have been terrible. The pick the team took last year in the second round is not even a starter. He has been beat out by a guy the team claimed off the Jets waiver wire. There is NO speed at the receiver position. No one can get separation. Texans lead the league in dropped passes.

Last year BoB passed on 4 QBs for unknown reasons. For Bridgewater rumor has it that they passed on him because he did not fit their metrics of size for the postion. They passed on Derrick Carr at the start of the second round for unknown reasons and now people are saying what a great future the Raiders have now that they have found the QB they have been searching for.

Watt is being double teamed on every play so where the hell is everyone else. If Clowney is getting doubled teamed at times also what the hell is the rest of the line and LBers doing?

Now the team has no QB of the future and really no way save of tanking the rest of the season and trying to land in the top 5. Does anyone want to go into next season with the two clowns we have now? Yet Hoyer is the one that BoB wanted from the start. Well he got his wish.

The rest of the year is not going to be pretty.
The Texans are going absolutely nowhere this year. Just to finish 8-8 the team would have to go 7-5 the rest of the way and I just don't see 7 wins. My guess is 6-10 for the season and I surely hope that Rick Smith is let go.

All of the issues you see with the team is that the 2-6 round picks have been terrible. The pick the team took last year in the second round is not even a starter. He has been beat out by a guy the team claimed off the Jets waiver wire. There is NO speed at the receiver position. No one can get separation. Texans lead the league in dropped passes.

Last year BoB passed on 4 QBs for unknown reasons. For Bridgewater rumor has it that they passed on him because he did not fit their metrics of size for the postion. They passed on Derrick Carr at the start of the second round for unknown reasons and now people are saying what a great future the Raiders have now that they have found the QB they have been searching for.

Watt is being double teamed on every play so where the hell is everyone else. If Clowney is getting doubled teamed at times also what the hell is the rest of the line and LBers doing?

Now the team has no QB of the future and really no way save of tanking the rest of the season and trying to land in the top 5. Does anyone want to go into next season with the two clowns we have now? Yet Hoyer is the one that BoB wanted from the start. Well he got his wish.

The rest of the year is not going to be pretty. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Facts!

Meanwhile Kubiak is chillin' at Denver with a 4-0 record now.
After watching the Denver game I was feeling kinda sad then I realized only reason Denver is 4-0 is because Peyton once again runs the offense the way he wants to run it and not the coach. Kubiak is just a back seat driver.
Denver is 4-0 because of their DEFENSE and Wade Phillips....Peyton and Kubiak don't have shit to do with that record lol
BoB appears in over his head.
It's easy to be considered a QB guru when your first shot in the NFL was coaching Brady, I guess.
If there's a bright spot it will be that we are pretty much guaranteed to have a new QB next year. Neither one of these idiots can play and the whole team knows it.

BoB may be close to losing this team if this keeps up. There was no focus in any facet of the game yesterday. That falls squarely on the head coach.
Mallett couldn't hit the side of a barn. Foster looked useless. The defense went through the motions.
There is talent on this team especially defense but Crennel can't seem to put it together in any kind of package that works. His big defensive scheme when he needs a stop is to put Clowney inside next to Watt. Result, Watt got a sack. Wow! Pure defensive genius there. I know. Let's just draft 5 more Clowney's. That should shore up the front 7. Except for one thing. You've still got to prepare for the game and coach the players. Kevin Johnson may be the brightest spot on a very anemic defense. He at least had 5 tackles and defended a couple of passes. Only Cushing had more tackles with 7.

No pressure on the QB and couldn't stop the run. At least they kept Julio from going off. DHop had 9 receptions for 157 yards but most of that was garbage. He was targeted 22 fucking times. Some sailed way over his head, some hit the dirt 5 yards in front of him and others were 100mph fastballs thrown behind him.

Offense is pathetic with not much hope considering the options at QB.
Best thing that happened to this team is they get another game Thursday night so they have to put this behind them quickly and move on. That is provided the coaches can get somewhere with them.
Denver is 4-0 because of their DEFENSE and Wade Phillips....Peyton and Kubiak don't have shit to do with that record lol Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I'm a firm believer in Offense wins games Defense wins championships. I think you fail realize this is Wade Phillips we're talking about here. He always jumps out the gate with a great D but sizzles when it really counts.
I'm a firm believer in Offense wins games Defense wins championships. I think you fail realize this is Wade Phillips we're talking about here. He always jumps out the gate with a great D but sizzles when it really counts. Originally Posted by Fishpie
We are talking about right now, right...Denver's 4-0 record????

If you believe Denver is 4-0 because of anything other than having the #1 Defense in the NFL currently (IDK, just making a safe assumption...if not #1 then near the top) then you don't know Football as well as you think you do
Looks like the Denver D actually is #1 and that Kubiak/Peyton led O is currently......#28

www.nfl.com/stats/team

Peyton and that #28 ranked offense truly are the cause for that 4-0 record...my bad dude, you were right
  • WTF
  • 10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
They have beaten the Ravens, Chiefs, Lions and Vikings and not handily.

Easy schedule so far...and the only have the Packers and Pats that are tough games left. Let's see how they do with those teams. IMHO, they had their chance three years ago when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. They were the best team in the NFL that year.

Decent defense but Manning is to old and their running game is not very good. Not a good combo to advance in the playoffs.
Peyton is one of the reasons they are winning. Kubes is on the sideline looking over the Denny's menu going where was that on my menu??? WTF??? Peyton came up with the Pistol for old Kubes who wantied him under center way too much.

The Denver D is top notch. Very fast unlike the Texan D which is very very slow.

I quit watching at halftime yesterday but pretty sure The Clowns career sack total is still 0 correct???
  • WTF
  • 10-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Peyton is one of the reasons they are winning. Kubes is on the sideline looking over the Denny's menu going where was that on my menu??? WTF??? Peyton came up with the Pistol for old Kubes who wantied him under center way too much.

The Denver D is top notch. Very fast unlike the Texan D which is very very slow.

I quit watching at halftime yesterday but pretty sure The Clowns career sack total is still 0 correct??? Originally Posted by Daddio
The Texans GM should have been fired long ago.

The coach is trying to justify that pick last year of Clooney. He should be fired. The NFL is about QB play and the coach was supposed to be good at evaluating QB talent....that has been an object failure.

It is neck and neck between him and Strong on the worst hires in Texas in the last two years. At least Strong wasn't on Hard Knocks acting like he knew wtf he was doing!
I know hind sight is 20/20 but we drafted Whitney Mercilus and Devier Posey before Russell Wilson was drafted. Not sure if Seatle traded up to get him or not but we drafted Brandon Brooks with the pick immediately after Wilson was drafted. I know Mercilus is marginally servicable but not a great pick. Devier Posey????? C'mon man!!!

Fire Rick!! Fire Rick!!! Fire Rick!!!

Romeo you better get your shit together or imma gonna be chanting your name next!!!!
That was just bad. They couldn't put any pressure or stop a 40 year old QB who was just in the hospital on an IV. Could not stop the run and could not run the ball. The game plan and the plays called sucked. To think that BoB thinks the two jokers the Texans have as QB are better than the 4 he passed on last year. I see him having one more year and I see Rick Smith gone at the end of this year. If that does not happen the team is just going to get worse than it already is.
To think that BoB thinks the two jokers the Texans have as QB are better than the 4 he passed on last year. Originally Posted by BigLouie

Over-all it was a pretty good season. I expected 6-10 so 9-7 was better than I expected.

On offense I wish that we had traded for Mallett earlier and started him earlier. I believe next year it is going to be a 3 way batter between Mallett, Savage and Case with Mallett winning out.

If Mallett comes back and plays as he did against Cleveland I fully believe the team can go 12-4, 13-3 and be one of the top teams in the AFC. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I heart this thread...
To think that BoB thinks the two jokers the Texans have as QB are better than the 4 he passed on last year. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Which 4 QB's that BoB "passed on last year" are you referring to?

On offense I wish that we had traded for Mallett earlier and started him earlier. I believe next year it is going to be a 3 way batter between Mallett, Savage and Case with Mallett winning out.

If Mallett comes back and plays as he did against Cleveland I fully believe the team can go 12-4, 13-3 and be one of the top teams in the AFC. Originally Posted by BigLouie
...I heart this thread... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Don't ya just love it when BL's constantly changing crystal ball gets thrown back in his "hindsight is (always) 20/20" face?