NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Do you guys think that the Texans should ditch BOB and fight Miami for Sean Peyton if he becomes available at the end of the season (or sooner)??

I think if they hire him, the Rick Smith situation would resolve it self at the same time.
I would trade BO'B for Sean Payton but I don't think we can get him. No sack owner wouldn't be able to pull it off.
I'm also waiting on the governor to congratulate the Texans on advancing to the AFC championship game. C'mon governor!!! You gimp of a sports fan.
To think that BoB thinks the two jokers the Texans have as QB are better than the 4 he passed on last year. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I can't wait to see if BL is still slobbering over one (Bortles) of the "4 he (BoB) passed on last year."

Bortles 3 interceptions in front of their home crowd were epic!

BL, which of the 3 interceptions was your favorite?

Let me guess, the pick 6?
Who's with me??? Fire Rick, Fire Rick, Fire Rick!!!

Crickets???? You lousy bunch of candy asses don't care??? If this was Philly or New York(Glad it's not by the way, way to many assholes up there) we would already have Rick's, Romeo's, B'OB's and Mallet's head on a pike!!!!!

Can't really say as I blame you, I barely give a fuck about the Texans too!!! When is the next Dynamo Snatchfest??? I am glad I am knee deep in pussy to occupy my time.

Later Pussy Farts, see you next season. Originally Posted by Daddio
Oh I'm with you, I just don't even care anymore to protest, this is the least interested I've been with Houston Texans football in my life, which kind of sucks because they have a couple of great studs in Hopkins and Watt, after the first half of the Falcons game you knew this team was a mess, that was pretty much when I gave up on the season.

It's strange now though because even though there are a ton of teams better than us, we still have a shot at the playoffs because the division is so awful (and that's another thing, lots of shitty football being played all across the league, the level of play just seems a lot more average than from years past), Indy doesn't look all that great though and they have a tough schedule so they might make things interesting.

That sounds like good news but I really don't think it is, if we almost make the playoffs I think Smith will stay, as well as Bob if he continues to get out coached for the majority of the season, would have been better to just suck and get a QB in the first round. Can't do anything with the guys on this roster. The ceiling is nothing more than a second round trip to the playoffs,
The Texans making the playoffs this year?

.....strange because there are a ton of teams better than us....we still have a shot at the playoffs because the division is so awful (and that's another thing, lots of shitty football being played all across the league, the level of play just seems a lot more average than from years past). Originally Posted by TheDon
One noticeable reason for the "shitty football" is the lack of quality O-lines across most of the league (ask the Seattle Seahawks how that Graham for Unger trade is working out for them)....running lanes are practically nil because defenses are stacking the boxes....and starting QB's are being knocked out at a record pace. I'm amazed Peyton is still standing after week 6 considering the Denver running game is MIA.

Also, Officiating Crews are throwing laundry at a record pace (can we safely assume there'll be a hanky thrown for holding or a "block-in-the-back" on 75+% of all punts?) This parade of flags contributes to the concept of bad football...a bad product (ie: can anybody even play this game anymore???)

The most recent labor negotiations tapped back the amount of workout days devoted to OTA's, summer training camp and (currently) time that teams / coaches can be on the field "practicing" during the regular season. The diminished time devoted to practice and "getting better" has, in turn, created a more diminished, less entertaining product.

There's more of a "Haves vs Have-Nots" issue in the NFL this young season (maybe) than what we've seen in quite a spell.

The cumulative record of the best teams in the league (ie: Cardinals, Packers, Panthers, Falcons, Patriots Jets, Bengals, Steelers and Broncos is a stellar 45-6). The other 72% of the league...meh, not so good, buddy....
Hey the Texans won yesterday! Yawn! Where's the snatch at?
Please lawd, take Boomer, Ditka, Carter and Keyshawn off ESPN's pregame, halftime, postgame NFL shows. Preferably 5 years ago. I can't even stomach Tom Jackson anymore.
Please lawd, take Boomer, Ditka, Carter and Keyshawn off ESPN's pregame, halftime, postgame NFL shows. Preferably 5 years ago. I can't even stomach Tom Jackson anymore. Originally Posted by gnadfly
You may get your wish, ESPN going to fire a bunch of folks tomorrow in the name of budget cuts. Would not surprise me if a lot of their shows get reworked.
Mallett misses the team charter to Miami?

WTF?

It appears to me that it is time move on in a different direction.
Texans looked terrible on both Miami TDs. You can forget that talk about playoffs
Mallett misses the team charter to Miami?

WTF? Originally Posted by bigtex
Did the secondary miss the plane also?? (Or just the ones that can tackle above a jr. high school level???)
Did the whole team missed the flight
Down 28-0 to Miami in the first quarter...I'm done with this team for the next decade.