How are we going to pay for all this shit?

• Tiny
  • 11-19-2021, 07:03 AM
Delete
But the abstract supports the belief that higher inflation is correlated with greater inequality.

As to your paper, which I’m also too lazy to read, it stops at 2018. Yes median household income stagnated and I imagine the Gini coefficient went up, during the George W Bush and Obama administrations.

The Ryan/McConnell/Trump corporate tax cut at the start of 2018 and Trump’s deregulation were part of why the trend changed radically in 2019. Median household income jumped and unemployment went to the lowest level since 1969. For the first time in years THE WORKINGMAN did substantively better than the higher income earners

Under the Biden administration and Democratic control of Congress, THE WORKINGMAN is losing ground. Inflation in goods and services has outpaced inflation in wages. Now a lot of that is coincidence, but Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which Larry Summers warned against, probably didn’t help. Originally Posted by Tiny
without any detailed and annotated and footnoted and cited and referred to by academics, peer reviewed study

and without something I can paste that, if properly read and understood, works against my thesis in the same manner that most things wtf copies and pastes in here seems to always work against his position but he doesn't know it

it has been my contention that even sans inflation, globalism and its attendant silicon valley digital recreations of scrap books that made billionaires out of kids and suckers out of everyone else swiped vast collective wealth from the rust belt and elsewhere, places where men work and raise families, and sent that wealth to international corporations and the west coast, which left the workingman in despair and with the advice from dimocrats to "learn to code"

and while obama, the ever so wise and sage leader, proclaimed:

“When somebody says, like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well, how exactly are you going to do that?
What are you going to do?

There’s no answer to it.
He just says, well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.

How exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have and usually the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.”

and yet trump did it for America and the workingman and began to build back jobs
  • WTF
  • 11-19-2021, 07:15 AM

and yet trump did it for America and the workingman and began to build back jobs Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
You fallacy was addressed in my post below.

Basically it says stfu with crowing at noon and trying to take credit for the Sunrise. I'll, for argument sake, concede you credit for sunshine after noon.

What the graphs show is that the trends started BEFORE the start of 2018 but did continue after. Until the Covid shutdown.

So it is a stretch to say the tax cuts and deregulation was the cause. In fact....it might even be a huge distortion of the facts.

What can truthfully be stated is that those two things (tax cuts-deregulation) did not ,short term,
negatively effect those trends.

But an decent analog in this case would be that that Sunrise had been out for a couple of hours, the Rooster crowed, the Sun continued its trajectory until clouds and an afternoon thunderstorm named Covid ruined a perfectly good day.

I do not concede the Rooster was the reason for sunshine after crowing and I dang sure would not give him credit for the sunshine before the Roostet took to crowing! Originally Posted by WTF
  • Tiny
  • 11-19-2021, 07:47 AM
without any detailed and annotated and footnoted and cited and referred to by academics, peer reviewed study Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Nevergaveitathought, I partly agree. I don’t believe the west coast companies like Google and international corporations are the problem. Globalism, the way I’d define it, has made the USA and other countries more prosperous.

I do believe the Republicans’ corporate tax cuts and Trump’s deregulation made the rust belt and middle America a lot more competitive. When foreign companies pay 20% income tax and when many American companies are paying 39%, including state income taxes, it’s hard to compete. Not only did the corporate tax law changes decrease the maximum rate, they made it more difficult to avoid taxes on foreign income and reduced the motivation to keep money stashed outside the country, thus further encouraging multinationals to add jobs in the USA. And over-regulation, as you well know, is a burden on business and a job killer.
^ the issue with Globalism is we US supporting the rest of the world just think China gonna give money away yea okay Just think south China sea ,,Hmm Just like the climate BS , No other large country has the same commitments Hmm
Nevergaveitathought, I partly agree. Originally Posted by Tiny
which part? this part?

'most things wtf copies and pastes in here seems to always work against his position but he doesn't know it"
  • WTF
  • 11-19-2021, 09:43 AM
which part? this part?

'most things wtf copies and pastes in here seems to always work against his position but he doesn't know it" Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Your ignorance on the subject matter is why you continue to post such nonsense.

You have no intelligent response to the fact that the trajectory was already headed up when Trumps tax cuts took place. The article posted did not go further than 2018 so your premise is stupid AF.
Your ignorance on the subject matter is why you continue to post such nonsense.

You have no intelligent response to the fact that the trajectory was already headed up when Trumps tax cuts took place. The article posted did not go further than 2018 so your premise is stupid AF. Originally Posted by WTF
did I prick a prick?

or touch a nerve?

are you upset?
  • WTF
  • 11-19-2021, 09:50 AM
did I prick a prick?

or touch a nerve?

are you upset? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Your ignorance is mildly annoying on one hand but a blessing on the other.
  • WTF
  • 11-19-2021, 09:55 AM

I do believe the Republicans’ corporate tax cuts and Trump’s deregulation made the rust belt and middle America a lot more competitive. When foreign companies pay 20% income tax and when many American companies are paying 39%, including state income taxes, it’s hard to compete. . Originally Posted by Tiny
You can believe what you want but the facts tell a different story.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...th-inequality/

If you look at the graph provided in the link, you'll see that income leveled out in 2011 at 65k and the trajectory took off in 2013 and all the way up to 74k. You can not attribute that to a tax cut that had not happened.
  • Tiny
  • 11-19-2021, 10:11 AM
You can believe what you want but the facts tell a different story.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...th-inequality/

If you look at the graph provided in the link, you'll see that income leveled out in 2011 at 65k and the trajectory took off in 2013 and all the way up to 74k. You can not attribute that to a tax cut that had not happened. Originally Posted by WTF
What does that have to do with competitiveness of American businesses? By "middle America", I mean the USA excluding the east and west coasts, for example, nevergaveitathought's Rust Belt.

As to median household income and unemployment, I've been careful to say 2019 performance was partly attributable to the corporate tax cuts. You look like you're intent on showing some kind of correlation solely based on who's president with individual economic indicators. Which makes only a little more sense than, say correlating stock market performance to whether an NFC or AFC team won the Super Bowl. And you know that.
What does that have to do with competitiveness of American businesses? By "middle America", I mean the USA excluding the east and west coasts. Originally Posted by Tiny
you will be exasperating yourself if you get in a circular nowhere
  • Tiny
  • 11-19-2021, 10:22 AM
you will be exasperating yourself if you get in a circular nowhere Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Well, hey, it's less exasperating than going back and forth in the COVID threads. You're right though. WTF and I have gone back and forth on this and similar issues for years. Maybe it's time to throw in the towel.
But an (sic) decent analog (sic) in this case would be that that Sunrise had been out for a couple of hours, the Rooster crowed, the Sun continued its trajectory until clouds and an afternoon thunderstorm named Covid ruined a perfectly good day.

I do not concede the Rooster was the reason for sunshine after crowing and I dang sure would not give him credit for the sunshine before the Roostet (sic) took to crowing! Originally Posted by WTF

^^^ Can anyone decipher this gibberish?

The working man has been getting screwed since 1980. Some say since 1970. Let's take a look at the Gini Coefficient... Originally Posted by WTF

Oh look! There's that buzzword again! Wtf hasn't used it in months!

Hahaha... you pretentious little pseudo-economist twat! Got a link?

Can you even explain what the Gini is and how it's calculated? Also please tell us about its flaws and inadequacies as a measure of inequality...

You like to proclaim all manner of shit you know nothing about! Originally Posted by lustylad