NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Bigtex, you actually think that kubes is a good coach??? He can only deliver a .500 record with your top 5 best qb??? Just on Texan team talent alone over kubes career we should have at least a .600 winning percentage. Heck with a top 5 qb we should have a 70% win %. McNair got tired of watching kubes hire shitty d coordinators and forced the Wade Phillips move. He should have just canned kubes ass and brought in cowher or gruden. With kubes coaching not to lose and his conservative play calling we will never get the super bowl win we all want!!!

Have a speedy recovery schaub! That will be the only time you can use speedy AND schaub in the same sentence.
He should have just canned kubes ass and brought in cowher or gruden. Originally Posted by Daddio
I keep seeing this shit time after time after time on this and the Texan message boards. You guys keep harping on Gruden and Cowher, like it's a given they will come here. Who says they even care about coaching the Texans?

You guys need to get over the Gruden and Cowher stuff and move on to other names that may want a job as the Texan head coach.
Bigtex, you actually think that kubes is a good coach??? He can only deliver a .500 record with your top 5 best qb??? Just on Texan team talent alone over kubes career we should have at least a .600 winning percentage. Heck with a top 5 qb we should have a 70% win %. McNair got tired of watching kubes hire shitty d coordinators and forced the Wade Phillips move. He should have just canned kubes ass and brought in cowher or gruden. With kubes coaching not to lose and his conservative play calling we will never get the super bowl win we all want!!!

Have a speedy recovery schaub! That will be the only time you can use speedy AND schaub in the same sentence. Originally Posted by Daddio
I don't believe I said Kubes was a "good coach," did I? In your rush to judgement, that is what you wanted me to say but it is not what I actually said. What I said was, "Kubes is a .500 coach or thereabouts!"

As for the implication that all we had to do was to go out and sign Cowher or Gruden and they would come running to Reliant Stadium, it just goes to show how naive you really are. I agree with DJ, neither of them said or implied they would like to have the Houston job. Since you are grossly lacking in credibility, I am not going to take your word for it. If either said they were ready to come to Houston, please provide the link or STFU!

FYI, STFU is not a university!

Get well soon Andre and Schaub!
Wow, I was just saying that Kubes lost my vote for Coach of the year, but some of you fellers want him out already? LOL. Gotdamn, its like Satin said, we got some real bandwagon jumpers here. On again, off again. Is this really a love-hate relationship or what? That game was a huge disappointment coaching wise, but I still like Kubes as our coach. AND if Wade decides to stick around for awhile, they could make one of the greatest 1-2 punches at coaching the game has ever seen. All we would need is a GREAT QB!.. No pun intended for u fellers on that other BS.

Well, its starting to boil down to 3 teams all battling for a WC spot to face us here in round 1. Looks like either Cincy, Jets, or Raiders... Provided Dre is back, I like our chances against any one of them...

BTW looks like cowgirls are sliding down and out of the picture. That Romo injury reminds me of the time when I made the wise decision to beat a brick wall with my fist. If it is what it looks to be (boxer's fracture). He'll be out for next game in Giantville and most likely any other playoff game if they get so lucky to have one.

Could this be what Romo's X-Ray looked like?

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLERS

I'm in the last week, in the Championship game of my Fantasy league, and ROMO IS MY STARTER!! But I'm still up by 30 with a little time remaining. Malcom Floyd from the Chargers has been HUGE for me. My opponent still has Jemichael Finley and Lance Moore left to play. Craaaazy.
Cowher said he was interested when it was speculation that kubes might get axed after last year. I have really started to like gruden since his qb training shows have aired on espn. I believe cowher said it while on the NBC pre game show during last season after watching several Texan games that were very similar to what we have just witnessed. I dont think gruden ever expressed much interest, he has it pretty Cush

Bt I would gladly pay your tuition to STFU. Fuck you could easily earn a scholarship by all of us on the board.

I view kubes like a lot of failed head coaches, good coordinator but not a true leader and not competitive or tough enough on his team.
Great great great post one eye willy. I am finally ready for christmas. You are the man.
Wow, I was just saying that Kubes lost my vote for Coach of the year, but some of you fellers want him out already? LOL. Gotdamn, its like Satin said, we got some real bandwagon jumpers here. On again, off again. Is this really a love-hate relationship or what? That game was a huge disappointment coaching wise, but I still like Kubes as our coach. AND if Wade decides to stick around for awhile, they could make one of the greatest 1-2 punches at coaching the game has ever seen. All we would need is a GREAT QB!.. No pun intended for u fellers on that other BS.

Well, its starting to boil down to 3 teams all battling for a WC spot to face us here in round 1. Looks like either Cincy, Jets, or Raiders... Provided Dre is back, I like our chances against any one of them...

BTW looks like cowgirls are sliding down and out of the picture. That Romo injury reminds me of the time when I made the wise decision to beat a brick wall with my fist. If it is what it looks to be (boxer's fracture). He'll be out for next game in Giantville and most likely any other playoff game if they get so lucky to have one. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I am comfortable with Kubes as the head coach. I stated last year that if McNair fired Kubes my first choice to replace him would be Cowher. Dopey Dude seems to think that all we had to do was give Cowher a shout and he would come riding in on a white horse and everything would be fine. Perhaps that is the way they do things in Dopeyville but it is not how things are done in the NFL.

I believe Kubes really grew into the job this year and I will give he and Wade credit for molding an excellent team in 2011. He deserves a chance to return in 2012 and hopefully he will be able to continue the building process. We were very close this year but the injury bug has finally caught up with us. I hope we will win a playoff game or two but if I were betting mega dollars on the outcome, I would be extremely hesitant to put even money on Houston.

Get well soon Andre and Schaub and here's hoping that both of you will have a healthy and prosperous 2012 NFL season!
I knew the Texans losing to Indy was a great thing! Rams lost today, tying them with Indy for the worst record.

Rams are at home against the Niners next week
And the RED HOT COLTS are on the road against the Jags.

So basically, Blaine Gabbert is going to decide one of the biggest games in NFL history. If the Colts win, Luck will not even be in our CONFERENCE.
Rams lost today, tying them with Indy for the worst record.
So basically, Blaine Gabbert is going to decide one of the biggest games in NFL history. If the Colts win, Luck will not even be in our CONFERENCE.
So you saying that they will trade Bradford and his huge contract, then draft Luck? Since Bradford is injury prone and has the last of the big pre-new bargaining agreement contracts. You think they could get somebody to take him, and that huge financial hit??? (His contract is almost 3x per year more than Cam Newton's, which will probably be close to what Luck will get.)

Who would take Bradford right now? Just saying it's not a given that St Louis will be in a position to take him, but they will get a lot of offers for the spot. I just don't see the Rams taking Luck, they can't afford it.

Now we have to play the game of who would give St Louis what they need for that pick. Titans maybe?? They need a QB bad. That would suck.................(Remember Andrew's daddy played for Bud Adams once.)
If the consensus is unanimous that Luck should be the overall number 1 pick of the draft, it doesn't matter what the existing QB situ is with the team holding the number 1 pick. They are going to draft Luck and trade/keep him or act like they are going to draft him and trade the pick.

This doesn't look like the Williams/Bush/Young draft but we really won't know until after the combine.
If the consensus is unanimous that Luck should be the overall number 1 pick of the draft, it doesn't matter what the existing QB situ is with the team holding the number 1 pick. They are going to draft Luck and trade/keep him or act like they are going to draft him and trade the pick.

This doesn't look like the Williams/Bush/Young draft but we really won't know until after the combine. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Damn, I must be having a brain fart. I actually agree with Turdfly!
Loose to Titans to face them again in round 1?.. not sayin.. just thinking. Hmmm..
We can rest some key players, get more film, and get a familliar opponent for 1st round...
It wouldn't be in the bag unless BAL wins vs CINCY and DEN wins vs KC.
BAL needs the W to stay @ #2. DEN needs a w as well.
We're locked in to #3 so interesting....
Loose to Titans to face them again in round 1?.. not sayin.. just thinking. Hmmmmm Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Damn guys, this is not rocket science! We need positive momentum, not a 3rd loss in a row. Let's worry about who the Texan's will be playing in the playoffs after beating the Titans. We need to get back to scoring 27 points a game and the rest should take care of itself.
I disagree, no need for more injuries. Let Tennessee show their hand. I think Cinci gets the last playoff spot, regardless.

Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme are probably capable of beating them with the second stringers anyway.