NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

It's good to see Limp Dick Bigtex and his same old tired attempt of a rag on me. He is very much like his idol Matt "Dopey" Schaub. BT is one trick limp dick pony, just like Dopey who keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again. He is a pick 6 machine.

Here is a suggestion for you BT, go get some snatch and write a fucking review. Your last review was in 2012. Poor bastard is truly a limp dick. I suspect all your reviews are on the Homo Eccie website now.

It's also good to see you still enjoy teabaggin and gravy training on what boardman has to say. At least he has some football knowledge unlike you!!!

You can never live down your love of Dopey!! LOL.
Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
And Dopey Dude Daddio will never live down his love for JFF's cock!

Hey DDD, have you personally measured it yet?
Texans lost today. They are now 6-6 just average but what else can you expect. Except for JJ and Hopkins the talent is average especially at QB. Texans could lose the last 4 but based on what I have seen of the Pats they might have a chance for a win

Nevertheless good win Texans. Four in a row. Enjoy it because you will be tested the next two weeks with the Bills and especially the Patriots.
Originally Posted by kerwil62
Yep, their asses got tested today. And they failed.

They can't win close games if they can't move the ball in the 4th quarter. And that coverage couldn't have been any more blown on that last 40yd TD pass Taylor threw.

Yeah the a Patriots got upset at home by the Eagles, but they know how to move that ball down the field late in the game, something the Texans can't seem to do.

I still stand by my prediction. Patriots will win.
Dopey did it again, another pick 6!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

BT will bring his weak ass rag in3,2,1.........
Raise your hand if you thinck the Patriots are going to loose three in a row.
I hope so fuck them
The Bills matched up well against what the Texans were trying to do. Texans coverage sucked. Too much man on man is killing them. Taylor got lucky that Watt or Cush didn't get a clean shot on him, someone will and he won't last in this league for long if he continues to play like that. The middle LB's were very ineffective and the OLB lost contain too many times on Taylor. This may have been Clowney's worst game in that regard. He was going hard to the QB but failed to seal the edge or contain Taylor.

Kevin Johnson got a real taste of the NFL. They've been going at him hard the last few weeks and he's been performing. Watkins is one of the best receivers in the leauge. The failure to give him over the top help on Watkins was glaring and that's why they kept going at him. It's pretty obvious that the Bill's real talent is limited to a couple of players, McCoy and Watkins. The run game went away when McCoy was in concussion protocol. He may be one of the quickest player to the hole they've seen so far this year.

If J Jo had been guarding Watkins more he might have been able to sucker an INT out of Taylor. He's got a little more experience doing that than Johnson does, obviously. K Jo almost had a pick six when he got to come back in but couldn't catch the damn ball. They were right to pull him for a while because he was losing confidence but they never should have put him in that position to begin with. K Jo hopefully will learn from the experience.

Hoyer had a good game last week with some accuracy on deep and intermediate routes after watching Yates the week before. He had nothing this week and couldn't hit a receiver in stride to save his life. Slant routes don't work if you throw behind the receiver and that's what he was doing. I expect him to revert back to throwing the passes he is comfortable with next week against the Pats and they will have that shit covered. All they need to do is drop the linebackers to just before the first down line. Hoyer will throw those 5 yard passes and hope the receiver can make a move but he won't throw them open to make a first down.

Grimes ran with some authority early but fizzled late. They're overusing the wildcat.

Griffin knocked that one guy the fuck out right at the end of the game. I bet he's still seeing stars. It was probably the best pass Hoyer threw all game. Griffin is a serious weapon if they'll use him and it helps get coverages figured out when they have to commit a safety to him. TE's are key to making this offense click. The play needs to get more consistent and those fuckers have to be willing to block like a lineman. Griffin got a bad call on that one chop block. The dude was not engaged with anyone but him. That should be a legal block. He was right in front of him.

Special teams mistakes, especially punts was terrible. They've got to get that figured out. Can't continue to give up an extra 10 yards for ineligible player mistakes.

It's going to take a Cincy like effort to pull of a win against the Pats. I think Belichick will be looking at this as a get right game. They won't be making the mistakes they made yesterday. That means they will probably go into the final stretch against the division at 6-7 having to win all three and hoping Indy founders to even get a sniff at the division. 2nd place in the AFC south will be watching the playoffs not participating.
The way the Jags and Titans played yesterday I see the Texans lose to one of them.
The horrible Titans beat an even worse Jaguars,
The wildcard is Mariota. Texans will have to contain him, he can't be pulling of any 85 yard runs. Make the rookie make mistakes with his arm instead of giving him chances to make plays with his legs.
You know what you've got with Bortles. He had a good day yesterday, statistically, but it was against a terrible defense. They may lose one but they shouldn't.
We have a chance with the Pats with how weak their O Line is. Brady could still tear us apart with quick drops and slants.
We have a chance with the Pats with how weak their O Line is. Brady could still tear us apart with quick drops and slants. Originally Posted by Fishpie
And that's exactly what has killed us this year. Texans DBs play as far off their man in man coverage as anyone you'll see. They went to more zone to coverage to take some of that away.

Zone coverage has it's weakness too. A good QB and receivers that can recognize zone pre snap will pick it apart
No one is better at reading a defense than Brady and getting the ball out quick when he senses the pressure is coming. He'll be able to negate the pass rush by doing that.

The Texans were able to stop Dalton from doing that by using more zone coverage and disguising it well. Brady has film to watch of them doing that now.

I heard an analyst recently talking about what makes Brady so good.
He put it something like this. Brady's brain runs a 4.1 forty when it comes to running that offense.

If they can't disguise the coverage and jump some routes it'll be a long night on the field for the defense.
I knew before the season began the DBs were the weak link in the D. On paper our D Line is legendary but with as weak as the DBs are a pass happy offense can make the D Line look insignificant.
You're welcome, Steelers 45 Colts 10
Watt just broke his hand in practice. Had a cast on it