Enough is Enough

I seen a hammerhead once
I seen a hammerhead once
I am in disagreement that abuse and bullying is allowed to begin with.

Name calling, disrespect, attacks - it is all abuse, plain and simple. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Enough is enough

Hooktard alert........hooktard alert.........hooktard alert.........hooktard alert

At times it may be "plain"........but, it is never "simple"........ijs
A hooktard, 2 fucktards and a Modtard walk into a bar....

..... bartender (we'll call him Mr. GoPop) says "may I see your ID?"

Which one is the astronaut?
Can you give me an example of where the board guideline was broken and the person was not disciplined? Keep in mind that only staff and the disciplined person know if they were disciplined or not. And that we do not remove or edit posts except in extreme cases. Originally Posted by Pistolero
I am in disagreement that abuse and bullying is allowed to begin with.

Name calling, disrespect, attacks - it is all abuse, plain and simple. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Once again, can you give me ONE example of what you are talking about, subject to what I said above.

For example, if a member were to say " Wakeup, you are an asshole". They would be disciplined. But the statement would stand in the thread. We do not remove comments, unless they are serious violations. The general membership does not see the points,warnings and etc which go on constantly.

So, one example?
I've read this thread on and off and considering the last few posts what I find interesting is you have people that can start threads calling attention to how others advertise in a negative way - but they are just being helpful knowing full well that ridicule of the ads will be given but they don't consider that rude or degrading behavior (there are two recent examples of that in coed and if someone did that to either of those OPs I wonder how they would react), then there are some people who when their opinion is objected to or a different one is given, throw the blanket "this site is full of assholes" out there but they skirt the line just enough by not attaching it to a name, yet those people are the ones that want it to be better or for people to be nicer to each other. It seems that if you're not agreeing with them or kissing their ass - I mean being nice to them - then you're wrong or rude or whatever but I could have sworn we were all entitled to an opinion and free to express it. Is it ok for one poster to go through a thread that has nothing to do with her and quote multiple messages about her dealings with another provider but that same poster has no problem in stating that others lurk for drama. It should not be but it happens and if someone were to call that person on it then they are just being rude. I don't think so but what can you do?

Let's be real, this is a membership based somewhat private forum and if you post on the forum people will respond, whether they agree with you or not, whether they can use the same level of intellect as you in their response or not, they will respond with their opinions of what you posted. You can't control who responds or how they respond so if you only want sunshine and blue sky responses it's best not to post. We post reviews and people respond negatively to the reviews but what can you do - not post a review or post your experience and move on? We post ISOs and people respond with opinions, examples of their encounter, or warnings to beware, or messages about who or where you are asking your ISO of, again, what can you do - either don't ask or be open to the answers given.

Everyone loves to talk about who sticks up for who and how some get away with all kinds of crap and others don't but the reality is we are not in grade school, we are here for an exchange of commerce and services, we all have a comfort level of the commerce and services we like to exchange, we all have different opinions of who and how some of the exchanges will take place, and we ALL are free to and will express our opinions from time to time no matter who agrees or disagrees.

The original message was a nice effort but the OP has no more right to tell others how to post or act than those that attempt to tell him how to post or act. The ignore button works great - I'm glad some have me on it to be honest because I would rather not exchange information with someone who can't hold a rational intelligent conversation and if they feel my posts are irrational or cluttered with ignorance then there you go - hit ignore - but don't think for one moment that because you don't like how someone responds or reacts they are wrong and you are right and they don't have the right to express their opinions or thoughts on an issue. Given the nature of this board we are all legally wrong so get over it, enjoy your exchange with those that enjoy the exchange with you, and stop acting like grade school kids running to the principle's office and telling on every poster that you don't like or agree with.
The original message was a nice effort but the OP has no more right to tell others how to post or act than those that attempt to tell him how to post or act. Originally Posted by poppy71
And.... There it is.....
Sooooo………will a Mod close this thread now???
Nope
What JaD said in post #727 & #729.
The fact that this thread has gone on for 49 pages is a testament to how bored people really are.
The fact that this thread has gone on for 49 pages is a testament to how bored people really are. Originally Posted by Lexieinhouston
I only have 19 pages...but I'm sure we see the same number of posts
Once again, can you give me ONE example of what you are talking about, subject to what I said above.

For example, if a member were to say " Wakeup, you are an asshole". They would be disciplined. But the statement would stand in the thread. We do not remove comments, unless they are serious violations. The general membership does not see the points,warnings and etc which go on constantly.

So, one example? Originally Posted by Pistolero
What if I call dearhunter an ashole?
That's like saying the sky is blue, or water is wet. Facts are Not violations.
What about deerhunter?