Egypt pyramids - Peru machu picchu

cloe: don't book anything through TripAdvisor.....just reasearch it then find the real deal. TA is just a broker limiting your options and charging extra for the service.

Lukbak: I don't disagree that the condition exists and that it can't be deadly. But your first example was lame at best. On a trip I was on, one of the members took ill the second day and got worse each day. Fortunately, on that trip he didn't slow down the campaign but he did miss most of the activities planned. I'm not sure if the meds you mention rid the symptoms and allow full participation or just prevent death.

On that campaign, the outfitter I was with reported he frequently sees the symptoms and they are worse in people that allow zero days acclimation time. Best example would be the dumbfucks that flight in the night before then the next morning try to climb a volcano LMAO pretty dumb w/ or w/o the sickness. Activities like that shouldn't be so rushed.

More later....
sorry for incomplete or typos

had to go

still gone
How curious, I plan on visiting Machu Picchu around that time too. Except, being the slob that I am, I will be taking the train/bus up there haha. Are you going to book the Inca-trail tour from tripadvisor or something like that? Originally Posted by chloelc
I gotta know if you're going there to bone up on your Quechua so as to perfect your Yma Sumac tribute performance.
Hi chloe, greetings from west coast. I am planning to leave around 4th week of may (+|-) 4 days. No I am not using the trip advisor. A friend of mine from national geographic is helping me out. He has spent considerable amount of time in that area. Cheers
^^^^ if you need to buy government entry passes, be sure to check the status of those now. Some gates sell out months in advance.

lemme know if you need help but your contact should be good.

oh....packing my mochila right now for a domestic campaign.

gotta go
GS 10 4 passes are in order sir. Thank you
ok....at ease.

my fuckin pack heavy today. too much stuff.
GS it's a tendency sir to pack little bit more and thus the weight. Go thought the list again and I have found that you can shed couple of pounds. Based on your mission consider special nylon shirts, underwear and socks. They are light weight and you can wash them everyday with a spare. Off course a back up shoe is recommended. REI has some good stuff for high adventure.....good luck to you sir...
Haha, now I feel a little dumb for mentioning tripadvisor. Hey, it works when you don't have any connections, lol!

But there is more to Peru than just Machu Picchu, I would love to go to the Uros Islands in Puno too...
Yup Latin America is beautiful. I have plans to explore The amazon river from start to finish later this summer. Plan to visit Nicaragua and Uruguay next year. Utilize the time with some quality excursions. Cheers
Saw a movie once about some pyramids that had some deadly vines, think the vines killed the people who got on them , js
I would be more worried about a particular spider than any vines from some movie, LOL.

This spider comes to mind...............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0VtHez9xI

C1....I'm all over the lightweight stuff and suggest that to newbies too...i tell even the car campers, stop taking so much. go light. all car camping should add is.....

.....an electric blanket lmao

edit: crickets....and coyotes now....and brrr cold for april.

and lucky to get a signal now but I won't explain how lol