TEXAS HEALTHCARE compared

Why don't they stay in California? I know a number of engineers in Wichita that aren't moving with Boeing when they move out. Why don't the employees just stay in California?

And please provide a link to your claim that the original settlers here were criminals facing the death penalty. I'd be curious to see it. Because I think that's bullshit.
People are fleeing California in droves; they are not just coming to Texas, but to Utah, Oregon, Arizona, Idaho, and North Carolina....anywhere but the disaster zone of California....

Waverunner (and others) ignore the fact that people are fleeing California to states with both good and bad healthcare, education and other quality of life statistics....

The facts are clear, people are leaving the sinking ship....they aren't being lured because of greedy captialists, but are being squeezed out by destructive Progressive politics.
Sinking ship? How can that be? Gov. Brown just approved a high speed rail between San Francisco and Los Angeles. The state must be overflowing with money.
People are fleeing California in droves; they are not just coming to Texas, but to Utah, Oregon, Arizona, Idaho, and North Carolina....anywhere but the disaster zone of California....

Waverunner (and other arguements) ignores the fact that people are fleeing California to states with both good and bad healthcare, education and other quality of life statistics....

The facts are clear, people are leaving the sinking ship....they aren't being lured because of greedy captialists, but are being squeezed out of the Golden State by greedy Progressives. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That's really great to hear, so very soon we won't have traffic jams anymore and California will be the sanctuary where everyone wants to go for holidays.

You also will have a declining tax base, can you say no hora de fiesta?
California is headed off the cliff; the combination of the hispanic demographic trend along with declining economic base will wreck havoc in the state....

Unless Hispanics’ upward mobility improves, the state risks becoming more polarized economically and more reliant on a large government safety net. But with policies that make it nearly impossible to invest and grow business in the state, California is putting themselves behind the 8-ball.

The saving grace, for California and the US, could be the little noticed trend of 2nd generation hispanics tend to be more conservative than their predecessors, thus state politics could swing more center and more sensible, as 2nd and 3rd generation hispanics gain political power (local, county, and state).

The Californians in the worse situation will be the blacks (again); because they exclusively attach their future to the Democratic Party, they will take the brunt of the coming economic storm, losing ground to the Asian and Hispanics of the state.

Not my analysis, but from Heather McDonald at the very respected City Journal.

http://www.city-journal.org/2012/22_...ographics.html
What is 8-ball? Never heard of it!
Why don't they stay in California? I know a number of engineers in Wichita that aren't moving with Boeing when they move out. Why don't the employees just stay in California?

And please provide a link to your claim that the original settlers here were criminals facing the death penalty. I'd be curious to see it. Because I think that's bullshit. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That sounds more like Australia. I think he's confused. Actually, I'm sure he's confused.
Yeah, wave, but we've got no state income tax!

And, by the way, no real source of state revenue...

I know Texans who will agree with your disdain of our health care system and educational system and transportation system and tax system (like me, for instance), but I don't know too many who wouldn't get a little pissed off by you dissin' the great state ... I'll take Texas, thank you, and do what I can to fix it. (BTW - it isn't bankrupt quite yet, at least not financially)

I have nothing against California ... not when Arizona and Utah are closer! (So is Mississippi).

And Whirlaway, did you mean siesta maybe? NICE!
Australia is a great country to live, One of the very few I might consider to live in, somewhere in the future.
Texas gave us Bob Wills. 'Nuff said.
How about those health care rates?
What about people with no money for car insurance?
What about record numbers of people on minimum wage?
What about really bad education?
What about even worse health care? Originally Posted by waverunner234
You're like the bankrupt guy that brags about his new Porshe, Rolex and new house. The Europeans used to brag about free healthcare, retiring at 50, 30 hour work week and two months paid vacation. Now they're bankrupt, just like California.
Europe is not bankrupt, a very minor part of it is.

FOOL!
Explain that to Germany.
Australia is a great country to live, One of the very few I might consider to live in, somewhere in the future. Originally Posted by waverunner234
Why would you assume they'd let you in?