When did the independent review section become a place for managers to advertise their ladies?

jealous much..? Originally Posted by honest_abe
Not really. I had my day in the sun long before you came around, and was easily as active. I just didn't live for the promotion. I get as much PA credit if 1 person reads my review, or 1,000.

Now that you've engaged me in conversation, help me understand your motivation. Are you getting something tangible out of all those gratuitous bumps, or do you really enjoy all the adulation? If the latter, is there a compromise we can reach to allow some of the other reviews to spend more than 15 minutes on the front page? I'm happy to tell you how great you are if that reduces the needless bumps.
Not really. I had my day in the sun long before you came around, and was easily as active. I just didn't live for the promotion. I get as much PA credit if 1 person reads my review, or 1,000.

Now that you've engaged me in conversation, help me understand your motivation. Are you getting something tangible out of all those gratuitous bumps, or do you really enjoy all the adulation? If the latter, is there a compromise we can reach to allow some of the other reviews to spend more than 15 minutes on the front page? I'm happy to tell you how great you are if that reduces the needless bumps. Originally Posted by TinMan
maybe i'm just a natural born horn dogg..!

i simply provide information on an information sharing site.. nothing more, nothing less..

go check out the front page of the review section and tell me what you see..? how many of my reviews are currently clogging up that page?

and even if they were.. so what??
I don't think anyone is saying your reviews don't add value. But the need to thank each person individually.. or bump with non valuable info is what they are commenting on.

Nothing wrong with being a heavy reviewer.. but there are days when I see multiple reviews by you with the most recent comment on all of them being some variation of "thanks". It doesn't add any additional value.
  • MW76
  • 09-26-2017, 11:52 AM
maybe i'm just a natural born horn dogg..!

i simply provide information on an information sharing site.. nothing more, nothing less..

go check out the front page of the review section and tell me what you see..? how many of my reviews are currently clogging up that page?

and even if they were.. so what?? Originally Posted by honest_abe
This isn't the place for picking a fight. If you can't play nice it may be best to not play at all.
I already explained "so what". Do I need to repeat myself?

And I don't begrudge your sharing of information. Most of your subsequent posts, however, include no new information, just you thanking someone who is thanking you. Why do you do that, if not for the bumps?

Today must be a slow day for you. No posts in the Indy section, and at the moment only one review on the front page. Contrast that with 12 posts on 5 different reviews (yours and others) yesterday. Thanks for giving other guys some space.
whatever you say dude.. (i'm not changing a damn thing)
  • MW76
  • 09-26-2017, 12:05 PM
whatever you say dude.. (i'm not changing a damn thing) Originally Posted by honest_abe
This site is for fucking not fighting. You two drama queens need to settle down.
yes master yoda..
  • MW76
  • 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Now we're getting somewhere!
whatever you say dude.. (i'm not changing a damn thing) Originally Posted by honest_abe
You never answered the question. Why do you do it? What's in it for you?
common courtesy..

and with that i will bid this thread a fond farewell..

i just realized that i've bumped this thread 8 times since this morning after all..!
That's ok if you bump this thread all you want. It's kinda about you, and it's not crowding out reviews.

If you're interested in common courtesy, try letting some other guys' reviews breathe a bit before you bump yours and your buddies' reviews. That would be the courteous thing to do.
I personally would like to see some sort of disclaimer at the top of the review notifying the reader if the hobbyist was given a discount to write it. I am not saying that valuable information cannot be obtained from the review, but the review is obviously tainted and inherently biased. I don't believe I have ever seen a "no" review from someone who received a discount. Thanks.
and with that i will bid this thread a fond farewell.. Originally Posted by honest_abe
I'll take the 'Under'.
  • MW76
  • 09-26-2017, 12:35 PM
That's ok if you bump this thread all you want. It's kinda about you, and it's not crowding out reviews.

If you're interested in common courtesy, try letting some other guys' reviews breathe a bit before you bump yours and your buddies' reviews. That would be the courteous thing to do. Originally Posted by TinMan
Now this is a man who loves stirring stuff up. I'll never understand why you keep perpetuating drama, but I admire your TOTAL commitment to doing it.