Are you going to watch the State of the Union address

No ELP, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. My alltime favorites. Originally Posted by seedman55
El Paso.....Marty Robbins?

I watched a good portion of it. It seemed he jumped from one subject to the next. As the camera moved about I noticed the expression on people's faces, they appeared disinterested. Some even had a smerk on their faces as if to be thinking "Yeah Right" . Biden was seated behind the President and Boehner was seated next to Biden. Biden did alot of smileing while Boehner had a stare that seemed to shoot right through the Camera. Overall I can't say Obama did a bad job delivering his speech, but it wasn't anything to write home about.
No ELP, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. My alltime favorites. Originally Posted by seedman55
How stupid of me. They are great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA
Actually, it won't be. It's political communication devised to set an agenda, lead some to act, and to isolate the opposition in public opinion. Truth isn't really a relevant measuring stick for most of the speech, especially that portion that pertains to the future. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Well stated and articulate way of saying, "Yes, it will be all bullshit." Without it sounding like that's what you're saying.

"Truth isn't a relevant measuring stick." I mean, that's AWESOME! And a perfect way to describe what Obama says. Truth is not relevant to him.

Great job, TTH!

That dude is a Okie I saw him on a ball game broadcast. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
you most likely did, since the game was in Norman
+1 Saw them in concert in San Diego; "Lucky Man" remains a favorite.

El Paso.....Marty Robbins?

Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
+1: LP, 8-Track, cassette, CD and now copied to MP3.

• Seedy
  • 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
+1 Saw them in concert in San Diego; "Lucky Man" remains a favorite.

+1: LP, 8-Track, cassette, CD and now copied to MP3.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Saw them 18 times over the years. When they played the CWM pavilion in the Woodlands, jason bonhams band was backup, two "kids" sitting in front of us were bragging how great a drummer Jason Bonham was, I got tired of hearing their bullshit, and asked them if they had ever seen Carl Palmer, they replied no, they went to see Bonham. Told them he could not shine Palmers shoes, they said yea, yea old man, you don't know jack shit. Well ELP, came out and cranked it up with Hoedown, and Palmer was his usual just fucking awsome. I tapped those two fuckers on the shoulder and said, now that is a percussionist, and the best in the world. They later agreed with me, said he was the most amazing drummer they had ever seen. To top it off, my best friend had backstage passes, to meet them, had some Heinekens, and shot the shit with em after the show for over an hour, some pretty down to earth guys. Got their autographs on my living room wall..

Sorry CC, never saw Marty Robbins....
Perhaps it's appropriate for a presidential State of the Union address to occur on Fat Tuesday.

What's the difference between a State of the Union address and Mardi Gras?

One is a silly spectacle that no thinking person should pay attention to.

The other is a colorful festival often involving a lot of eating and drinking!
Perhaps it's appropriate for a presidential State of the Union address to occur on Fat Tuesday.

The other is a colorful festival often involving a lot of eating and drinking! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Saw them 18 times over the years. When they played the CWM pavilion in the Woodlands, jason bonhams band was backup, two "kids" sitting in front of us were bragging how great a drummer Jason Bonham was, I got tired of hearing their bullshit, and asked them if they had ever seen Carl Palmer, they replied no, they went to see Bonham. Told them he could not shine Palmers shoes, they said yea, yea old man, you don't know jack shit. Well ELP, came out and cranked it up with Hoedown, and Palmer was his usual just fucking awsome. I tapped those two fuckers on the shoulder and said, now that is a percussionist, and the best in the world. They later agreed with me, said he was the most amazing drummer they had ever seen. To top it off, my best friend had backstage passes, to meet them, had some Heinekens, and shot the shit with em after the show for over an hour, some pretty down to earth guys. Got their autographs on my living room wall.. Originally Posted by seedman55

The other is a colorful festival often involving a lot of eating and drinking! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
+1 True dat!!!! Bourbon, breasts and beads on Bourbon! Fuck an Odumbo speech! "Laissez les bon temps rouler!"
Perhaps a Mardi Gras boobie thread?
That's always a winner!

Perhaps a Mardi Gras boobie thread? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
That's always a winner!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yes, I thought it very ironic, yet appropriate, that the State of the Union was on Mardi Gras evening. Gave a lot folks something better to do! As for me, I detected his lips were moving, therefore he was lying, therefore I did something productive for which I could send a client an invoice!

My name is Pistol Man and I approved this message!
Mardi Gras??? I was watching the big shoot out in California. Why? Did Obama make a comment about the shoot out? or I guess Mardi Gras? did Michelle show her tits?