Fact checkers absent under biden

First, the majority of voters want neither Trump nor Biden to run in 2024. I am with them. Second, at this point in time, 25 months before the next presidential election, Trump is a slight favorite to win. As I said, should Trump run whoever is his opponent is should pound into the minds of voters the crap Trump has pulled since the 2020 election. Trump will always have his base. He won in 2016 because many independent voters chose him over a very unlikeable candidate and he lost in 2020 because many of those independent voters who supported him in 2016 abandoned him. Simple as that. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

And now after seeing what 2 years of the Biden Progressives has brought, those same Independents are now voting for a generic Republican to replace Joe Biden and if Trump manages to wrangle that nomination, I predict a great number of the Independents I'm talking about, will compare Trump to Biden and go right back to Trump holding their nose like I did when I voted for him. I hope like Hell, I don't have to do it again but I will if it's the only way to stop this climate cult from destroying America.
First, the majority of voters want neither Trump nor Biden to run in 2024. I am with them. Second, at this point in time, 25 months before the next presidential election, Trump is a slight favorite to win. As I said, should Trump run whoever is his opponent is should pound into the minds of voters the crap Trump has pulled since the 2020 election. Trump will always have his base. He won in 2016 because many independent voters chose him over a very unlikeable candidate and he lost in 2020 because many of those independent voters who supported him in 2016 abandoned him. Simple as that. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
... You surely could've summed all this into one sentence
and just say "Salty is CORRECT - as usual" there, mate.

#### Salty
And now after seeing what 2 years of the Biden Progressives has brought, those same Independents are now voting for a generic Republican to replace Joe Biden and if Trump manages to wrangle that nomination, I predict a great number of the Independents I'm talking about, will compare Trump to Biden and go right back to Trump holding their nose like I did when I voted for him. I hope like Hell, I don't have to do it again but I will if it's the only way to stop this climate cult from destroying America. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
As I said, assuming Trump runs again in 2024, whoever the Democratic candidate is will focus solely on Trump's conduct since November 2020 to secure victory. I could never support Trump. I doubt I could support DeSantis. But there are several other Republicans I would support. Much too early to predict the 2024 election.
As I said, assuming Trump runs again in 2024, whoever the Democratic candidate is will focus solely on Trump's conduct since November 2020 to secure victory. I could never support Trump. I doubt I could support DeSantis. But there are several other Republicans I would support. Much too early to predict the 2024 election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Then you may be a better man than me because I could never support any of these present day Democrats who are not your father's Democrat. But I sure would like to see you identify one of these Republicans you could vote for. That would be "insightful" indeed.

Again, hope Trump doesn't run again and if I had the power, I would some how eliminate him from running even if that meant putting him in jail till after the 2024 election. But if he is the Republican nominee, I will have no choice but to vote for him the very same thing the Democrats who don't want Biden to run again will say which is fine with me because it means they are voting policies not people.

Just came to mind a Democrat I have respect for Harold Ford Jr. a regular on Fox news but respecting the man and voting for him are two different things.
Much too early to predict the 2024 election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

It's never to early to say who you could support. I've said before and got laughed at, predictable, but Tom Cotton ( no real Trump baggage lke DESANTIS ) would be my go to guy even over DESANTIS but if Trump or DESANTIS is the nominee, I will vote for them. I'm voting for DESANTIS in his re-election bid for Governor of the great state of Florida but I'll happily give him up for President.
Then you may be a better man than me because I could never support any of these present day Democrats who are not your father's Democrat. But I sure would like to see you identify one of these Republicans you could vote for. That would be "insightful" indeed.

Again, hope Trump doesn't run again and if I had the power, I would some how eliminate him from running even if that meant putting him in jail till after the 2024 election. But if he is the Republican nominee, I will have no choice but to vote for him the very same thing the Democrats who don't want Biden to run again will say which is fine with me because it means they are voting policies not people.

Just came to mind a Democrat I have respect for Harold Ford Jr. a regular on Fox news but respecting the man and voting for him are two different things. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
In 2016 there were several Republican candidates I could have voted for, the foremost being John Kasich. I really don't know who to support in 2024 on either side. I don't want Trump or Biden to run. I do like Tim Scott on the Republican side but I admit to not knowing a lot about him at this point in time.
Speed, Kasich what the guy I wanted in office 2016.

Guess that makes me a hardcore democrat.
  • Tiny
  • 03-04-2023, 09:28 AM
In 2016 there were several Republican candidates I could have voted for, the foremost being John Kasich. I really don't know who to support in 2024 on either side. I don't want Trump or Biden to run. I do like Tim Scott on the Republican side but I admit to not knowing a lot about him at this point in time. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Guess that makes me a hardcore democrat. Originally Posted by Precious_b
I voted for Kasich in the primaries. He would have made a good president.
  • Tiny
  • 03-04-2023, 09:30 AM
Oops, sorry to bump the old thread. I remember Precious_b writing recently that he would have voted for Kasich and wanted to give him a pat on the back. I did a search and picked the wrong thread.
SHHHH!!!

You gonna ruin my rep as a whiny libby and have people accuse you of lying about me.
In 2016 there were several Republican candidates I could have voted for, the foremost being John Kasich. I really don't know who to support in 2024 on either side. I don't want Trump or Biden to run. I do like Tim Scott on the Republican side but I admit to not knowing a lot about him at this point in time. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Guess that makes me a hardcore democrat. Originally Posted by Precious_b
I voted for Kasich in the primaries. He would have made a good president. Originally Posted by Tiny

can't find the post yet but i did post in 2016 in one of the many threads about the various Republican nominees that Kasich was the best establishment candidate and had the best chance of them to defeat Clinton. Trump of course was most certainly not an establishment candidate then and not really now even as a former president.

i did find this post where i took a poll of the many candidates and based on my answers then Cruz best fit my answers.

this CNN poll is a little dated, most of the candidates listed have dropped out by now but based on the quiz, my ideal candidate is ...

Ted Cruz. lol.

2nd place Rick Santorum
3rd place Donald Trump

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2016/...te-matchmaker/

so take the quiz and see who you match!

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

to my surprise the link still works so i retook it and some of my answers no doubt changed based on real events that have happened since then.

guess who the poll matched my answers with this time?

Trump!

Cruz second and Carly Fiorina third.

1st Place

Click on the candidate images for more info

Donald Trump

Share results with friends!

2nd Place

Ted Cruz

3rd Place

Carly Fiorina

the link in my quote still works if anyone wants to take the poll and see who your answers match up for the 2016 candidates, Republicans and Democrats, yes Clinton and Bernie are included.
I took that 2016 CNN quiz. the result was quite surprising.

1st Place

Donald Trump

2nd Place

Rand Paul

3rd Place

Ted Cruz
the surprise was rand paul at #2. I had picked Cruz to win the primary but he placed 3rd on this quiz.
  • Tiny
  • 03-05-2023, 08:41 PM
can't find the post yet but i did post in 2016 in one of the many threads about the various Republican nominees that Kasich was the best establishment candidate and had the best chance of them to defeat Clinton. Trump of course was most certainly not an establishment candidate then and not really now even as a former president.

i did find this post where i took a poll of the many candidates and based on my answers then Cruz best fit my answers.

to my surprise the link still works so i retook it and some of my answers no doubt changed based on real events that have happened since then.

guess who the poll matched my answers with this time?

Trump!

Cruz second and Carly Fiorina third.

1st Place

Click on the candidate images for more info

Donald Trump

Share results with friends!

2nd Place

Ted Cruz

3rd Place

Carly Fiorina

the link in my quote still works if anyone wants to take the poll and see who your answers match up for the 2016 candidates, Republicans and Democrats, yes Clinton and Bernie are included. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Rand Paul was my top pick in 2015 and Cruz was number two. However by the time the primaries were held in Texas, my opinion of Cruz had dropped a lot. He staked out a position on the far right on social issues, and he just wasn't an appealing general election candidate. The guy just comes across as shady and insincere. So I ended up voting for Kasich, who probably would have run up more votes in the general election against Hillary Clinton than Cruz or Trump.

I took a similar test some years ago and my top two matches were Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. I wouldn't vote for Kucinich in a million years, although there are things I like about him. For your 2016 test the results were just as bizarre -- Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina were my matches, in that order. I can guar-an-damn-tee you that Hillary would not have answered those questions anywhere close to the way I did. The moral of this story is that CNN is full of shit. They probably had the exam rigged to spit out Hillary as #1 every time, unless they figured from your answers you were a hopeless lost cause, like you and Dilbert.

I voted for Gary Johnson -- the best general election candidate since Ronald Reagan IMHO, although the rest of the country didn't see it that way.
And now after seeing what 2 years of the Biden Progressives has brought, those same Independents are now voting for a generic Republican to replace Joe Biden and if Trump manages to wrangle that nomination, I predict a great number of the Independents I'm talking about, will compare Trump to Biden and go right back to Trump holding their nose like I did when I voted for him. I hope like Hell, I don't have to do it again but I will if it's the only way to stop this climate cult from destroying America. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Very possible. Too early to make statements in concrete. But Indepedents will be the key voting factor in 2024 just as they were in 2016 and 2020. Biden's approval rating is at 43.4%, low but up 6% since last July. Trump is at 31% according to a recent Qunnipiac poll. I am not overly happy with Biden at all but I would never vote for Trump. But that does not mean I would not vote for a different Republican in 2024.