USS GABRIELLE GIFFORDS ??????? WTF !!!!!!!

• WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM
You only ASSume such a thing happens because you're just barely bright enough to realize you're too damn stupid to formulate a cogent argument of you own, you mentally crippled Yankee jackass.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IB please let me smack exNYer around on this one...for some reason he thinks after five years dead folks become apolitical.
Only someone with half a brain would think this was a good idea.
  • WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Only someone with shit for brains would be presumptuous enough to think he was the
arbitrator of good ideas

some with half a brain, is more than some with a full brain. lol
I have an idea. Let's sell the naming rights for warships and other military vehicles! We could reduce our deficit, and get the corporations who keep finding and creating wars for us to fight to fund them directly, instead of through lobbyists, like they do now. C'mon, it's a great idea! The USS Halliburton. PT Boat Home Depot. Swift Boat Heinz. Aircraft Carrier Boeing.

This is great! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Would the sale of naming rights be subject to the Fair Tax?
If someone shoots you in the head then you will be smart enough they will name a ship after you whirrly. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
If someone shoots you in the back of the head and the bullet exits over your eye you most likely will not live. I've never seen anyone live from a close range gun shot wound to the head. If by a remote chance you do live your family will be spoon feeding you for the remainder of your natural life.

Jim
Would the sale of naming rights be subject to the Fair Tax? Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
LOL! That's funny! Yes, I believe they would be.
This is a slap-in-the-face to the memory of men and women who are far more worthy and deserving of such an honor. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
+1 Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I completely agree. They should have named some government building after her, not a Navy ship. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Hardly. "The ship's sponsor will be Roxanna Green, the mother of Christina-Taylor Green, age 9, who was killed in the Tucson shooting that wounded Giffords in January 2011."

You conservatives have a double standard for everything, don't you? Patriotism, courage, service, honor, duty - Dems, Liberals and Progressives don't qualify for any of it, no matter what, but the most craven cowardly, lying, sniveling conservative (Bundy and his "patriots" militia men who were going to hide behind the women and children) is all that and a bag of chips to you without examination or reservation apparently. Pathetic, simply pathetic.

You know you wanted the ship named the U.S.S. Cliven Bundy, didn't you?

She was shot while performing the duties of her job which was serving the public. Exactly like a cop who gets injured or killed in the line of duty (plenty of police get injured or killed without ever getting the chance to pull their weapon or do anything heroic other than perform their duties). In fact it is also just like a soldier who gets injured or killed in the line of duty in or out of a combat zone. It takes no courage to be a soldier who goes to a combat zone - they get ordered there. There are plenty of safe non-stressful jobs in "combat zones" that take no courage and the odds of getting killed are less than driving a car (say supply Sargent or aircraft mechanic or latrine cleaner) yet you would probably classify that latrine cleaner a "hero" as long as he voted Tea Party even thought he was blown up by methane from improper cleaning of the latrine LOL.

"Mabus said courage has defined the Navy since it's inception, so it made sense to name the ship after someone "who has become synonymous with courage.

Giffords, a Democrat, resigned from Congress last month to focus on her recovery from a gunshot wound to the head after a gunman opened fire in January 2011 with a semiautomatic pistol on a crowd gathered outside a Tucson supermarket for a Congress-on-your-Corner event."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ielle-giffords

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Gab...s_%28LCS-10%29
If someone shoots you in the back of the head and the bullet exits over your eye you most likely will not live. I've never seen anyone live from a close range gun shot wound to the head. If by a remote chance you do live your family will be spoon feeding you for the remainder of your natural life.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
If someone shoots you in the head there would be no damage at all, as there is nothing there to damage.

You know you wanted the ship named the U.S.S. Cliven Bundy, didn't you? Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook
LordBieberDick, you know your asinine claim proves you're a lying, lib-retarded jackass, but you knew that, didn't you?

SPC Samuel Crockett is certainly among those who are more worthy and deserving. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
We have Nimitz Class Supercarriers named from Washington, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and GHW Bush.

Will we ever see a CVN Clinton or Carter?
We have Nimitz Class Supercarriers named from Washington, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and GHW Bush.

Will we ever see a CVN Clinton or Carter? Originally Posted by Jackie S
The U.S.S. Jimmy Carter has already been commissioned.
  • WTF
  • 04-26-2014, 08:59 AM
The U.S.S. Jimmy Carter has already been commissioned.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Carter was a '47 grad from the Naval Academy. His military credentials are way better than Reagans. I would argue that his presidentials' are too!

Reagan taught this country to cut taxes and increase government spending. Now we have a nation of freeloaders that want a bunch of government shit that do not want to pay for it. The only thing I would name after Reagan is our US Treasury's printing press.

Carter was a '47 grad from the Naval Academy. His military credentials are way better than Reagans. I would argue that his presidentials' are too!

Originally Posted by WTF
Yes, the *nuclear engineer* who wasn't a *nuclear engineer*. Do you suppose that there is any significance to the Jimmy Carter being a navy ship that sinks?
  • WTF
  • 04-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Yes, the *nuclear engineer* who wasn't a *nuclear engineer*. Do you suppose that there is any significance to the Jimmy Carter being a navy ship that sinks? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Reagan wasn't in the Navy and acted like he was pilot in the war in training videos.

http://us.search.yahoo.com/search?ei...I+traing+video

He wasn't even very good at that , he shot at our own P-40.