Hispanic cop J. Yanez found not guilty for shooting Philando Castile

Are you sure about that? Or is that your conclusion based on your own experiences.

Back to the conspiracy theory dialogue ....

What you know about the shooting is what you saw and heard on TV .... right?

So what was it about what you saw and heard on TV about the shooting leads you in the direction of speculating that the shooting may have been initiated by "the Government" ...
... and then to the "U.S. Government"?

At some point in time addressing your definition of a "lie" would be instructive and valuable. Because that would support or not support the requisite "intent" you would have to show in order to support the "conspiracy," since being simply mistaken about the facts reported would be "negligence" and not an intentional misrepresentation of the facts (which would suggest an underlying motive). Do you believe the current "media" (as a whole) is inclined to "lie" about the activities of the current administration in order to "protect" the current administration's alleged conspiracy to kill Republican U.S. Representatives? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I am not making any conclusion one way or the other. I am open to all the possibilities. The media has been known to lie in cases like these. They've done it before, they'll do it again. We don't live in a world of authenticity anymore so the truth is often distorted.

Jim
Apparently some who heard the actual evidence disagree with you.

While on that general topic I noticed in the news that Michael Brown's family got a payoff for the settlement of their lawsuit against the city/state for his death. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yea.. The city reps REALLY buggered that up. IF anything his family, cause of their consistent chants of "BURN THIS MUTHA DOWN" should be in JAIL for incitment to riot, and made to pay for ALL damages those riots caused. NOT getting a big payday like they won the frikken lottery..
Yea.. The city reps REALLY buggered that up. Originally Posted by garhkal
If you recall, the family lawyer was a close friend of the prosecutor and her husband, who was still in the city government at the time a demand was made to settle the matter.

I don't remember her name, and wish to forget her altogether.

May be Holder will offer her the job of Attorney General, if he manages to steal the White House, with the Russians' help, of course.
  • R.M.
  • 06-22-2017, 01:47 PM

While on that general topic I noticed in the news that Michael Brown's family got a payoff for the settlement of their lawsuit against the city/state for his death. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Now see how the media is playing it?
Now see how the media is playing it? Originally Posted by R.M.
You mean the media who thinks Eric Holder was lying when he reported no evidence of a wrongful shooting of Michael Brown? That media?

If the "media" told me the Sun was rising in the East ...

... I'd check it in the morning.
  • WTF
  • 06-22-2017, 02:30 PM

... I'd check it in the morning. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Which shows at least two traits :

Your selective media bias and...

your ignorance.
  • R.M.
  • 06-22-2017, 02:37 PM
You mean the media who thinks Eric Holder was lying when he reported no evidence of a wrongful shooting of Michael Brown? That media?

... I'd check it in the morning. Originally Posted by LexusLover
No they way we are viewing it on the tube.
No they way we are viewing it on the tube. Originally Posted by R.M.
I didn't know Michael Brown's shooting was video recorded.

I guess I missed that part. Distracted, no doubt, by the looting.

Just checking my memory ... There have been so many of these bogus claims against the police involving vandalism and looting with civil lawsuit claims after the criminal case is dismissed that I'm concerned I get them confused ... perhaps because they are the same tune, but different verses.....or versions.

Back to the thread topic ... every bad experience should be a learning opportunity .... and the "learning" today is .... if you are carrying even with a CHL make sure not to pull out your weapon to show the officer who just stopped you on a traffic stop, particularly when he's shouting at you to keep your hands off the gun.
  • R.M.
  • 06-22-2017, 09:42 PM
It sounded like he was going for his wallet. I need to go back and watch it.
It sounded like he was going for his wallet. I need to go back and watch it. Originally Posted by R.M.
The officer warned Castile three times 1) "Don't reach for it"; 2) "Don't pull it out"; 3) "Don't pull it out", before he ever drew his own pistol. During the trial, Castile's girlfriend admitted she didn't know what Castile was "reaching" for, but admitted that Castile was indeed "reaching" for something.
It sounded like he was going for his wallet. I need to go back and watch it. Originally Posted by R.M.
Even if that's what he was really doing, the fact he still had the gun sitting on his lap would make ANY cop nervous.

You think that's outrageous, a few days ago Trayvon Martin received an honorary aeronautics degree from a college in Florida.
You think that's outrageous, a few days ago Trayvon Martin received an honorary aeronautics degree from a college in Florida. Originally Posted by gnadfly
... "posthumously" ...

... an honorary Subterranean Excavation Degree would be appropriate.
It sounded like he was going for his wallet. Originally Posted by R.M.
Apparently the Jurors thought that it didn't "sound" like he was reaching for "his wallet" ... whatever that "sounds like" ...

... and since I didn't "hear" what they didn't hear, like the OJ Simpson case, the officer is "Not Guilty"!

The officer is entitled to the same Constitutional rights as civilians...although many officers forget that "principle."

This is just a guess, obviously, on my part, but I am guessing the same people who "object" to the Jury's verdict in the instant case of this thread at the same time believe it was "ok" for HillaryNoMore to NOT BE PROSECUTED for the allegations against her ... ANY OF THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HER DURING HER LIFE!