$4 Gas

I'll be charging at home overnight also. Originally Posted by Zollner
One of the local Ford dealerships had a Mach-E come in. I took it for a test drive. I really like it. Each dealership is going to get one for display and test drives only, not for sale. All orders will be new builds ordered online. No dealer intervention other than picking it up.
I would order now, but I want to see the other colors. The one
I drove was multicoat white (see photo). It looks sharp, but I' want to see the other colors before I decide. I want to see Space White, which looks white, or light gray depending on the lighting and angle. It's similar to a flip flop pearl finish. The silver also looks great in the photos and compliments the wheels .
There's a good chance I'll probably break my golden rule to never buy a car in the model's first year. Next year I'll bitch about it when the fix all the bugs and add cool shit that I want.

No pics of what’s under the hood whew
No pics of what’s under the hood whew Originally Posted by Carlos Danger
Lol.
There's a good chance I'll probably break my golden rule to never buy a car in the model's first year. Next year I'll bitch about it when the fix all the bugs and add cool shit that I want.

Originally Posted by Willie Wanker
Lease it. Lease deals have been great the last few years.

EVs have ~30% less parts than ICE vehicles, so less to worry about.
Besides there is a good chance the next EV you lease 3 years from now will have a completely new battery type and a host of other goodies if you look at what NIO EVs have. NIO has the bleeding edge EV technology currently that Detroit and even Tesla has yet to catch up and match.
Lease it. Lease deals have been great the last few years.

EVs have ~30% less parts than ICE vehicles, so less to worry about.
Besides there is a good chance the next EV you lease 3 years from now will have a completely new battery type and a host of other goodies if you look at what NIO EVs have. NIO has the bleeding edge EV technology currently that Detroit and even Tesla has yet to catch up and match. Originally Posted by Zollner
I'm not a fan of leasing. I have done well buying new and getting a great trade in value. I pamper my cars and my
mileage is low.
I also don't finance because I hate monthly payments. I also want. to have the freedom to make modifications that would likely go against a lease agreement. You're not the first person that's told me I should try a lease. I have compared the numbers many times, and have always done well buying and. getting about 60% of purchase price on trade in. The trade in value also greatly reduces the sales tax due on the new car. I can see why leasing might appeal to some, it's just not for me.
  • MsFox
  • 03-04-2021, 01:36 AM
I recently went to Hawaii. A gallon of milk was $9.00. Suddenly I was grateful that I'm lactose intolerant lol
I'm tempted to order a Rivian...800 hp..zero to sixty in 3 seconds for about what I paid for my stingray
In the past they would sink an oil super-tanker, blow up a refinery or an oil rig to create a fake oil shortage Originally Posted by Zollner
WOW!!!!!! That sounds like a “conspiracy theory.” What would the libtards think about your statement? I’d be very careful, “cancel culture” might be knocking your door down.
I'm extremely confident the following will happen from now on in oil costs.

$80-$85 barrel oil max cost, when prices reach this amount the fracking oil wells become profitable, OPEC will be pressured to increase production to maintain their marketshare from the USA.

With minimal output from fracking and an increased OPEC concern over marketshare, the price of oil will maintain between $60-$85 a barrel, what that correlates to in the price of gasoline is what it is, maybe a look historically what the rates were....

Its been five years since oil was $85+ a barrel... sometime in 2016 is when gas would have been its highest point, and we will not go above that mark.

A quick search says $3 a gallon was the national average with oil prices around $85 barrel oil.

I'll predict the cost of gasoline will not exceed a national average of more than $3 a gallon in the next handful of years, unless wars break out, or some significant variables that we can not see from this day forward.

Any person who blames the cost of oil on the POTUS is bias and can offer no facts to confirm their beliefs.
I'm tempted to order a Rivian...800 hp..zero to sixty in 3 seconds for about what I paid for my stingray Originally Posted by keeponrisin

Have you checked out the Tesla CyberTruck? I think it's ugly, but the specs on the triple motor version are insane. I'll admit, ugly as it is, I'd still consider getting one, but it won't fit in my garage.
One of the local Ford dealerships had a Mach-E come in. I took it for a test drive. I really like it. Each dealership is going to get one for display and test drives only, not for sale. All orders will be new builds ordered online. No dealer intervention other than picking it up. Originally Posted by Willie Wanker
My biggest problem with it is that it looks nothing like a Mustang. It reminds me of a Toyota Celica. But things do change.
Any person who blames the cost of oil on the POTUS is bias and can offer no facts to confirm their beliefs. Originally Posted by bf0082
When you stop pipeline jobs by executive order, halt oil exploration on federal lands by executive order, and threaten oilfield jobs in general then yes, you can blame POTUS.
My biggest problem with it is that it looks nothing like a Mustang. It reminds me of a Toyota Celica. But things do change. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
I agree. Ford Should have called it the Mach-E.
Have you checked out the Tesla CyberTruck? I think it's ugly, but the specs on the triple motor version are insane. I'll admit, ugly as it is, I'd still consider getting one, but it won't fit in my garage. Originally Posted by Willie Wanker
I've been contemplating the Tesla truck
I like the appearance..also the ramp..I may be able to drive my snowmobile into it