What is the definition of the word 'may'?

And since "management" isn't telling me to cool my jets, that should tell you all you need to know...again...
Why do you care LL? I've made a monetary investment in the board...that's all you need to know... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Let me guess...you bought a lifetime subscription cause you're obviously not getting credit for writing any reviews of hookers.
And since "management" isn't telling me to cool my jets, that should tell you all you need to know...again... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
............so you say.

There are times I wish you were a Marine, they have a thing about honor. There is nothing even close to being honorable about you.
With all due respect ...

I may have an "investment" in "Coca Cola," but I don't hang around in the head quarter's lobby and tell people rudely how to dress, act, and how much they should weigh when they come inside ...

... regardless of how much of an investment I may have.

And if I were to do that I would EXPECT "management" to advise me to cool my jets......

.. regardless of how much of an investment I may have.

Annually, I have made a monetary investment in this board. So what? Originally Posted by LexusLover
If you give a monkey a machine gun and he blows away people in the zoo, you don't blame the dumb animal, you blame the person/persons who gave him the machine gun.

wakeup is nothing more than a power hungry and highly rude animal (animal isn't anywhere near as rude as being called 'fat whores') and board management has given him a machine gun. Instead of controlling their animal, they turn a blind eye.

I've said this before and will say it again. If I'm a member of board management, there isn't a person that will be guilty of calling providers names like 'fat whores' or even 'whores' on my watch. There may be members of board management who don't like his conduct, but when this rudeness goes on as long as it has, and it has even allowed a couple of wakeup wannabees, something is wrong. I would resign versus being seen as one who would allow his actions.

This, plus the fact that the Poker tournament thread didn't hurt a thing, is why I blame board management more than wakeup. Don't get me wrong, wakeup is not an innocent, but when board management won't control the membership, they must be held to a higher level of accountability.

By the way, this isn't trolling or flaming, board disruption, disregarding staff, or staff harassment, but just my opinion.
So what exactly are you looking for DJ? My colleague put a pretty straight forward answer to your question "Why was it locked?" moreover the guideline pretty much explains our stance and protocol when handling threads of social gatherings.

You're absolutely correct Big Louie did not break any rules, hence he did not receive a warning or infraction. The guidelines states Big Louie can post notice of his social gathering but it's then followed by our terms and conditions regarding this matter.

The fact that Wakeup was able to post on various threads before a lock means nothing. Just like any other member if he post before the lock gets put on then he got lucky and in some cases, such as this one, his last post just happened to be correct information regarding the guideline. Our attention to this thread was brought on by an RTM and our decision to close it was based on the guideline...

............so you say.

There are times I wish you were a Marine, they have a thing about honor. There is nothing even close to being honorable about you. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
I wish you would've used another example, what one person can take away from this is that you think other servicemen are less honorable when compared to Marines. As a prior service member myself should i be offended by this post? No, it's your opinion and as such ill let you have your entitlement to it.
Mojojo, I've never seen you post in any matter that I could consider to be anything but honorable.
So...is this thread about me, or about the rule? Did you hijack your own thread?
DJ, as much as you do not like it:

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Definition of WHORE

: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman

: a male who engages in sexual acts for money

: a venal or unscrupulous person

This word has been used since before I got here. And is accurate. There is really no reason to punish someone for using that word. I do not care for the use of it myself, but this is a hooker message board, not a tea party.

And I have no problem giving someone points if I think they deserve it. I just went thru a 2 day discussion in Pittsburgh where people could not understand that disciplinary matters happen behind the scenes. We try not to edit or remove posts, so people think nothing happens. You would be surprised how often you are wrong.

BigLouie's announcement was handled exactly as it should be. The guideline is very clear, no matter who reported it.

Some matters there are ambiguities as to whether something is a violation. It depends on the mindset of the person reading it. That opinion may or may not match others opinion.
So...is this thread about me, or about the rule? Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Isn't everything here about you?

This word has been used since before I got here. And is accurate. There is really no reason to punish someone for using that word. I do not care for the use of it myself, but this is a hooker message board, not a tea party.
Originally Posted by Pistolero
I'll make a deal with you. First of all, it shouldn't be up to us guys to determine if this word 'whore' is offensive or not. Have one of the moderators set up a poll in the Houston provider section to see if they find the word offensive or not. If the majority of the ladies say the term 'whore' isn't offensive, I will never again complain about that term being used. You have my absolute word on that.

It should be up to the ladies to determine this. I may not find the word 'Redskin' to be offensive, but not being American Indian, what rite do I have to speak for them? I don't!
DJ, the problem with that idea is we could not tell you the result, since it is a provider only forum.
DJ, the problem with that idea is we could not tell you the result, since it is a provider only forum. Originally Posted by Pistolero
I'm fine with that. This being said, could board administration make a ruling based on the results?
If the majority of the ladies say the term 'whore' isn't offensive, I will never again complain about that term being used. You have my absolute word on that. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Big "deal" - he'd only kvetch about other things.

And what does this have to do with Guideline #30, or the definition of "may"?
Censorship ought offend more than the coarseness of a particular word.
Now I'm really confused...

Is this thread about the guideline, about me, or about the word whore?