Juror says Zimmerman got away with murder

• Doove
  • 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
I am also sorry that the George Zimmerman Trial didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Originally Posted by acp5762
Love the avatar, by the way. I'm guessing James Earl Ray wasn't available?
As for Hankerin', he seems to believe that a 12 year old should be able to shoot and kill another 12 year old if they get in a fight. Anyone else want to agree with him? Anyone? Anyone? Originally Posted by Doove
That would be a true statement, Doofus, only if you are the twelve year old that gets shot.
  • Kili
  • 07-27-2013, 06:07 PM
I hope George got his crime-stoppers check !
Love the avatar, by the way. I'm guessing James Earl Ray wasn't available? Originally Posted by Doove
Well have to admit yours fits you to a "T" cause you are a joke.
I hope George got his crime-stoppers check ! Originally Posted by Kili
Cold
This is why you are tried by a jury. This is why they have deliberations.

Regardless of the how this woman felt personally about the case, she did the correct thing and voted not guilty according to the evidence presented, and the law.

She should not be ashamed. She did her job correctly. If the news media is now going to crucify her for doing that, then they are the ones who are bringing shame to the entire process.

Zimmerman was found not guilty according to the law. That has nothing to do with innocence, which is a moral determination, not a legal one.

The jury system worked. These six women carefully weighed the evidence and made a decision based not on moral conviction or personal feelings, but the evidence that was presented to them under sworn testimony.

Isn't that exactly how our system of justice is supposed to work? Originally Posted by Jackie S
Last time I checked a jury was composed of 12 jurors and not 6. Where do they do that at?
Last time I checked a jury was composed of 12 jurors and not 6. Where do they do that at? Originally Posted by Mistress Pocahontas
Some jurisdictions allow 6-person juries.
Many states now have juries of 6, although I believe most juries of 6 are for civil trials. It depends on the states. It has been that way for a while.
Love the avatar, by the way. I'm guessing James Earl Ray wasn't available? Originally Posted by Doove
"Clearly" you need to try harder. You are way off the top of your game.
Last time I checked a jury was composed of 12 jurors and not 6. Where do they do that at? Originally Posted by Mistress Pocahontas
A jury of 12 often referred to as a "Grand Jury" typically reside over Capital cases, offenses where the death penalty can be implemented. A 6 person jury or "Petite Jury" reside over all other Criminal Offenses.
A jury of 12 often referred to as a "Grand Jury" typically reside over Capital cases, offenses where the death penalty can be implemented. A 6 person jury or "Petite Jury" reside over all other Criminal Offenses. Originally Posted by acp5762
Huh?

A "Grand Jury" does NOT try cases. A "Petit Jury" is a "trial jury." Nothing to do with crimes or numbers of persons sitting on the jury.

And, acp: Florida "905.01 Number and procurement of grand jury; replacement of member.
(1) The grand jury shall consist of not fewer than 15 nor more than 21 persons. ..."

The Grand Jury hears evidence from the government (the defense is sometimes invited to present evidence) and from that evidence determines if there is probably cause to indict the person for the crime. If so the Grand Jury "true bills" an indictment. If not "no bills."

Florida: "905.16 Duties of grand jury.—The grand jury shall inquire into every offense triable within the county for which any person has been held to answer, if an indictment has not been found or an information or affidavit filed for the offense, and all other indictable offenses triable within the county that are presented to it by the state attorney or her or his designated assistant or otherwise come to its knowledge."

In Florida by statute,

unless the person is charged with a death penalty case, the jury is six (6) members ...

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure
"3.270. Number of Jurors

"Twelve persons shall constitute a jury to try all capital cases, and 6 persons shall constitute a jury to try all other criminal cases."

also to clarify, by statute, in Florida, the state does not have to take the case to the Grand Jury for an indictment unless it is a death penalty case, but the state MAY DO SO and could have done so in the Zimmerman case.

In Texas we have 12 jurors in felony cases and 6 in misdemeanor cases. In civil cases we have 12 jurors in district courts and 6 jurors in county and justice court cases.

Florida: "905.16 Duties of grand jury.—The grand jury shall inquire into every offense triable within the county for which any person has been held to answer, if an indictment has not been found or an information or affidavit filed for the offense, and all other indictable offenses triable within the county that are presented to it by the state attorney or her or his designated assistant or otherwise come to its knowledge." Originally Posted by LexusLover
And that didn't happen in Zimmerman's case.
And that didn't happen in Zimmerman's case. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Actually, it did. If you reread the statute ...

"if an indictment has not been found or an information or affidavit filed for the offense, .."

There was a complaint (affidavit) filed and it is my understanding the case went forward on the information and complaint. There was no legal requirement for an indictment by the grand jury at the offense level charged....a non-capital crime.

The statute gives grand jurors "investigative" powers by providing that it can look into offenses not brought before it or not otherwise filed by the prosecution. Philosophically that provides the "citizens" with the right to look into crimes that politicians might not want to pursue.

FYI:
"IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE EIGHTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR SEMINOLE COUNTY, FLORIDA

ISSUE CAPIAS

CASE NUMBER:
SA NO: 1712f04573

STATE OF FLORIDA
VS.
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

INFORMATION

COUNT 1: MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE

IN THE NAME AND BY AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA, ANGELA B. COREY, STATE ATTORNEY for the Fourth Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida, pursuant to Executive Order of the Governor 12-72, and as such Prosecuting Attorney for this Court, through the undersigned designated Assistant State Attorney, charges that:

COUNT 1: IN THE COUNTY OF SEMINOLE, STATE OF FLORIDA, on February 26, 2012, GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, did unlawfully and by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, kill TRAYVON MARTIN, a human being under the age of eighteen, by shooting the said victim, and during the commission of the aforementioned Second Degree Murder, the said GEORGE ZIMMERMAN did carry, display, use, threaten to use or attempt to use a firearm and did actually possess and discharge a firearm and as a result of the discharge, death or great bodily harm was inflicted upon any person, contrary to the provisions of Section 782.04(2), 775.087(1) and 775.087(2), Florida Statutes.

ANGELA B. COREY
STATE ATTORNEY

I hereby state under oath that I am instituting this prosecution in good faith and I certify that I have received testimony under oath from the material witness or witnesses for the offense(s).

[signature]
Bernardo de la Rionda
Designated Assistant State Attorney
for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit
Florida Bar No. 365841

Personally appeared before me, Designated Assistant State Attorney Bernardo de la Rionda, who is personally known to me, who being first duly sworn, says that this prosecution is instituted in good faith, and certifies that testimony under oath has been received from the material witness or witnesses for the offense(s), and says that the allegations as set forth in the foregoing information are based upon facts that have been sworn to as true and wich, if true, would constitute the offense(s) tehrin charged. Sworn to and subscribed before me this 11th day of April, 2012.

[signature]
Signature of Notary

Jennifer Weigel
Name of Notary"

There seem to be some misspellings in the above information, which is not an actual copy (photocopy), but a text rendition.

In the process of finding a copy of the information I saw some articles about "grand jury" indicting Angela Corey with "falsifying an arrest warrant" in the Zimmerman case. "Four days ago" ... if that is the case ... I don't see anything reported about it among the anti-Zimmerman crowd on this board.
  • Doove
  • 07-28-2013, 06:03 AM
"Clearly" you need to try harder. You are way off the top of your game. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Is that your standard insult now when you really don't have anything clever to use?
Is that your standard insult now when you really don't have anything clever to use? Originally Posted by Doove
I didn't get the impression he was being "clever" ... just consistent with his factual accuracy.

He can be, but from what I've seen of his posts ... reserves that for SMART-asses only.

But this report ought to make you proud of your President and his DOJ:
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...zimmerman.html

Judicial Watch filed Freedom of Information requests with the Department of Justice for information as to whether the DOJ's Community Relations Service was involved in organizing the protests against Zimmerman immediately following the shooting. The documents Judicial Watch received showed:
  • March 25 – 27, 2012, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, FL, to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”
  • March 25 – 28, 2012, CRS spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.
  • March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent $892.55 in Sanford, FL “to provide support for protest deployment in Florida.”
  • March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent an additional $751.60 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.”
  • April 3 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $1,307.40 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance, conciliation, and onsite mediation during demonstrations planned in Sanford.”
  • April 11 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $552.35 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance for the preparation of possible marches and rallies related to the fatal shooting of a 17 year old African American male
“These documents detail the extraordinary intervention by the Justice Department in the pressure campaign leading to the prosecution of George Zimmerman,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially-charged demonstrations.”

I would also add, if those reports are correct, that the intervention resulted in a stirring up of the hornets' nests that could well be the producing cause of the spurious charges brought against him and HE (Zimmerman) may have the civil rights action against the Feds with locals as co-conspirators.

The longer this thing continues to get stirred in the media and in the Courts, the more potentially politically damaging evidence will surface, and it will result in some of those "phoney" investigations of the Obaminable administration, which really ought to start packing for a quiet exit West.