Debt Collectors hitting up patients in Hospitals (violation of HIPPA)

Hey! That's enough yammering!

Shut up, already, wave.

. . . Just shut the fuck up!

Hey! That's enough yammering!

Shut up, already, wave.

. . . Just shut the fuck up!

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Why?
Everyone thinks we can turn healthcare over to government and everything will remain the same. It won't. Doctors are leaving the profession, medical students are reconsidering their careers, hospitals are considering whether they can remain open.

Once government is in complete control, healthcare will look radically different, and it won't be better. I know the prior system needed reform, but putting the government in control, which is unconstitutional anyway, is not the answer. Seriously, the IRS in charge of healthcare? What could possibly go wrong?

If we quit restricting what insurance companies can offer, and where they can sell it, we'd be better off. Make sure the policies are understandable, and enforce the contracts, the companies could come up with programs anyone can afford. States and localities, along with charities, are well able to care for those at the very bottom.

Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare, and everything to do with power and control. If they were concerned about health care, there is no way the IRS would be put in charge. Ger real, Wave. And just what the hell was in those brownies you were eating before bedtime?
  • Doove
  • 04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Seriously, the IRS in charge of healthcare? What could possibly go wrong? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Straw man.

If they were concerned about health care, there is no way the IRS would be put in charge.
Straw man.
  • Doove
  • 04-28-2012, 08:37 AM
shit happens Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Yup, it does. And you'd do well to realize that it also comes in many different forms.
The good news and the bad news.
The good news is that you will no longer have any debt from healthcare
The bad news is because the IRS will take that money from you without your consent.
The rest of the bad news is that you will then have other bills that don't get paid and you will have insufficient funds and your credit will be ruined and then the other debt collectors will be on your ass.
Welcome to Obamacare.
Who can take your money
The IRS can,
Who can take your sunshine
The IRS can
They will put you in the jail while the world turns round.
The IRS cna
  • Doove
  • 04-28-2012, 08:54 AM
The truth

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And the most relevant quote:

"However, the mandate is just one part of the IRS’s responsibilities.

The healthcare law includes a slew of new taxes and fees, some of which are already in effect. The tax agency wants to hire more than 300 new employees next year to cover those tax changes, such as the new fees on drug companies and insurance policies.

The IRS will also administer the most expensive piece of the new law — subsidies to help low-income people pay for insurance, which are structured as tax credits. The agency asked Congress to fund another 537 new employees dedicated to administering the new subsidies."

Saying that's putting the IRS in charge of healthcare is akin to saying that the CEO of Blue Cross/Blue Shield is going to set my arm should i break it.

So, what part of "straw man" don't you get?
Whatever, Doofe. There no use discussing with you. Just enjoy your life.

So tell me just one thing COG

Why can other countries do it?
USA can't?

It is so simple, you should not be able to get good healthcare until you know that your neighbor gets the same good healthcare

So maybe we should let you rot when you are sick and need healthcare.
That's the point where you will change your mind.

I've been there and I have seen it.

It is just a matter of choice.
You want to care for your people,
Or you don't!

Obviously most people on this forum DON'T care shit.
I already said I kind of like the Canadian system. If you pass a constitutional amendment, and keep the government out of health decisions, I could support it. Obamacare is nothing like the Canadian or European systems, some of which are going bankrupt, by the way.