Mission Accomplished!

That is an incredibly stupid comment on your part. Originally Posted by Old-T
Not nearly as incredibly stupid as the above comment you just made.

You, and yours, are attempting to extrapolate from an intentionally hung banner to it was the phrase of Bush saying the War was Won (as in OVER). And the problem you have, Mr. Press Secretary Extraordinaire, is the LEAP in LOGIC from the place of the banner to the actual words spoken in Bush's speech.

The only way you and yours and get their is with exactly what I mentioned before:

The BULLSHIT of "we really know what he meant" .... why ...

.. well your buddy, BigTits, has 20-20 hindsight x-ray vision, and apparently you have the ability to READ SOMEONE's MIND 100's if not 1,000's of miles away IN THE PAST!

Isn't bad enough for folks to be going around explaining what the fool in the White House REALLY MEANT TO SAY, without spreading that affliction to Past Presidents?

You want to call me "incredibly stupid" and BigTits wants to call me an "Idiot"?

Coming from you two twerps .. that's praise!!!

You both have effectively claimed the Sun rises in the West and now you want to engage a mirror to defect the image in a lame-ass attempt to "be correct"! And you invoke your worldly knowledge ("assuming" no one else has any) to prove the "mirror" is "correct"! Try it on someone else.
  • Old-T
  • 08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I didn't say you were stupid, I said your comment was.

I kept my comment narrowly focused, so quit implying I did or did not echo all of Tex's beliefs.

No, I am not a "press secretary extraordinaire", but unlike most posting here I actually play in that world.

Finally, why is mind-reading one prez ok and another not? Both in question have scary brains to delve into.
I didn't say you were stupid, I said your comment was.

I kept my comment narrowly focused, so quit implying I did or did not echo all of Tex's beliefs.

No, I am not a "press secretary extraordinaire", but unlike most posting here I actually play in that world. Originally Posted by Old-T
If the "narrow focus" of your "comment" is that placement of the sign was not "coincidence" .... my point is the same. Who in this forum drew the spurious conclusion that the sign "placement" had relevance to the claim that Bush was THINKING the War on Iraq was OVER AND WON! ... when he said it wasn't in his speech .... when he said ..

"We have difficult work to do in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

And when he actually DIDN'T SAY: "Mission Accomplished"

(And for those of you challenged by English "to do" means in the future.)

You undoubtedly recognize the distinction between a "MISSION" and a "WAR" .... others appear to be not so talented.

As to your other "proposition" .. please do not "assume" you have greater special knowledge than "most others" on here ... based on your perception of yourself ... either from education, training, and/or personal experience. Most people, it is my observation, prefer to remain at least somewhat anonymous on the board for many reasons, not the least of which failing to do so can have serious personal and financial consequences in the RW.
  • Old-T
  • 08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I base my "assumption" not on what credentials they keep quiet, I base it on the utter volume of clueless posts some people post.

There are plenty of people on here who I do respect, but have no idea what their formal credentials are--and often I disagree with many of their views. But this forum in particular seems to have a number of posters who sit in their equivalent of a 1950s bomb shelter and speak of things they have no clue about.
I base my "assumption"

... and speak of things they have no clue about. Originally Posted by Old-T
According to what you perceive as your knowledge base. Isn't that the flaw?

And if your "knowledge base" is so vastly superior in that particular occupation/endeavor, then you "know" that more often than not THE PRESIDENT doesn't "pre-approve" minute details, e.g. positioning of podiums and banners, but some "Junior Birdman" asserts his self-anointed authority and makes those decisions under the pretense of surrogate intellectual superiority ... yesterday he was stuffing mailers and today his setting up scenery for a photo op.

Nothing to do with what THE BOSS was THINKING.
Absolutely not. The good O-5 was saying exactly what he was told to say. And I never said that the banner wasn't originally the idea of the crew--i said the alignment of the banner in the photo op was not "coincidental".

Learn to read--it is useful. Originally Posted by Old-T
Are you suggesting that the O-5 didn't tell the truth, Old-Twerp, because that's sure as hell what you're insinuating. Where's your "proof " that the O-5 was told to lie, Old-Twerp? In fact, where's your proof showing where the O-5 was given a directive telling him exactly what to say about anything that happened on that occasion, Old-Twerp?

The fact that the banner was made for the crew and not for Bush is "proof" that "the photo op" was entirely coincidental, Old-Twerp. If the banner hadn't been made for the crew, then there would have been no banner at all! Then you and BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat would be left twiddling your thumbs for want of something to quibble about.
It doesn't matter where you say I fall on your left/right scale. You hold a true place of honor in the anals (anals, get it?) of the "blue-eyes-brown" club.

You couldn't be more full of shit if you were the only port-a-potty at a national tea-bagging party chili cook off.

You come close to giving me an additional reason to live and are living proof of numerous anecdotal Texas sayings. One of the most obvious is of course, Ron White's timeless and enduring classics, "You can't fix stupid."
You are truly the proto type make and model of the stupid that can't be fixed. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
You spelled "annals" wrong. I also see that you refused to mount any defence of your god (are you really EVA?). So I'm going to declare a victory of the forces of stupidity (that's you Munchie) and move on.
Absolutely true, but I sincerely doubt the location and makeup of the banner was an issue to the security folks. I have had the "pleasure" of working with the WHMO, secret service, and press secretaries on and off since the Reagan administration and the photo op is always meticulous planned. One time they insisted on how full the water glass had to be so as not to cause a "distracting shimmer on the president's face from the camera lights". Please cut the crap that the banner was coincidence. Originally Posted by Old-T

My experience is from being in the Navy and working with stuff like this. Bush was not supposed to be on the ship until after it arrived. For those few who may think otherwise, that banner was probably put up that day but had to be made days, if not weeks, in advance in the sail locker and print shop. So to make the point, that banner was planned and made before Bush made the decision to fly out to the Lincoln.

If we're touting our experience like OT is then I have worked on one presidential visit to my ship, two congressional visits, and the Chief of Naval Operations. It helps to be known as a smart, educated, articulate enlistedman who presented himself well. My curse as it was .
I didn't say you were stupid, I said your comment was. Originally Posted by Old-T
Yes, Old-T was correct in saying that LL's comment was stupid!

Which I find highly interesting from a chest-beating decorated "war" hero as yourself! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I have never claimed to be a "decorated 'war' hero." I have claimed that I was once a young soldier who proudly and voluntarily served my country during a very tumultuous period in American history.

If I had it to do over again, I would not do it any differently.

As you would say, "carry on!"

You obviously don't know the difference between A MISSION and A WAR!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I understand the difference between a war and a mission.

I also have a firm grasp of the difference between coincidental and non-coincidental. Obviously, you do not understand either!

But you do talk a good game! And talk! And talk! And talk! And talk.........
And we know that you just want to hate George W. Bush for some reason. Why is that? You don't really articulate this hate, you just snark, but we can see it pretty plainly.
And we know that you just want to hate George W. Bush for some reason. Why is that? You don't really articulate this hate, you just snark, but we can see it pretty plainly. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Stems from the 2000 primaries. Bush beat McCain. BigTits has never been the same. His hate clouds his thought processes.

BigTits was a "McCainist," who whined about the Bush "dirty tricks."

Then he became a Kerry-ist, a Hillarious-ist, an Obaminable-ist, and now....

.. he's waiting for the polls to show a "TREND"! For a fleeting moment earlier this year he was climbing on the Hillarious BandWagon with brave posts of an inevitable triumphant parade up Pennsylvania Avenue, then began to fade back as the "real" Hillarious began to get the light of day.

His 20-20 Hindsight is kicking in ... but slowly. "Poll watching"!
I understand the difference between a war and a mission. In that case you have confirmed yourself to be a LIAR.

I also have a firm grasp of the difference between coincidental and non-coincidental. Obviously, you do not understand either! Wrong again. Primarily, because I don't believe in "coincidences" in human-affairs.

But you do talk a good game! And talk! And talk! And talk! And talk......... So, you have heard me speak. Like I said:I don't believe in "coincidences" in human-affairs. Originally Posted by bigtex
How's your "investigation" coming along?

And BTW: .... rather than your obsessive blather in posts, you might want to actually read AND COMPREHEND what others' write ... just like what others say in speeches ... to OT I posted:

"If the "narrow focus" of your "comment" is that placement of the sign was not "coincidence" .... my point is the same."
And we know that you just want to hate George W. Bush for some reason. Why is that? You don't really articulate this hate, you just snark, but we can see it pretty plainly. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You should have "seen him" from 2003-2009 on aspd.net. Truly beside himself. Bigkotex will take it to his grave, his hatred is amusing.

Stems from the 2000 primaries. Bush beat McCain. BigTits has never been the same. His hate clouds his thought processes.

BigTits was a "McCainist," who whined about the Bush "dirty tricks."

Then he became a Kerry-ist, a Hillarious-ist, an Obaminable-ist, and now....

.. he's waiting for the polls to show a "TREND"! For a fleeting moment earlier this year he was climbing on the Hillarious BandWagon with brave posts of an inevitable triumphant parade up Pennsylvania Avenue, then began to fade back as the "real" Hillarious began to get the light of day.

His 20-20 Hindsight is kicking in ... but slowly. "Poll watching"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
BigKotex is still "trending" Hillary. He's crawfishing but still in.
JDIdiot, we know that you just want to hate Barack H. Obama for some reason. Why is that? You don't really articulate this hate, but we can see it plainly.

"If the "narrow focus" of your "comment" is that placement of the sign was not "coincidence" .... my point is the same." Originally Posted by LexusLover
LLIdiot, the only point you have is at the tippy top of your prominently displayed, pointy white head covering.

We know that you just want to hate Barack H. Obama for some reason. Why is that? You don't really articulate this hate, but we can see it plainly.

However, it is good that JDIdiot and LLIdiot keeps their hate within the confines of their glorious Klan, errrr Clan. You both seem refreshed this morning. Apparently you both enjoyed a wonderful evening of hate filled Klan, errrrr Clan adventures.

You both may now carry on.
Then you don't read very well.... or your reader doesn't read to you very well. I don't snark, I detail but you just don't read them.